Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Haiko,

Not that I want to give you more work, but we have a ParasiteWare forum, perhaps you can create a "SpyWare" or "VirusWare" or "Data Protection" forum too. I consider parasites in the same offensive category as a virus and would put both of them in the same jail cell together, but maybe another way to help affiliates and AM's and others to keep up with the lastest virus warnings or how to protect their computers and servers.

I think most people in AM might know what parasiteware is, but do not really know there are differences in adware, spyware, and parasiteware.

Just as we have with the ParasiteWare forum we can create sub-forums for companies or affiliates that offer FREE solutions to preventing virus attacks and data protection solutions, etc.

Not a FREE for ALL forum for merchants selling anything just positive and ONLY positive informaiton to help affiliates and with affiliate marketing in general.

Hope you know what I mean and get the idea, I think it will add even more value to ABW.

Good idea Jrami. I would also like to see some tips and advice to pass on to the consumers. I believe we have to take the time to advise consumers, our customers what is going on and how they can avoid doing business with companies who use spyware and steal commissions.
    I think we as affiliates have to get the consumers on our side.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Thanks mailman.

Consumers generally have no idea what is going on and most of the time they don't even care.

But from the many times that I visited homes and offices with computer problems and I later educated customers as to backup their computers and to stay away from certain programs and not click banners with "your clock is wrong", many times they learned and had no more similar problems afterwards.

If you are in the "Tech Support" business you want people to have problems every day, it's how you make money with service calls.

Now, if your into AM then the same type of problem that the "Tech Support" guy wants your potential customer to have, you must teach and educate your customer or consumer for FREE, beforehand.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread