ABW Ambassador
    First of all my impression is that you like I have reservations about using adsense but nevertheless (I saw it the other day at the bottom of the page), it has it's good and bad points both from the standpoint of earning income and spending money advertising with it as well.

My suggestion is to make changes so that adsense in listed at the top of a topic only and forget doing it only on the footer. While I hate that "contextual advertising" is being commonly accepted while parasites use our content for their own good with no reward for it, adsense does at least offer webmasters the ability to earn additional monies from it and from a board I have set up this way, the relevency is excellent at the topic level. I also hate that google is getitng a broader level of support from affiliates while "OK what I perceive" is a deliberate effort to push them back in the results.... but certainly can't do much about that - the options suck LOL.

Threads here such as "What to buy for valentines day", "eliminating parasites", whats a good ftp client, and many others will yield good relevancy to the topic and "if they are clicked on" will earn you additional monies to support the site and I'll bet you even though many would hate it - they would be clicking to check out the ad's.

Many people and probably you will hate this idea at first but I mention it as something to mull over anyway.

It also feel it is important from a standpoint of webmasters (and even merchants) becoming aware to "the vast amount of bad leads" even coming from "good contextual marketing". I find myself clicking on links on my board not to make money but to check competition marketing relevant to information posted and "for informative reasons alone" while not having any intent on making a purchase.

As a ppc advertisor on a rebate site my sign up rate from PPC has been horrific - and I think I know why LOL. I believe a huge percent of the clicks have been from people clicking for the same "informative" reasons I have. It's certainly a bitter sweet taste but one affiliates would be well derserved to be aware of!

It would probably be pretty interesting to see what comes up in the many of the threads around here.

If you want to prove a point, you must do something to prove it and I personally believe that once proven - you wouldn't change back even after making your point LOL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I find myself clicking on links on my board not to make money but to check competition marketing relevant to information posted and "for informative reasons alone" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep 100%, and such I'll drop them as I see that it really isn't fair to the advertisers, even though I usually do add some value via subscribing or a purchase, Thank you!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    "As a ppc advertisor on a rebate site my sign up rate from PPC has been horrific "

If you ever consider giving it another go, TURN OFF the "content network" and you'll get visitors who are 'looking for' as opposed to visitors who are 'stumbling upon'

Quote Originally Posted by happypoon
    I find myself clicking on links on my board not to make money but to check competition marketing relevant to information posted and "for informative reasons alone"
    I understand that activity can backfire.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread