ABW Ambassador
    Need Dreamweaver Help
    This is driving me nuts!

I use Dreamweaver. When you close Dreamweaver, the view you see the next time you open it is suppose to be the view you had when you last closed Dreamweaver. This was working for me until today.

For some reason, everytime I open Dreamweaver now, and every page I open even when others are open in code and design view, open in code view. I want all pages to open in code and design view, but for some reason it's stuck on opening all pages in code view only even though I close pages in the code and design view.

Anyone have any suggestions before I wind up in the funny farm?

Regards,

Bob

I've used Dreamweaver for ages now and I find it does that somewtimes, I've no idea why it does it but I must admit it does piss you off when it happens.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Hmmm.. make sure "Code & Design" is checked in the "View" menu. Also, the active view when the program is exited, will be the view when it's restarted. So if you switch back and forth between views you should be aware of this.

I hope that helps.

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon - can only say it really pisses me off!!

Foo - all checked upon exiting, but it continually reverts to the code view. Think it must be a bug in Dreamweaver.

I use MX and it works all the time.

Another thing is there are certain files like CSS and txt that open in code view by default.
    Here's related errata to the Dreamweaver documentation on Macromedia's site.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dr..._errata04.html

Sometimes, depending on what file type, I temporarily change the extension of the document I'm working on and afterwards, revert to the original. Doesn't work all the time, but has helped in the past.

ABW Ambassador
    Damn thing is working properly again after about 10 hours. I think the problem may be that Dreamweaver has a bug that sometimes when you're in code/design view, it maximizes the top window so that only code shows. Noticed that the bottom divider of the page looked larger than normal and it allowed me to drag the bottom upwards to show both code and design.

Since this has happened upteen times, now I know (and hopefully everyone else who has had this PITA problem) how to solve it.

Foo & Gordon, thanks for the help.

Bob

Bob, are you using some kind of privacy program that deletes you usage tracks? I don't know exactly where dreamweaver keeps its records of files and settings, but if it's in the windows registry a privacy program might be deleting the tracks.

ABW Ambassador
    Raywood1 -

I'm not using any privacy programs. It just happens about once per year. Did a Google search and I've seen others complain about the same thing.

Bob

:: Hello ::

This happened to me as well I recommend un installing your other Dreamweaver application such as 4 or MX. I have noticed that Dreamweaver MX 2004 version is squirrelly and if there is another version of Dreamweaver on your system it could cause these deletions of usage tracks. As well if you are on a network you might note some network compatibility issues (Especially with other versions installed on the network)

Also have you noticed the insistence of the new Dreamweaver MX 04 version to add style sheets to all text.. Drives me NUTS ..

Good luck.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread