Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Daughters 15th Birthday Surprise!
    For our daughters 15th birthday this year, we got tickets to see Uncle Kracker last night. She knew nothing about it. We drove up there and she kept asking where we were going. She was so confused because she thought she had a dentist appointment in our neighboring town, then we got on the expressway and she was really lost. *LOL* After a 2 hour drive, we arrived and when she figured it out she about fainted!

I decided to try to find a way for her to meet him, so I became a stalker. *LOL* I approached some guys that worked on the tour and they told me I had to find the manager by the name of Shifty. So I went on a mission and found him and told him it was her Birthday, first concert, etc. and he said he would she if he could get her in the meet and great before the concert. He was busy busy busy though and we lost track of each other, so I decided I would try after the concert.

When it was done, we were in the hall outside the theater and I look up on the catwalk and who do I see but Uncle Kracker and Shifty headed for the indoor bridge that crosses over to the elevator lobby. I grabbed my daughter and jump in the elevator and race up the 2nd floor where they were headed thinking we would meet them right at the elevators. We got up there and they were still outside the doors of the lobby trying to get away from some fans that tracked them down. We go out the door and we didn't bother Kracker, instead I walk up and say "Hey Shifty, so, is it possible for her to meet him?" He said Yep and told us to come with he and Uncle Kracker!

So we followed them into the Lobby and he tells Uncle Kracker that this is the girl he was telling him about earlier. Uncle Kracker says "Oh, ok!" He comes up and gives her a hug, tells her happy birthday, signs her photo of him, asks how old she is and stuff and lets us take pictures of them together. I thought she was gonna die right there. *LOL*

When we got done up there we went back downstairs where my husband was and I look down the hall and see the rhythm guitarist that she thinks is hot, so I take her down there and get his autograph on her ticket and we turn around and the bass player was there, so we get his, then they let us take pictures of them with her.

She is still walking on cloud 9 and I don't think she could have had a better first concert experience! She also now thinks that mom is cool and rules cause mom persevered! I went from knowing nothing to being a goddess in an instant! *LMAO*

Here is a link with some pictures. There are two pages. The link to the second page is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.timesofsolitude.com/april6/index.html

~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

lol, I have no idea who "Uncle Kracker" is - but it was nice of him to meet your daughter! Sounds like you had a great time!
    Ebudae

That's an amazing 15th birthday gift. Awsome mom - who was also smart enough to hang out with daughter - groupie stories can get scary sometimes.

Uncle Cracker was (still is?) the man behind the scenes for Kid Rock. A little more mellow than Kid Rock and definately more low profile - but he can get just as loud and rowdy when the mood is right. His biggest hit so far is "Follow me".
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    He was Kid Rock's DJ, did some back up singing for him and was his hype man.

Uncle Kracker has been touring with Kenny Chesney for the past few months. They do the song "When the Sun Goes Down" together. They are on break right now, so he is out doing some shows on his own while on break.

The only disappointment was that they didn't do an encore. I have never ever been to a concert where the band didn't come back out for a song or two. Other than that, it rocked. :-)
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Michelle ... sounds like you managed to score the best concert memory that your daughter will always treasure. Your daughter and you will probably be talking about this concert for years to come! It's nice to hear how a simple planned family event turns out to be one of the best events, that will be treasured for years to come.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Hey Michelle!

Wow! Congrats. Just goes to show you that hard work DOES pay off. Now all the other mom's in the 'hood are gonna be pissed 'cause you're makin' them look bad!

It's not too often that you get to play mom, best bud and super hero, all at the same time.
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

That is a great story... although i hadn't heard of Uncle Cracker, the face in the pictures look familiar so maybe I have seen him on one of the music channels..

For me to pull such a stunt, I would have to take my 16 year old to Marilyn Manson.. aint gonna happen.. : )

I feel so old. I have no idea who Uncle Kracker is, but you certainly rank high as a "Coolest Mom" for going all out for your daughter like that.

That's an awesome birthday gift. You're one cool mom!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread