What about Link exchanges.
    Is there anyway I can promote a affiliate site that I do not have control over and have it linked with other sites. I would like to have as much back links to my site but most sites requires that you to do the same. Is'nt there a way around this?
    [URL=]http://www.intelefone.net/voipvincent[/URL]

You want to force other sites to somehow link to you whether they want to or not but you don't want to link to them so you will get the benefit of one way links, right?

Some way around? You mean something like cheating?

Oh, there are lots of ways to steal linking benefit from other sites, but I sure won't tell you what they are.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ack, Ssanf!! Come on, you know there's lots of ways to do things, and that "getting around" does not have to mean cheating! Especially for a question like this.

I would like to have as much back links to my site but most sites requires that you to do the same. Isn't there a way around this?
    Absolutely! Here's what you do:

You get someone to link to Your Site A, and you link back to them from Your Site B (in other words, you do indirect reciprocal links). Simple as that. No PR stealing at all.

If you ask people that you know well enough, they should be willing to do it--as long as Site A isn't junk/ban-bait, and Site B (that you'd link back from) has some PR to pass on.

It's a pain to keep track of indirect recips, and some people erroneously think direct ones are better. So it'll most likely be easier to do such a setup with someone who knows you well (and knows some SEO), rather than just asking some random people.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader you have now opened up my website wisdom cleverness. But hey won't the other guys catch on and drop my link or shoot me in the butt?

Happens all the time. You have to watch them like a hawk.

Link exchanges suck.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Happens all the time. You have to watch them like a hawk.

Link exchanges suck.
    So what works that does not suck?

I am looking into ways I can promote my sites freely. Gooooogle adwords practically chewed up my benjamins...

Create a couple of hundred of your own sites and make your own links. But, just don't cross link so much that it is obvious. No circular linking. Use free sites and anything else you have direct control over to add links. Also, use directorys and other resources for links.

Make a blog or 10.

Join groups that interest you.

Write an article with permission for use in exchange for the link of your choice.

All this will probably take less time than chasing after links and having to check them.

Remember, google now, apparently likes the links added slowly. Do 3 a day every day.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincyheat
    Leader you have now opened up my website wisdom cleverness. But hey won't the other guys catch on and drop my link or shoot me in the butt?
    You've missed an important You should TELL the other site where your recip will be coming back from, when you make the request. NOT "sneak" the link back from elsewhere. If you sneak it back without telling them, they won't realize that it's supposed to be the recip, and then they would drop your link.

Your request should say something like,

"Hi, I'm interested in exchanging links. If you link to MySiteA.com, I'll place a link for you at MySiteB.com." And maybe a few more words so it doesn't sound so abrupt.

If someone doesn't want to do indirect recips, just don't exchange with them. Don't try to sneak it by or they'll get p*ssed (as you suspected). Instead, move on and find people who ARE truly willing, and exchange with them instead.

It can take contacting several websites to set up any type of link exchange. Just keep asking different sites until you either find enough link partners, or you get sick of that & spit tacks and just do what Ssanf just said A couple hundred of your own sites may be overkill though; that'd be horrible to try to maintain

Personally I avoid doing many outside link exchanges, too. Link exchanging is about as fun as washing dishes, if it's even that much fun.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

What about free directories? There are tens of thousands of them out there. Look for the ones that have PageRank and provide direct links (no redirects, JavaScript links, or links with nofollow attributes).

I try to submit each of my sites to a couple of free directories every week.

Here is a starter list, but you can find lots more by searching for "free directory" or "free directories".

Free Directories

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Over at namepros dot com, as you post you earn name bucks. You can then turn around and offer these namebucks for inbound links. Some inbounds are junk, but some are decent. Other members use these name bucks to purchase cheap domains and such off of each other, so there's alwasy a demand for the name bucks you offer....

SSanf
    Create a couple of hundred of your own sites ..A couple is a good start...I have a full time job.
    Join blogs groups and write articles... I can work on that
    Leader
    Okaayy I now understand you....
    Tech Evangelist
    Free directories, why, I never thought if that before! Thanks for those directory links.
    I do appreciate the tips. I am on freedom quest to exhaust all the legal free free marketing and promotion tactics for my websites.
    Let freedom reign for ABW member websites(posting especially in this thread).

Thank You All!!!
    This is sooooo Great

Thank You All!!

Nature

Another way is writing articles..truly effective

Two questions related to this post that I'd like Leader (and others) take on...

1) Buying high PR links.... any point to this?
    2) Links in signature on forums, does this hurt?

3) Why do I ALWAYS feel like a noob?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    Okay, so say you have a talent for writing articles. What steps does one take therefore to start getting them out there and published widely? Where does someone start?
    Here is a list of places to submit articles. This is a great way to get inbound links and traffic.

http://www.associateprograms.com/discus/ftopic7273.html
    (scroll down a bit)
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread