Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Make a page"
    Have any merchants here used the SAS' Make a page feature? I did not even know that this tool existed, until one of my good affiliates brought this to my notice. I understand that this tool could be customized by the merchants so that their affiliates can convert their feeds into pages. Any thoughts SAS merchants?

I would like to help my affiliates in creating the scripts for our feeds so that they concentrate more on advertising our products rather than spending time with the feeds. The same affiliate also pointed out that Webmerge is a good tool but has some limitations. Can someone throw some light on this topic please?

Thanks.

Talking
    I use webmerge to build pages from feeds.

If works real well and fast. It is a copying program.

You set up a template page with inserts telling webmerge what you want from the feed and where you want it. You dersign your own template so every page it builds are just like all of the other pages on your site.

There will be no way your customer will know if you built your pages one at a time by hand or built them on webmerge.

You can tell it to run a 5,000 page feed and it will built all 5,000 pages for you in around 10-12 seconds.

The only thing that I have found that can cause a problem is the feed itself.

If the fields in the feed are messed up webmerge is going to copy what is in the feed and that is what is on the page it builds.

The feed needs to be real organized and clean.

If it's not then you have to clean up the feed itself before you run the pages. Most affiliates don't want to have to spend a lot of time cleaning up the feed before they use it and tend to favor feeds from merchants that are clean when they get them.

I use both webmerge and make a page at shareasale.

Can someone throw some light on this topic please?
    I like and use WebMerge but, after I discovered the SAS' Make a page feature I am more happy about the ways we can use both features to make our pages more different from the competition.

If there is one thing I will like to see a change in the SAS' Make a page feature, it's that I wish the code don't include any ("text/css") and that they only came with the table-code-/table.

I have my own (css) that I use, so every time that I get a new SAS' Make a page, I have to edit the SAS (css code) and that is a waste of time.

Sal.

I see that ther is a trial version for Webmerge. I am tempted to give this tool a try. Meanwhile, I am also waiting for SAS to reply to email about Make a Page feature. I would like to go with either one of these tools. May be I should open this question for my affiliates - I would like to know which tool they would like to be used.

Thanks.

For pitty sakes, use BOTH!

I always use the feeds first but if I want a page for specific items such as "can openers" from all available merchants, make a page is pretty handy.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    For pitty sakes, use BOTH!
    Will try.

many of us can't afford Webmerge, so both options are good.

ABW Ambassador
    As a merchant it would be nice to be able to put two datafeeds up on Shareasale if you have two websites under the one program.

Quote Originally Posted by SamyT
    As a merchant it would be nice to be able to put two datafeeds up on Shareasale if you have two websites under the one program.
    No, it is just one program with many different products we offer on our other sites. So, the feed would be just one. I haven't yet heard from SAS about using the Make a Page feature. I would like to evaluate it before I think about the Webmerge tool. If I can, I would like to keep my expenses to minimum.

Question
    is there a version of Webmerge designed for use on the merchant side?

I thought webmerge was for affils to make pages out of datafeeds, only.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Oasis,

All merchants who have a datafeed loaded with use are included automatically in the Make-A-Page feature. You can customize this feature simply by utilizing any combination of the 5 custom fields at the end of each possible datafeed. Merchants typically use these field to set up category structures, or provide more info on products in fields that aren't included in the standard datafeed setup.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

i spoke to my webmaster about this,,,
    he said this will help us lots,
    we have all our products on datafeed
    at shareasale

shareasale
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Oasis,

All merchants who have a datafeed loaded with use are included automatically in the Make-A-Page feature. You can customize this feature simply by utilizing any combination of the 5 custom fields at the end of each possible datafeed. Merchants typically use these field to set up category structures, or provide more info on products in fields that aren't included in the standard datafeed setup.
    Brian,
    How do I get access to this tool? I don't see any link on the merchant page.

Thanks.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Oasis,

The Make-A-Page is an affiliate tool, only seen on the affiliate login side...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

looks like a great tool to me :-)

thanks for incorporating it into your system.

waiting to become a pemier member ;-)

ABW Ambassador
    "No, it is just one program with many different products we offer on our other sites. So, the feed would be just one. I haven't yet heard from SAS about using the Make a Page feature. I would like to evaluate it before I think about the Webmerge tool. If I can, I would like to keep my expenses to minimum."

No idea what you're talking about, I was refering to our program and wishing we could have both datafeeds on SAS because we now have two websites, the Australian domain and a more global .com domain with a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Oasis, The Make-A-Page is an affiliate tool, only seen on the affiliate login side...
    Hi Brian and All,

I'm a Newb SAS Affiliate, could You please direct me to the Make-A-Page tool, I haven't been able to find it... Also, are the SAS Data Feeds free? and how do You tell who has Data Feeds at SAS?

Thanks for Your Help and Time.

Love You,
    HumbleFish

Quote Originally Posted by SamyT
    "No, it is just one program with many different products we offer on our other sites. So, the feed would be just one. I haven't yet heard from SAS about using the Make a Page feature. I would like to evaluate it before I think about the Webmerge tool. If I can, I would like to keep my expenses to minimum."

No idea what you're talking about, I was refering to our program and wishing we could have both datafeeds on SAS because we now have two websites, the Australian domain and a more global .com domain with a different name.
    Sorry, I guess I misunderstood what you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    Hi Brian and All,

I'm a Newb SAS Affiliate, could You please direct me to the Make-A-Page tool, I haven't been able to find it... Also, are the SAS Data Feeds free? and how do You tell who has Data Feeds at SAS?

Thanks for Your Help and Time.

Love You,
    HumbleFish
    HubmleFish,
    From what I understand, there is a "Datafeed Available Page" on SAS which has a list of all the merchants that have a datafeed.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Humblefish,

Just under the Share a Sale logo, you will find the Make A Page link at the bottom of the 1st column when you login. It reads New (in yellow) Make a Page.

You will find the datafeed link in the 3rd column, look for a link that reads Datafeeds Available. Yes, datafeeds are free.

Hope that helps - good luck to you.

Thanks Oasis, and msladybug,

I did finally find it... If it had been a snake it would have bit me ... Sorry.

I have a few new Newb questions for You ... I went to the place where they have all the merchants that offer data feeds and I downloaded .csv file from one of the merchants and I was wondering what exactly that is?... That's not the data feed is it?... And if not, do You have to get the data feed through FTP or is there another way?

Sorry posted in the wrong place.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Hi HF,

The CSV file format is often used to exchange data between disparate applications. A .csv (comma seperated file) can be opened in any spreadsheet software, such as Excel. It is a file where all the values are separated by commas, which tells the spreadsheet to view each of those values in a separate cell. I'm not familiar with data feeds really, so I'm sorry I can't tie it into how this file is used for that, although I assume that because the info is separated by values in this document, it can simply be plugged into your site database for ease of inclusion onto the site.

~Lisa~
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    Thanks Oasis, and msladybug,

I did finally find it... If it had been a snake it would have bit me ... Sorry.

I have a few new Newb questions for You ... I went to the place where they have all the merchants that offer data feeds and I downloaded .csv file from one of the merchants and I was wondering what exactly that is?... That's not the data feed is it?... And if not, do You have to get the data feed through FTP or is there another way?
    Merchants are required to post a .csv datafeed file (a .csv file is nothing but a comma separated value file in ASCII format. It is compiled by using any spreadsheet software). So, it should have been a datafeed.

From what I understand you can either download the datafeed from this location or request the merchant to approve you for an ftp access to get the same file from SAS' ftp server. It costs the merchant a $1 each time they approve ftp access to an affiliate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast