Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What are the 3 things affiliates like to see?
    I would like to know the top 3 or 5 or how many ever things that the affiliates like to see in a program. What is it that attracts you the most - commissions? no-parasites? auto-deposits? length of the cookie? products? brand? responsiveness?... the AM's sexual preference? or anything else?

I would like to make our program the best and I need your help.

Thanks.

OASIS - good question...

What I like To See In A Merchant...

1. Long Cookies ( at least 60 to 120 days )
    2. The percentage of payout must be better than or equal to ALL competing sites in your NICHE
    3. You as a merchant have to be accessible to me as an affiliate – you must answer e-mails or be active in a forum such as this one, to answer questions regarding your program.
    4. Datafeeds – WELL ORGANIZED DATAFEEDS… - Preferably your own inhouse datafeed that YOU control. Actually work with your affiliates on your datafeed providing them with what they NEED. Hopefully you will have a place where we as your affiliates can go and download or make our OWN datafeeds.
    5. HONEST program – NO – Parasites – Adware – or any commission stealing AFFILIATE ASSOCIATIONS…
    6. Incentive Bonuses for those who send you more sales..

That is all I can think of right now – hopefully a more experienced person will add their two cents…

Quote Originally Posted by SuZe
    OASIS - good question...

What I like To See In A Merchant...

1. Long Cookies ( at least 60 to 120 days )
    2. The percentage of payout must be better than or equal to ALL competing sites in your NICHE
    3. You as a merchant have to be accessible to me as an affiliate – you must answer e-mails or be active in a forum such as this one, to answer questions regarding your program.
    4. Datafeeds – WELL ORGANIZED DATAFEEDS… - Preferably your own inhouse datafeed that YOU control. Actually work with your affiliates on your datafeed providing them with what they NEED. Hopefully you will have a place where we as your affiliates can go and download or make our OWN datafeeds.
    5. HONEST program – NO – Parasites – Adware – or any commission stealing AFFILIATE ASSOCIATIONS…
    6. Incentive Bonuses for those who send you more sales..

That is all I can think of right now – hopefully a more experienced person will add their two cents…
    Our program definately fits your bill Suze. May be, I need to find a better way to reach other affiliates to join our program to take advantage of all the features.

Thanks.

I didn't even look at your site.. before posting I only answered the question that was asked..

BUT...

There is not one person that would sign-up with you..

WHY...??

Those Google Ads on your main page...
    NOPE.. that will not do at all...

That tells me that you are::
    1. VERY NEW..
    2. A BIG RISK..
    3. NOT TRYING To CONVERT MY TRAFFIC INTO SALES..
    and several other things...

ALSO --

Posting a question as a guise to get people to respond - ONLY to ask them to join your program tells me... THE ANSWERS to the question you asked was not really what you were after at all... it's just someone to ask to join your program... to send you traffic so you make more money on those Google Ads and I get SQUAT..

NO THANKS

SORRY.......

LOOKS LIKE I FELL RIGHT INTO THAT ONE... duh...

I don't see any google ads, but the TOLL-FREE NUMBER big and bold at the top, doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't see any google ads
    Check out the dusty rose tower on the righthand side of the page.

Oh, now I see it. I'm not used to having to use the bottom scroll bar. Didn't even notice it there because I didn't maximize the page. They really shouldn't assume everybody has a large monitor. I do, but I never would have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out because I didn't see the scroll bar on the bottom, and didn't maximize.

Posting a question as a guise to get people to respond - ONLY to ask them to join your program tells me... THE ANSWERS to the question you asked was not really what you were after at all... it's just someone to ask to join your program... to send you traffic so you make more money on those Google Ads and I get SQUAT..
    Suze,
    The Google ads is a good call but...

I am already an affiliate and I have been emailing back and forth with Raj all week about these type of questions he is asking. He is sincere in his efforts to create a good affiliate program.

You were awful quick to judge him and you are wrong about his intentions.

I am almost positive he has the toll free numbers to track affiliates as well. I asked about that before signing up. I am sure he'll confirm that when he reads this.

Here's the thread about toll free numbers: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55854
    Last edited by zimmy; April 10th, 2005 at 08:07 AM. Reason: To add link

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

1. Long Cookies,,,,,,, we have 365 days

2. The percentage of payout must be better than or equal to ALL competing sites in your NICHE,,,,,,,,,,,, we have 15%+ 5%

3. You as a merchant have to be accessible to me as an affiliate – you must answer e-mails or be active in a forum such as this one, to answer questions regarding your program. ,,,,,,,,,,,,, when am i not here ???

4. Datafeeds – WELL ORGANIZED DATAFEEDS,,,,,,,,,, all our datafeeds uploaded at sharesale NOW,,,

5. HONEST program – ,,,,,,,,,,,,, shareasale merchant ,, say no more..

6. Incentive Bonuses , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, free holiday every six months,,

you can consider us anytime you wish

kind regards
    Neil
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    Suze,
    The Google ads is a good call but...

I am already an affiliate and I have been emailing back and forth with Raj all week about these type of questions he is asking. He is sincere in his efforts to create a good affiliate program.

You were awful quick to judge him and you are wrong about his intentions.

I am almost positive he has the toll free numbers to track affiliates as well. I asked about that before signing up. I am sure he'll confirm that when he reads this.

Here's the thread about toll free numbers: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55854
    Thanks for your support Zimmy. Let me try to answer all other's concerns -

1. All our sites use a generic template and we try to minimize the tasks of our web admin when we make changes or updates. The Adsense ads were included just a few days back on our other higher-traffic sites to test the product. We did not make squat out of it on KidSuffInABox site and I don't even want it on this site. It won't be too long before it is gone. I personally feel that it is painful - it takes a lot of time to monitor the Adsense ads to keep your competitor's out of your site.

And why would I not want to convert your traffic into sales? One sale would make me double the money than the petty hits I get from Adsense in a month.

2. Yes, I am new to Affiliate Marketing, and I am trying to learn and sell more every day. And I think ABW is a great forum for my needs. And Suze, I apologize for jumping the gun and sending you the PM, an invitation to join our program. The next time, I will try my program do the talk.

3. Coming to the toll-free number, I thought this would be a big hit. We track affiliate sales by phone as well. I was hoping my signature would catch your attention, but guess not. The 800 number is a good customer service policy as well. We play in a niche market, but we still don't like to take our customers for granted. If there are questions, then we would like to answer them to make their desicion easier. And none of our current affiliates have had a problem with this feature. But I might consider to make the font a little smaller if it creates doubts in new affiliates minds.

Our is a legit program guys and I am always trying to learn here to make our program only better so that more affiliates join us and make it a success. I would be more than happy to answer any other concerns you might have.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kellie aka Ms. B; April 10th, 2005 at 02:58 PM.

Zimmy - sure maybe he is actually sincere.. AND I wish him luck with the new program if he is. But - the question that I responded to was definately a reason for him to instantly PM me about joining his program.

I am an affiliate marketer.. This is what I do for a living.. Don't you think I saw the "JOIN OUR PROGRAM" in his tagline..? If I was going to join I would have clicked THAT LINK... no need to send me messages ASKING... I get enough SPAM in my INBOX from CJ merchants... (Technically It's Not SPAM because I have to OPT-in to get my merchants e-mails)

I was only giving him some answers to the question that was asked.

OASIS -

QUOTE- "And why would I not want to convert your traffic into sales? One sale would make me double the money than the petty hits I get from Adsense in a month."

I agree - BUT - the fact that the Google Ads are even there in the first place tells me your not 100% commited to selling YOUR products with the traffic I send you..

I understand that you are NEW to Affiliate Marketing.. AND I believe that you are legit when you say you are trying to improve... Yes - let affilaites know about your program - BUT put all this info on your sign-up page.. Build your program with your affiliates in mind - and you will do well...

I honestly wish you the best of luck... currently I don't have any where I could sell Kids Stuff anyway.. but when my online empire grows in that direction I will give you a buzz...

PS - to see an affiliate code on your web site is ALWAYS a good thing...
    people like to KNOW that the links are working by seeing their affiliate code as the reference number for your customer service. You may already have it set this way.. I didn't follow an affiliate link to get there so I don't know..

GOOD LUCK ...!

Lesson Learned. Thank you.
    I am hoping others can still reply to my original question and I promise no more PMing.

Thanks.

Phone sales
    Hi Oasis:

How do you track your phone sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve0507
    Hi Oasis:

How do you track your phone sales?
    Pretty simple actually. When a customer calls to buy a product, the customer service rep asks for details such as how they found out about our site.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis
    Pretty simple actually. When a customer calls to buy a product, the customer service rep asks for details such as how they found out about our site.
    Oasis,
    I have been eyeing your program, but I must say this thread has led me to decide against it.
    First off:
    Asking the customer how they found your web site is NOT phone tracking. I would bet that 90% of those conversations go like this:
    KSIAB Rep: How did you find our web site
    Customer: Found you in a Google search
    This is a poor excuse for phone tracking. Add a script that displays the affiliate ID as a priority code under your phone number and have your phone rep ask for the code. It is on your web site and the customer can read it to them. THAT is phone tracking.
    Furthermore, I am sorry to say that your site is a mess. Your product pages are twice as wide as my 1024 x 768 screen. There is nothing there but blank lines on the horizontal scroll, but it screams a lack of professionalism.
    The links page is a big ol' leak.
    The "Add your site" page has a link to another site that lists all of your other sites. Amazingly enough, the same items that you pay commission on at the KSIAB site are on the other sites too. Do you pay commission on all of the sites if the customer ends up at one of your other sites?

Let me guess, when you send an order, you include paperwork encouraging the customer to shop your other sites too?

If you are going to run a successful affiliate program, you should focus on one site and remove all links to other sites where commissions are not paid. Otherwise, no affiliate who knows what he/she is doing will take you seriously.
    This is all simply my opinion of course. You are probably doing millions in sales each month and laughing all the way to the bank, which makes me look like an idiot, which is fine.

Best of luck to you

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I like to see....

1. Good commission rates and cookies
    2. Easy to create product links (Page builder in SAS?)
    3. Products that stay in stock

This should not have to be mentioned - No Parasites
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Oasis,
    I have been eyeing your program, but I must say this thread has led me to decide against it.
    First off:
    Asking the customer how they found your web site is NOT phone tracking. I would bet that 90% of those conversations go like this:
    KSIAB Rep: How did you find our web site
    Customer: Found you in a Google search
    This is a poor excuse for phone tracking. Add a script that displays the affiliate ID as a priority code under your phone number and have your phone rep ask for the code. It is on your web site and the customer can read it to them. THAT is phone tracking.
    Furthermore, I am sorry to say that your site is a mess. Your product pages are twice as wide as my 1024 x 768 screen. There is nothing there but blank lines on the horizontal scroll, but it screams a lack of professionalism.
    The links page is a big ol' leak.
    The "Add your site" page has a link to another site that lists all of your other sites. Amazingly enough, the same items that you pay commission on at the KSIAB site are on the other sites too. Do you pay commission on all of the sites if the customer ends up at one of your other sites?

Let me guess, when you send an order, you include paperwork encouraging the customer to shop your other sites too?

If you are going to run a successful affiliate program, you should focus on one site and remove all links to other sites where commissions are not paid. Otherwise, no affiliate who knows what he/she is doing will take you seriously.
    This is all simply my opinion of course. You are probably doing millions in sales each month and laughing all the way to the bank, which makes me look like an idiot, which is fine.

Best of luck to you
    I just keep getting slammed on this thread, don't I? Anyways, UncleScooter it is sad to know that you decided not to join our program. Let me see if I can do some damage control now.

1. We included phone tracking option only a month back and quite honestly we haven't received any orders by phone yet, so no affiliate of ours has lost out on any commissions, but that is no excuse. I did not think about including the affiliate ID before. That seems like a better idea than what is in place already. I will contact my web admin to see if we can implement this. If we can...then great, or else I will either search for some other option or stop advertising this feature.

2. Our website is designed for the masses and we have not received any complaint before about the site resolution.

3. I am sorry. I have no idea what you mean by "The links page is a big ol' leak". Until recently, we did not have any links on this page. We recently added some to increase our link popularity for better search engine rankings.

4. You are right. The "Add your site" page is directed to our corporate site from where we have someone approving the link exchanges. I don't see anything wrong with this. Typically, the people who get to "Add your site" page are from other sites and not our regular 'Joe Smith' customer. So, the affiliates shouldn't be worried about customers slipping through any cracks here.

5. And yes, we do credit our affiliates if for some reason their visitors end up on our other sites and make a purchase. This has happened before. We have all these sites that carry niche products and KidStuffInABox is what we call a super-site which carries all these products. This way it is easy for us to run a program such as Affiliate Marketing from one large site rather than running a program on each individual site. For affiliates, these programs cost no fee, but merchants pay a fee for each site they list and we are trying to optimize our efforts.

Besides, the one "big ol' leak" as you suggest (which I do not agree with), we do not have any other links that send our customers to our other sites.

6. We just send a simple confirmation email to our customers after the purchase and this does not include any 'paperwork' luring our customers to shop on our other sites. Our other sites do pretty well by themselves.

We take our affiliate program very seriously and do our best to accommodate all our affiliate requests. None of our 70 affiliates have had an issue with us, our products, our site or our program. We are making some decent affiliate sales, which have more than doubled from last month already. I wish someday I would make millions on our program. That would also mean that my affiliates are making very good money. We depend on building our program on honest and positive relations with our affiliates and that is exactly how this program is currently run.
    If you have any further concerns, please let me know. I would be happy to answer them all. If would like, please PM me and I will give you my phone number. We can also talk.

Thanks.

Internet Cowboy
    You come across as a very honest and open person. Please do not take my comments or any other comments as a slam. One thing you will find out about 99% of the members here is that we are honest, but what we say is what we see from the affiliate perspective. If you absorb what I and others tell you, you will have a better affiliate program as a result of it.
    I understand that you are new at the affiliate game and I urge you to keep your honesty and openness. These qualities will take you far.
    Imagine that you are an affiliate marketer. You log on to a merchant's web site and see a button to a links page. The links page leads to other merchants selling items in the same niche. Can you honestly say that you would send traffic that you worked hard to gain, or even paid for, to a merchant with a link to other merchant web sites on their web site?
    Page rank is fine. Adding revenue by adding links is fine too. But if either or both of these are done to the detriment of your affiliate program, you must consider that there will be a price to pay.

Compare the revenue produced by your top affiliate to the revenue produced by selling these links to outside web sites. If you are making more selling the links, then it might be worth it. If you are not, you must then consider that the affiliate who decides to pass on your program because of these links might have been your next top producing affiliate.
    None of this is personal. We as affiliates are seldom offerred the chance to speak openly and candidly with the person on the other end, as you are providing us an opportunity to do here. I think I speak for all affiliates in saying that we appreciate that exchange of information. We are all looking for the "perfect" affiliate program and what you are doing here is about the best way to achieve just that.
    I will continue to keep an eye on your program. I do some business is children's apparel, but none in furniture and such like you carry. One day we might find that we are a match.
    Best to you!

You come across as a very honest and open person. Please do not take my comments or any other comments as a slam. One thing you will find out about 99% of the members here is that we are honest, but what we say is what we see from the affiliate perspective. If you absorb what I and others tell you, you will have a better affiliate program as a result of it.
    I understand that you are new at the affiliate game and I urge you to keep your honesty and openness. These qualities will take you far.
    Imagine that you are an affiliate marketer. You log on to a merchant's web site and see a button to a links page. The links page leads to other merchants selling items in the same niche. Can you honestly say that you would send traffic that you worked hard to gain, or even paid for, to a merchant with a link to other merchant web sites on their web site?
    Page rank is fine. Adding revenue by adding links is fine too. But if either or both of these are done to the detriment of your affiliate program, you must consider that there will be a price to pay.

Compare the revenue produced by your top affiliate to the revenue produced by selling these links to outside web sites. If you are making more selling the links, then it might be worth it. If you are not, you must then consider that the affiliate who decides to pass on your program because of these links might have been your next top producing affiliate.
    None of this is personal. We as affiliates are seldom offerred the chance to speak openly and candidly with the person on the other end, as you are providing us an opportunity to do here. I think I speak for all affiliates in saying that we appreciate that exchange of information. We are all looking for the "perfect" affiliate program and what you are doing here is about the best way to achieve just that.
    I will continue to keep an eye on your program. I do some business is children's apparel, but none in furniture and such like you carry. One day we might find that we are a match.
    Best to you!
    UncleScooter,
    I appreciate your comments; I have always sincerely tried to learn and implement tips that I obtain from this forum. More experienced people such as you have always been kind enough to drop in a few words of wisdom, thanks to which I have fine-tuned my program and continue to do so.

KidStuffInABox does not even participate in Google ads (we tested before) and we do not make any money from the current link exchange either. As I mentioned earlier, we are purely using it as a method to increase our SE rankings. This site was purely put together to run an affiliate program but we also make some sales thanks to our higher SE ranking on a few SEs.

I just have one request - before posting any negative comments, please check with us. Even AMs are sincere and most of them would love to get back to us to clear your doubts. There are always going to be some bad apples and you cannot stop them. Our livelihood is depended on these programs as much as yours.

If there is a match, then I would definitely like to work with you. I am glad you have given our program a second thought. I will keep you in mind when we add new products to our site.

Thanks.

Your browser?
    Oasis,
    Furthermore, I am sorry to say that your site is a mess. Your product pages are twice as wide as my 1024 x 768 screen.
    I am curious to know which browser you are using. We're optimized for IE and Mozilla, which is about 90-95% browsers, but we haven't done any checking on Mac or Linux browsers.

I would like to know the top 3 or 5 or how many ever things that the affiliates like to see in a program. What is it that attracts you the most - commissions? no-parasites? auto-deposits? length of the cookie? products? brand? responsiveness?... the AM's sexual preference? or anything else?

Thanks.

1) Commissions OVER 20%

2) Media with specific quantitative offers - Free Giveaways or Coupons

3) ASP (Average Sales Price) under 100.00 for that quick impulse purchase which is predominant online.

4) Product specific or offer specific landing pages.. No index page landings with your company phone number ont he page!!!

5) Ability to run a PPC campain without the company policing my marketing efforts.

Thanks.

1) Commissions OVER 20%

2) Media with specific quantitative offers - Free Giveaways or Coupons ( Not just a branded banner with your company logo.. please give me something to sell)

3) ASP (Average Sales Price) under $100.00 for that quick impulse purchase which is predominant online.

4) Product specific or offer specific landing pages.. No index page landings with your company phone number on the page!!!

5) Ability to run a PPC campain without the company policing my marketing efforts.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Maybe build a real website?

I wouldnt buy from that website, dont take it personal.

If you want affiliates to invest in marketing your stuff, maybe you should start doing the same and invest in a website that will convert browsers

Diddy-Just being honest

ABW Ambassador

I don't know how others feel about this, but I won't apply to a merchant or network where one has to scroll right on the browser. To me this is a sign of a poor understanding of programming for the Internet. If they can't program a web page that automatically fills any screen fully and correctly in a browser window, then I have to wonder if they can program the really complex code needed for affiliate marketing.

Best,

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Quote Originally Posted by RadarCat

I don't know how others feel about this, but I won't apply to a merchant or network where one has to scroll right on the browser. To me this is a sign of a poor understanding of programming for the Internet. If they can't program a web page that automatically fills any screen fully and correctly in a browser window, then I have to wonder if they can program the really complex code needed for affiliate marketing.

Best,

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com
    Thanks for the feedback RadarCat, we plan to make the necessary changes shortly. I will post back here when the changes have been made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast