Exclamation Computer on, but nothing appears on monitor because Safe Mode - help!
    Been having some problems. Time to time, an IE window will pop up and show a wallpaper site to go to.

It was starting to get a little annoying. To get rid of these spyware pop-ups for a wallpaper site, a website advised me to set up my computer in Safe Mode so that I could delete it. I did that using "msconfig" in Run. Even though my computer comes on, I can't see anything on the monitor! That is because it is in safe mode.

The thing is the images on my monitor screen only started showing towards the end of the Windows start-up, unlike on my previous computers where screen display started within a couple of seconds of switching on computer. PC is a Sony Vaio and monitor is a Samsung 730T; both new.

Now I don't know how to set my computer to start-up in Normal mode. If computer starts in Normal mode I will be able to see the screen on my monitor again.

Am typing this from an internet cafe. Can anyone help please?

Right Click on Desktop........

Display Properties

Background

Wallpaper

Select an HTML Document or a picture:

(None)
    ---------------------------

Screen Saver

(None)

---------------------------
    Now I don't know how to set my computer to start-up in Normal mode. If computer starts in Normal mode I will be able to see the screen on my monitor again.
    When you reboot you should see a menu with the options to reboot in Safe Mode, Normal, etc.

I think that you must press and hold one of the F keys while rebooting in order to see the menu, but I don't remember if it's F3, F4 or F8

Be careful with those F buttons you could end up F disking your computer and yes that is what it is called. If you do you will be reformating and each manufacturer seems to use a diffrent key to do this. So use caution.

Dreamie

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread