Action Jackson - King of the World
    Movie Reviews
    I just started a new movie reviews site at http://motionpicturelovers.com
    If anyone is interested in submitting articles let me know what you want in exchange and we can work something out. Feel free to sign up for the blog too

ABW Ambassador
    Howdy Jack

Your agenda seems a little muddled. Perhaps some real reviews without all the products. Remember, a pic & an affiliate link does not equal content.

Maybe have a look at some of the more popular movie reviews sites and see how to do it properly to keep traffic coming back. (but not aintitcool. that's bad mmmkay)

Also, "The film focuses on the time he was directing movies abd inventing stunning aeril aircraft" (from here) Spell check is your friend.

I think movie reviews is too general a topic. It's incredibly competitive even for sites with no affiliate links or AdSense. I have a friend who did a movie review site a little over a year ago. She has friends write long reviews with 6 to 8 paragraphs and in all that time I don't think she's made more than $50 selling movies. The reviews are detailed and she does a great job of keeping things up to date, but I just don't see a big opportunity here. Maybe you can offer something more unique such as a synopsis or your understanding of complicated movies. I'm not really sure what you can do with this market, but I don't believe there's much to be made doing this. Good luck!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I think it's too specific. Why don't you widen your horizons by adding restaurant, book, and other product reviews?

Hi Jackson992,

I am of course partial to the genre you have selected

Feel free to check out our forums here and contact me or Ila for ideas on movie related memorabilia including Lord of the Rings as well as the upcoming Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and more.
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

My advice would be to avoid content-heavy sites. Don't bother with movies. In fact, just refer your visitors to us.

Do it for fun and because you like it. However your site will cover expenses but that's about it. I have a movie/actors site and people do not go there to shop. I promote Netflix, Blockbuster and Walmart DVD rentals. Not one sale and 48 click-throughs with 90,000 impressions. I do get an Amazon sale once in a while and make a few dollars with adsense.

For reviews I go to Yahoo movies, Amazon and Netflix.
    For entertaining reviews I check out flickfilosopher once in a while.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSpeed
    Do it for fun and because you like it. However your site will cover expenses but that's about it.
    Really? We must be a fluke, then ...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread