is a Session Cookie the way to go...
    is a Session Cookie the way to go if given the choice, rather than setting a specified number of days? And what is the difference between a session and persistent cookie anyway?

I have a company willing to set me up in their Mal's e-commerce shopping cart mTracker program, and neither of us knows the answer. The deal we want is for my customers to remain mine when ever they purchase from my links.

Thanks in advance

Affiliate Manager
    Los Angeles, California

# Use a text browser such as Lynx to examine your site, because most search engine spiders see your site much as Lynx would. If fancy features such as Javascript, cookies, session ID's, frames, DHTML, or Flash keep you from seeing all of your site in a text browser, then search engine spiders may have trouble crawling your site.
    # Allow search bots to crawl your sites without session ID's or arguments that track their path through the site. These techniques are useful for tracking individual user behavior, but the access pattern of bots is entirely different. Using these techniques may result in incomplete indexing of your site, as bots may not be able to eliminate URLs that look different but actually point to the same page.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread