Ebay report question
    My cj report shows that one lead(ebay) was on 4/8, but $0 commission. There is another lead(ebay) on 4/10 and $20 commission. Does anyone know why I wasn't paid for the first lead?

The lead has to bid or do a "But it Now" for you to get the $20 commission.

I suspect that the first one you mentioned says "Registration" and the second one says "Active Registration."

When somebody registers through your link, you'll first see "Registration" for $0. Once they activate their eBay account by either placing a bid, or a buy it now, you will see a "Bid" or "Buy It Now" for 10 cents, and then an "Active Registration" for $20.

Not everybody who registers follows through by placing a bid or buy-it-now. On the other hand, I've seen them come through as Active Registrations a few days after the initial Registration. Some people like to wait until just before an auction closes to bid.

I didn't see any $.10s with the second one. Hope I will see the other $20 in the next few days. Thanks Abelony and Tracy.

In the past two weeks, I got 9 leads/registrations. Only 4 of them were activated. I wonder what happened the other 5. I am new to ebay. Is that nornal?

In order for them to become active, the person who registered had to have also placed a bid or BIN.

How are you promoting eBay? Are you providing a specific list of items for sale via the Editor Kit or are you just providing general links to eBay encouraging people to register?

I haven't downloaded any of my complete month reports for this year, but here is my data for December: 169 registrations; 147 active registrations. So, 22 people who registered never followed through my placing a bid/BIN.

My experience is that providing Editor Kit listings is the best way to go. I promote products, not eBay. Say somebody is looking for Widgets. Instead of saying, go to eBay and find hundreds of widgets, I would have several pages dedicated to widgets. There might be a Square Blue Widgets page, with all the editor kit listings; a Round Red Widgets page, a Yellow Triangle Widgets page .... each page only listing the specific widgets in question.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you put exactly the item that somebody is looking for in front of their face and they want it ... if they are not a member of eBay, when they register they are more likely to follow through with that bid you need to activate the registration.

I put my aff. link in my newsletters. I got plenty of $.10s everyday. I suspect that ebay's confirmation emails were filtered out by most of the email service provider(like yahoo) as spam. Is there a way to figure out who(their ip or id) made bid or bin in the transaction report?

If you download the report, you can garner some useful information. It is very helpful if you have used SID in your links. For example:

Code:
    04/28/05  04/28/05 Registration        WidgetBlue	203399999;0        	4/28/2005 9:20	1
    04/28/05  04/28/05 Active Registration WidgetBlue	203399999;6173284744	4/28/2005 9:20	7337
    04/28/05  04/28/05 Bid                 WidgetBlue 	203399999;6173284744	4/28/2005 9:20	2
    I have changed the numbers and SID.
    Each individual user seems to get assigned a unique number. In the example above it is 203399999 for this customer in the Order_Id Column. This is useful when you download a complete month's report. I downloaded each monthly report for 2004, and compiled them together into one huge spreadsheet. I can sort on the Order_Id column, and see the people who return to my site regularly to bid.

The second number after the ";" is the eBay item number that person bid on. You can plug that number into the the eBay URL to see what item the person bid on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6173284744

(This is not the actual item somebody bid on from my site. Just using as an example.)

If you don't use SID to code your links, I guess you could sort on the Click_Date column to match things up.

As for people who register and don't bid, it's kind of difficult to find out what they were looking for if you don't use SID since you don't get the item number until they bid and the registration is activated.

Thanks Tracy. I downloaded the transaction report. Great stuff.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread