hi all

i've just had $1200 reversed in three days by one merchant, about 2 thirds of the income they generated in december, if they keep it up much longer im going to owe cj money, i dont know what to do

i am affiliated with about 250 merchants but this one has been by far my best and the only one that has reversed anything, they usually reverse some sales but this time theyre going nuts, i just paid $150 for a new domain name and hosting to promote them

the obvious answer is to dump them but with the way google is behaving and the rate my pages are being dumped from overture they may be my only source of affiliate income

obviously i dont have a replacment merchant, why is everone in the world with an invalid CC picking on this one poor merchant and why do i get the impression this merchant thinks "screw you, were already paying you enough"?

what do i do? im so messed up, i had great plans, all week at work ive been thinking "yup, 4 more weeks and im quitting work for good!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

With that much in reversals, they owe you an explanation. Contact them directly - phone often work well in these circumstances.

If you think the merchant is ripping you off, consider contacting the Fraud ppl at CJ.

What sort of line is the merchant in?

my cj balance looks like a hit counter thats running backwards out of control [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Do you have a "minus" sign on that counter? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That seriously sucks about that merchant.
    Invalid CC's? They just NOW figured out that all those December transactions were made with an invalid CC?
    Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    GAAK! :eek:

Gak!

Definitely contact them! As for what else to do, I HATE to say it, but if you have to go outside The Network to find another merchant in the same line, well... Just make sure the place you sign up next isn't going to give you the Never Arriving Check instead of reversals!

I'd say, e-mail first and then get on the phone if they ignore the e-mail! That's a lot of dough!

As for the bad credit cards being reported now, it's likely that they are doing all their reversals in a heap (as opposed to as they come in). But without knowing which industry they're in, it's hard to say whether that amount of fake CCs would be expected or not... basically the more fenceable the stuff is, the more fake CCs appear, especially during the holiday season!

i can see from my tracker that *A* merchant visited my site about 4 or 5 days ago

at that time i had a little mishap and my pages that earn for this merchant look like they got hit with an uglystick, theyre so ugly, even the elephant man paid to see them, i think my nerchant saw them and thought i was just some 13 yr old

i think they think i'll be happy as long as i earn more than my paper round pays :serious: [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

You still have not said what Merchant it is?

Hey Paperboy!! Get some long trousers on it is winter, you'll freeze your nuts off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I just took a look at all your sites, did you hit them all with the uglystick? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously Austin that stinks worse than Lex's anus. I think some loud phone calls to both merchant and CJFraud would be in order.

another $15 gone since i last posted

its been a lo

[edit] tommorow

Austin ole boy. You ccan always get a real 8hr per day job. LOL

Actually, you need to call CJ and talk to the fraud guys about the merchant...and then you need to call the merchant and find out exactly what the deal is about the reversals.

Then if the explanation is not adequate, send them an a 'demand letter' and if they don't make amends. File a claim against them in small claims court.

Invalid CC dosen't fly when the CART or the pay link is secured.

Austin thats a bunch of BS. I'm getting really sick of invalid credit cards. I think it's time CJ starts approving merchants to their company only if they have a checkout basket that can handle a fricking credit card # and decide whether it's valid or not at the time of the transaction. If the customer punched it in wrong then you know the merchant still has the email and other info to contact the customer for the right one. 2002 and a merchant can't even accept a credit card on the internet and tell if it's valid or not. Give me a break.

Either way I hope it works out for you Austin.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

Sorry to hear Austin $1215 is unacceptable!
    Dump them and re-group!
    Your are person of many talents, you must be able to find another merchant carrying the same stuff..it's a big world!

quote:
    Contact Them

Ha with that much money involved they should be contacting you. That's Bullshista!

On another note doesn't any of these mearchants/companies prosecute for credit card fraud? :confused:

That's if (cough) invalid credit cards is the real reason (cough).

Gordon.As a matter of interest to me, was it me you were calling paperboy?

Mailman

I think he was refering to AP's statement

quote:
    i think they think i'll be happy as long as i earn more than my paper round pays

@ mailman

No it was a dig at austin powers
    quote:
    i think they think i'll be happy as long as i earn more than my paper round pays
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread