INVIDI
    http://www.invidi.com/invidi_products.htm

interview on Fox News
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151706,00.html

Cazzie

Don't say that and give them any ideas.

It may happen before too long.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Well, we have the ability to measure the click stream data that's generated by your remote control in combination with the geographic location that you're at. And through that algorithm base that we've developed, we've learned pretty precisely who's watching, not individuals....
    It's a software application that's downloaded into your cable television receiver or your satellite receiver,

CAVUTO: So do you have to be an agreeable participating household?

DOWNEY: No, it's actually a very noninvasive.
    Pandora's box has moved from not just your computer but to your TV as well. ::shudders::

I would take a victoria secrets pop up over a rerun of the golden girls any day of the week. I am sure I am not the only one here either, They real question is why would I be watching the golden girls in the first place.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smile
    "The Attack of the Adwhores" coming to a TV screen near you! the BHO's and dataminers will together have a second line commission attack point on connecting the sleezeballs of the WWW with the greedy cable industry. Be like watching first cousins mating in some backwoods community of Adwhore interns..
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Man - I just mentioned that in this post
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=56825

Now I come back and it's TRUE...
    what a world we live in..

ABW Ambassador
    CAVUTO: So do you have to be an agreeable participating household?

DOWNEY: No, it's actually a very noninvasive.
    that is so funny i am crying. so asking permission is now invasive, silently installing something - well thats just what the customer wants!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Pedophiles have the same mindset of Ad industry giants.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    DOWNEY: Well, you know, in any paradigm shift, there's winners and losers. But in this particular case, the broadcast networks, which have 42 percent of the audience, currently glean $43 billion in advertising. And us guys in cable that have over 50 percent of the viewers only generate about $18 billion.

this guy is basically saying there's a big enough pile for him to take a larger slice... he doesn't want to make better shows, he just wants more of the ad money he hasn't earned. someone else earned it, but that's not a matter that concerns him. sounds very familiar...

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    DOWNEY: Well, you know, in any paradigm shift, there's winners and losers. But in this particular case, the broadcast networks, which have 42 percent of the audience, currently glean $43 billion in advertising. And us guys in cable that have over 50 percent of the viewers only generate about $18 billion.

this guy is basically saying there's a big enough pile for him to take a larger slice... he doesn't want to make better shows, he just wants more of the ad money he hasn't earned. someone else earned it, but that's not a matter that concerns him. sounds very familiar...
    My understanding has always been that broadcast networks make their money by advertising since anyone with a TV antenna can pick up their programs (at least through an affiliate station if not the network itself). Cable and satellite on the other hand make their money by being a subscription service.

So... if cable wants to make money by advertising then shouldn't subscription to their services by free? Besides, whatever happened to the days when a lot of these cable stations were being promoted as being "commercial free"? It has been a long time since I have seen any cable station that did not have commercials.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread