Startlogic
    Do they really give commision?

I had my cousin sign-up to them thru my site. That was two days ago until I don't see $ credited to me.

Internet Cowboy
    They have paid one in 5 that I sent. Those are only from the 5 that I know about.
    I have had to file a complaint with BBBOnline.org to get paid in the past. Filing this complaint does work. They will pay you once they see you have filed the complaint.

Wow! Thanks to both of you for the heads-up. I've got them in a few places on my site and will now remove them completely.

Sheesh.

Which (if any) hosting companies pay reliably?

some of the ones that do (but don't ask me, I don't promote many) still don't pay for certain services. you have to really read the fine print.

we've heard of some that pay for Unix hosting but not on their Windows server hosting, if I remember right.

Internet Cowboy
    My advice is to go outside of CJ for a hosting merchant. CJ seems to let the hosting merchants do whatver they want to do. An example is Globat.

Globat says in black and white on the "Get Links" page that they pay $90 commission, but they indeed do not pay a $90 commission. Click through to their Advertiser Detail Page and you will clearly see that they pay:
    Web Hosting Purchase -$65 First Sale -$75 Second Sale -$90 For Every Sale Thereafter!
    This is a program that pays $65 commissions with performance incentives that can get you to $90, there is a difference. Look at all the hosting merchants on one page in the Get Links section and Globat looks really good, but their way of doing things is deceptive. Tell them about it and they will say that their CJ account manager suggested they do it that way. This is not a huge deal, but it just goes to show you the deceptive nature of Globat and that CJ not only allows it, but suggests it.
    Maybe this is because the web hosting industry is so competitive, I don't know.
    I guess, in Globat's defense, at least they pay. StartLogic seems to not be interested in paying at all.

I would have to say in StartLogic's defence that over the past year or so I have had about fifteen payouts from them, of which I think two were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by iainvw
    I would have to say in StartLogic's defence that over the past year or so I have had about fifteen payouts from them, of which I think two were reversed.
    ... And how many didn't they report?
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    ... And how many didn't they report?
    That is my feeling. Lord knows how many customers I gave these people for free (or they stole from me, depends on how you look at it). The more I think about it the more it p!sses me off!

Commission
    After 5 days of constant e-mail to Startlogic, I gave them the name of my cousin and the URL that was hosted by them, today I got my commission of $100. I don't know what happens to those who sign-up that you know nothing about.

I will still promote them until proven otherwise.

Have a good weekened everyone.

Which (if any) hosting companies pay reliably?
    Websitesource.com has an excellent program and they pay really well...

Last week I complained to a CJ hosting merchant about the number of reversals, and they came back with "oops, sorry, some of them were actually valid sales, we'll give you the commission again".

The impression I get is that some hosting merchants will reverse valid sales if they think you'll still keep sending them customers - that they think "hey, we reversed 8 out of 10 sales, but they they still got 2x$85 commission, so they'll be happy with that...".

I recommend complaining regularly.

Web hosting merchant
    I got two sales from Startlogic that were credited to me by Startlogic after constantly e-mailing to them regarding sales not credited to my account.

First was from my cousin - credited after 5 days
    Second was from my friend - credited after 4 days.

Is their another web hosting merchant in CJ that credits commission to publisher automatically after sale is approved?

Thank you.

Webhosting Merchant
    Anyone with Bluehost web hosting merchant? Do they pay?

Thanks.

Didn't know if you guys saw this yet, but somebody did a test purchase for GoDaddy and that didn't track either. This is beginning to freak me out and I'm wondering if I should pull all Hosting links off my site completely.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    ...I'm wondering if I should pull all Hosting links off my site completely.
    I did.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread