Help - How do I get rid of " " without manually deleting?
    In 'Create Links,' Linkshare includes " " for spaces in all of their 'text links.' This has been a horrible, head-banging-against-keybaord challenge for me since November of last year! I've practically worn out my delete key.

" " coding does not work with the HTML in my current website online-software. Basically, it shows up as text. Nor does it work with PHP on my messageboard. Shows up as text. Creates one HUGE long line that causes left-to-right scrolling, whatever I do.

Is there a secret to stripping it out? Can I reset something on Linkshare so it doesn't show that way in text links?

If not, can LINKSHARE reconsider doing this - as they already have an e-mail version (they always look identical to me) that has that " " coding in it?

Any help will be appreciated. (delete, delete, delete, bang-head, delete....)

Yeah, that is pretty annoying. I don't do too many text links by hand, but the ones that I do, I have to strip that stuff out.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

can you not copy /paste to wordpad or your html editor if it does search/replace then do search then delete all? This is what I do with many things like this.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    They should just get rid of all that, i delete it all out too. I tried it out and it works with my editor but i still delete it all whenever i go to make links. CJ, BF, and most Performics links don't have it and i don't ever remember seeing it with the bunches of indys i use.

Off topic:
    I also wish they could label the banners better, tell me which ones are dynamic.

15 years and counting
    The best would be for LinkShare to stop doing that encoding. I agree that is pretty annoying and add no value.

Thank you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    The best would be for LinkShare to stop doing that encoding. I agree that is pretty annoying and add no value.
    ... I thought I was just a newbie who didn't know what I was doing.

There's a free HTML editor called Arachnophilia that can handle that real well... It has a find and replace feature and You do hundreds of pages at a time (You can even replace stuff with nothing)... They have two models the old one and one that is JAVA driven get the old one, it works excellent; been using it for five years and found nothing that I like better.

Use Your CTRL + F keys to access the search and replace feature after You get it loaded.

Just a word of advice if you are intending to do a lot of pages. Make sure you keep a copy of the pages you intend to change just in case you find out some of the deleted bits did not need deleting.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Hi
    Thank you for all the great tips! I'd love to hear from Linkshare on this one! I haven't heard one Pro comment yet. Looks like they're a little out-dated.

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyprincess
    Thank you for all the great tips! I'd love to hear from Linkshare on this one! I haven't heard one Pro comment yet. Looks like they're a little out-dated.
    Your welcome, and Yes they do seem to be a little out-dated... And since we are on the subject, I my self would like them to revamp their search engine so that it is actually useful... I can't find anything that I want with that thing... What a drag.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I agree that the   crap needs to be removed.

When it first started showing up a few months back, it was only on a couple merchants. Now I think all of them have the crap inserted.

It is totally useless and a complete hindrance.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    You can also use our free data cleaner to remove that, if you need to do a mass of them all in one go and clean up any other stuff at the same time it'll work great on this kind of thing.

http://www.amwso.com/affiliate_tools.php

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    It would be easier if LS just removed it. This is something they started adding late last year. I'm curious as to why. Their links worked just fine for me, and every other network and indys that don't have it, work just fine too.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    This is something they started adding late last year. I'm curious as to why.
    Me too, it's one of those things I can't quite fathom.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    I would like to see Linkshare remove it as well. I contacted them when they first started using it, but nothing has changed.

Me I wouldn't look at it
    That usually makes it go away...

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread