Problems with IE Freezing!
    Geez, For some reason I'm starting to have major problems with Internet Explorer. I use both browsers, but lately I'm been mainly using Firefox due to the problems with the IE browser freezing everytime I click on a link on any webpage, Based on the spyware and adware removers I have, I don't have any adware or spyware on my system. So what could it be? Anyone know?

IE is really getting on my nerves!

Talking
    Have you tried MS antispyware on it. It is finding a lot of stuff that the others are missing.

Go Here:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

The price is right. It is free.

MS antispyware
    Already tried MS antispyware, with no luck

Talking
    The only thing left is this then.

Did you make SSanf mad.

Maybe she did it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jc101
    So what could it be? Anyone know?
    These days it could be just about anything, we haven't yet had the "OK Corral" shootout in the wild wild west of the Internet. However MS pushed 6 updates today through auto update, perhaps, if you didn't get them yet, they'll help?

Quote Originally Posted by jc101
    Geez, For some reason I'm starting to have major problems with Internet Explorer. I use both browsers, but lately I'm been mainly using Firefox due to the problems with the IE browser freezing everytime I click on a link on any webpage, Based on the spyware and adware removers I have, I don't have any adware or spyware on my system. So what could it be? Anyone know?

IE is really getting on my nerves!
    Don't blame the messenger (IE)

I have the same problem but, only on CJ.

Now jc101, don't get offended by this but, I think that your problem must be age related.

The last photo you posted of yourself on Vegas last year, looked like a young 25 years old affiliate marketer, but just by looking at your new photo on your avatar, it looks that you're aged a lot in just a few months.

You look like a fifty year old man on your new avatar, so bring your old dog pic back, get a plastic surgery or just wait for Drewbert to tell you to drop I.E. and get a MAC.

Sal.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Boot up in safe mode and run the latest updated Norton anti-virus in safe mode. Then run MS Anti-virus in safe mode. The watch the two work together when booting into normal mode on the hidden startup files. You just might have a completely hijacked IE browser via virus + adware bundles. Download a new IE 6.0 from Microsofts site... install over the old one.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Doesn't work for windows 98. I really MUST hook up my new computer I got for Yule before it is out of date.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15 years and counting
    I had the same problem last week. Run several Antispywares, not only MS, several times. I found two pieces of cr@p belonging to Cydoor not detected first. And IE doesn't freeze anymore.

JC, I was having the same problem for over a month. It ended up being McAfee's spam remover that was creating my problems. I like all of the other products I use from McAfee but the anti spam wasn't cutting it. I ended up removing the program and low and behold I had my computer back to the speed it should be at. If you have an anti spam program you might want to try and disable it. Another thing was I had the email set to check way to often for new email and once I changed that to about every half hour instead of every 5 minutes it helped. The reason being I have a lot of email acts for each site I have. No Ecom, I don't spam .

If you don't think that is the problem I would suggest trying the free online virus scan at Panda.com . I'm still impressed with it finding a lot of junk that some of the others didn't find. I would give it a shot. It's at
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/product..._principal.htm

I would suggest trying the free online virus scan at Panda.com
    I totally agree. Panda's free online virus scan finds nasties that the others....both paid and free....miss.

continued:
    Shoremark said: MS pushed 6 updates today through auto update, perhaps, if you didn't get them yet, they'll help?

Well that solved the problem, thanks everyone for the help.

15 years and counting
    I'm running the online virus scan at Panda.com on a squeaky clean PC after using all the known antispywares.
    Scanning... Scan report
    System Files Messages Scanned Yes 300421 Infected - 3
    And it's far from over, scary.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Realistic and scary. The BHO infestation game now commonly involves bundling computer viruses with drive-by and hidden installs. Immediately they attack major Anti-Virus & Spyware/Adware detect and removal tools blocking scans and updates. They even block access to sites like www.trendmicro.com for their online virus scanner... "Housecall". Even the Microsoft O/S security updates are blocked.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread