Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    www.myschooltoolbar.com new on the radar
    Anyone had chance to test and play with this one?

Cheers

chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Toolbar BHO + loyality shopping rebates for schools (charity) + 600 instant merchants = trouble. Think Schoolpop.com on a copycats budget with initial commissions from site links going into a "trust me" account till the toolbar infestation takes hold.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    It sounds more than suspicious and with toolbar in the domain name... We can understand easily where they going. Impressive list of LS and CJ merchants. But I can't download anything "Please let us know if you are interested in becoming a Beta-Tester!" They don't hide their contacts, no traffic, no past, they have other activities in computer support.
    I'll be surprised to find them today as one of the top affiliates. It's weird to be completely unknown with such an ambition. They have a plan to use something but they are not there, yet.
    They need somebody to educate them. May be you, Chris!

They need somebody to educate them. May be you, Chris!
    I better drop them an email and invite a dialogue

cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hey Guys -

My name is Matt Fleming - founder of myschooltoolbar.com and the sister site myfundraisingtoolbar.com. It was very interesting to find a posting about potential suspicious activity regarding our program.

We originally started as a means to help meet the Scrip requirements at my Girlfriend's daughter's private school. They use Escrip, and I have a real uneasy feeling about registering my credit cards, plus they were charging a fee to the end user to use their service! So I wanted to do something that did not require registration of any kind.

I found Escrip's online shopping mall - and their "Helper" app (Toprebates - Removing it with Spybot kills your TCPIP connection) as well as schoolpop's and the thing that hit me is that they are taking roughly 50% of the affiliate commissions and putting them in their pocket. That got me fuming... So I created the site with a higher payout directly to the schools and organizations.

The toolbar contains a popup blocker, a ticker which schools can use to report closings and other news to the end users to help save on telephone traffic, and any other custom links the school requests. Plus - each is branded with the school logo.

I know with all of the spyware/malware garbage out there, when stuff pops up it sends some red flags. The toolbar has no tracking features in it at all, and has no voodoo in it to hijack a session or the user's browsing ability. My primary occupation is providing remote computer support - and Spyware removal is the number one issue I encounter.

Chris - I would be very grateful to open a dialog with you and am open to any suggestions regarding the site and our mission. I really want to get this thing going so these schools can get a consistent source of revenue pouring in to offset their costs (And if I eat another $2 fundraising candy bar I think I am going to be sick...).

Sincerely,

Matt Fleming
    http://www.myschooltoolbar.com

The BHO incent pedophiles control the school and local charity fund raising ebiz plans. I'd think if your school cash back funding program is totally legit, and a honest representation of the tainted SchoolPop -Upromise -iGive etc model, you could get strong media coverage. The news hounds have nothing to balance out the normal reporting of Adwhore pimping and targeting of the under 15 easily duped crowd.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Hi Matt

Have replied thanks.

Cheers

Chris

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Matt's new here.

Could someone translate Mike's post into english for him?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theteamtec
    ...they are taking roughly 50% of the affiliate commissions and putting them in their pocket. That got me fuming... So I created the site with a higher payout directly to the schools and organizations.
    I really want to get this thing going so these schools can get a consistent source of revenue pouring in to offset their costs
    How does your toolbar generate revenue for the schools?
    Does it serves up an affiliate link for them to click on?
    How does it know what links to serve up when?
    Does it alter any links or linking behavior off of, or on, pages being viewed?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Matt's new here.

HMM Let's see what I can do...

>>The BHO incent pedophiles control the school and local charity fund raising ebiz plans.

The online charity toolbar biz is infested with lousy crooks!

I'd think if your school cash back funding program is totally legit, and a honest representation of the tainted SchoolPop -Upromise -iGive etc model, you could get strong media coverage.

A good toolbar that doesn't steal commissions from other affiliates, isn't spyware, and doesn't cause us or its users trouble, is so rare it'd make the news! (And--SchoolPop, Upromise, and iGive are scum.)

The news hounds have nothing to balance out the normal reporting of Adwhore pimping and targeting of the under 15 easily duped crowd.

There's way too much bad press lately because of scummy adware and spyware. So it'd be good for the industry if we could show the news people some legit players, so the general public doesn't think affiliates are all bad.

How's that translation?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Matt's new here.

You mean Mike's posts have an English meaning? I spoke English all my life and still can't understand 80% of what he says. I gather he doesn't much like Adwhores and BHOs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    HMM Let's see what I can do...

>>The BHO incent pedophiles control the school and local charity fund raising ebiz plans.

The online charity toolbar biz is infested with lousy crooks!

I'd think if your school cash back funding program is totally legit, and a honest representation of the tainted SchoolPop -Upromise -iGive etc model, you could get strong media coverage.

A good toolbar that doesn't steal commissions from other affiliates, isn't spyware, and doesn't cause us or its users trouble, is so rare it'd make the news! (And--SchoolPop, Upromise, and iGive are scum.)

The news hounds have nothing to balance out the normal reporting of Adwhore pimping and targeting of the under 15 easily duped crowd.

There's way too much bad press lately because of scummy adware and spyware. So it'd be good for the industry if we could show the news people some legit players, so the general public doesn't think affiliates are all bad.

How's that translation?
    Is that what he said?? All I got was BHO and Adwhore something or another. Maybe someone should make a Mikeese to English dictionary. I bet I know what the first two words would be...

Smile
    Leader and Ms. B should team up and translate all the Mikizms into totally decernable formated text. It would probably lead to getting well hung (or is that hung well?) for Outing so many industry mainstays. Maybe lead to getting labeled as a soothsaying witch for having so many predictions come true. Maybe it will label me as the "master baiter" weaving a tangled web of words, requiring extra thought to decipher it all. Who knows ....who cares?? ROLMAO....

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Leader and Ms. B should team up and translate all the Mikizms into totally decernable formated text. It would probably lead to getting well hung (or is that hung well?) for Outing so many industry mainstays. Maybe lead to getting labeled as a soothsaying witch for having so many predictions come true. Maybe it will label me as the "master baiter" weaving a tangled web of words, requiring extra thought to decipher it all. Who knows ....who cares?? ROLMAO....
    Hey, I understood that. Well, I understand the words..but maybe..well ok, I guess I don't really understand ALL of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    How does your toolbar generate revenue for the schools?
    Does it serves up an affiliate link for them to click on?
    How does it know what links to serve up when?
    Does it alter any links or linking behavior off of, or on, pages being viewed?
    The intelligence level of the system is pretty low.... The toolbar simply allows you to search WalMart, Office Depot, Petco, Sharper Image directly from the toolbar. Aside from that, there is a button on the bar that takes you directly to the online mall where the 400+ other merchants can be accessed. This is the first version of the bar, and as feedback comes in we will be updating as needed.

The system alters no links or existing cookies and has no clue what page you are on. It is the equivalent of adding links to your existing IE links bar. Based on feedback received, the focus is going to move towards creating more of a useful portal where users can search google, etc... And have their favorite shopping destinations appear on the main page. The scrolling ticker is there to Thank people for supporting their school. Also add the ability for users to search their local newspapers and the yellow pages directly from the bar. We are trying to add more value than just a simple click here to shop system. Want to make the bar useful for other purposes as well...

I must say though - In looking through my web server logs, i am notcing a couple of users with "FunWebProducts" in their header... Are they a parasite as well? I am also looking for a way to warn visitors about some of these parasitic apps that could be stealing the commission that should be going to the school...

Thanks,

Matt

15 years and counting
    Matt - I must say though - In looking through my web server logs, i am notcing a couple of users with "FunWebProducts" in their header... Are they a parasite as well?
    FunWebProducts, iwon is behind that adware. They are in business to steal your visitors.
    The Fun Web Products suite includes utilities such as Smiley Central, Cursor Mania, My Mail Stationery, My Mail Signature, PopSwatter, over 10,000 screensavers for your computer, and the My Way website portal. Some versions are installed by an ActiveX downloader control which stays around leaving a backdoor for future installation.
    You can get more information here:
    http://www.networkworld.com/newslett.../1208web2.html
    or
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum39/1510.htm

Cutsey name for a scumbag freebee BHO infestation site.

funwebproducts.com is Ask Jeeves.

See http://www.benedelman.org/news/050205-1.html and http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/in...jeeves-banner/ for analyses of some of their installation practices.

15 years and counting
    It's hard to follow who is behind what.
    "Ask Jeeves bought Interactive Search Holdings, owner of several destination sites including iWon, Excite and My Way, for about $343 million in cash and stock."
    http://news.com.com/Ask+Jeeves+to+bu...3-5169791.html

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I am also looking for a way to warn visitors about some of these parasitic apps that could be stealing the commission that should be going to the school...
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=17380

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread