Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry Bad Check from LinkShare!!!
    I finally got a check from LS. It bounced! About a year and a half of commissions, $708.05, which is about what I made in these first - same number of months at CJ, but this check bounced!!! I see all sorts of merchant payments recieved all thur the date range of this time, but the amounts aren't there. Anybody else having a similar problem?

They withheld your commissions for 1 1/2 years?
    I've always have been paid monthly.

What kind of program are you participating in?
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Special Liaison
    Dear SALocalcom

If the check came from LinkShare, please send the check back so the issue can be investigated and reissued.

LinkShare Corporation
    Attn: Affiliate Check Cutting
    215 Park Avenue South
    8th Floor
    New York, NY 10003

Regards,

Gloria

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid
    Dear SALocalcom

If the check came from LinkShare, please send the check back so the issue can be investigated and reissued.
    No-I don't think that'll get me paid. Then they'd just keep it. I might, however send a copy to the Attorney General - here in my state. In my "Merchant Payment History", I've got nearly 150 of these and've never been paid a dime. ""Merchant Paid Directly, Payment Received on Oct 21, 2004, all the way thru - Payment Received on Apr 14, 2005.""

ABW Ambassador
    This doesn't sound right. Did you take to long to cash the check so the bank wouldn't cash it? Why was it refused? You seem to be claiming insufficient funds, but is that really the reason?

Also if you are not will to have linkshare help you, your AG is not going to care.

Chet

bad checks
    I never had any bad checks from Linkshare.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc101
    I never had any bad checks from Linkshare.
    Me neither.....
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I have never had one bounce either, and I have had too many checks from them to even try to keep count.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    This doesn't sound right. Did you take to long to cash the check so the bank wouldn't cash it? Why was it refused? You seem to be claiming insufficient funds, but is that really the reason?

Also if you are not will to have linkshare help you, your AG is not going to care.

Chet
    No-I haven't claim anything, except that it didn't clear. I won't know why till it comes back from the bank in the mail.

ABW Ambassador
    You didn't answer the question about the one and a half years. Hows that work?

LS may be a slow payer at times, but their checks have been rock solid for me as far as cashing them goes.

I've had two non-LS checks bounce in the past. This thread has me thinking I should pull them out and frame them as a reminder that it can and does happen. Since the checks weren't very big, I dropped the merchant and let it go. I didn't really want too, but the time spent collecting was better spent elsewere, given their small $ amounts.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

I had one LinkShare check bounce. This was actually a duplicate check from a single merchant. I contacted the merchant and they told me to go ahead and cash it since it was a small amount. Probably not the best decision because I'm still out the $7 my bank charged me for the bad check.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    I have not had problems cashing Linkshare checks (knock on wood!).

SALocalcom wrote
    ... I've got nearly 150 of these and've never been paid a dime. ""Merchant Paid Directly, Payment Received on Oct 21, 2004, all the way thru - Payment Received on Apr 14, 2005.""
    The fact that the merchant paid directly means that the check came from the merchant and NOT from Linkshare. Talk to the merchant directly.

marcelle

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    SALocalcom wrote

The fact that the merchant paid directly means that the check came from the merchant and NOT from Linkshare. Talk to the merchant directly.

marcelle
    That was a general statement about a number of sales....this check was from LS and anyway - I emailed both LS and Lands End the very hour it bounced.

Special Liaison
    SALocalCom,

If you do not wish to send back the check, please email all the check information (check number, date, dollar amount, merchant name) to contact@linkshare.com. Please put ABW Post in the subject line. Also please include your LinkShare username.

Regards,

Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid
    SALocalCom,

If you do not wish to send back the check, please email all the check information (check number, date, dollar amount, merchant name) to contact@linkshare.com. Please put ABW Post in the subject line. Also please include your LinkShare username.

Regards,

Gloria
    Yes, of course I'll scan it and send all info as soon as the check comes back in the mail. I did email both LS and Lands End as soon as it showed up in my online banking statement....late last week.

salocalcom, would love to hear why the check was returned. Please let us all know.

I know I just received a check from LS that was made out to one of my web-sites, and not me personally (it's set up in the LS interface to pay me as an individual). So I'll have to contact Gloria, and see if I can get it fixed.

As a side note, I also received a check from Landz end and it went through (as have hundreds of other LS checks over the years), so I wonder what gives?

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by buy_online
    salocalcom, would love to hear why the check was returned. Please let us all know.

Fred
    Sure - I'll get it in the mail this week.

Ed

Special Liaison
    Hello SALocalCom,

There was an error in some of the Lands End checks for which stop payments had to be issued. Due to the Mail Center be down the merchant has not been able to send out communication to its affiliates re stop payments issued on select checks. Lands End is aware of the issue and new checks will go out with the March invoice.

Regards,

Gloria

Any fees we incur from our bank should be reimbursed? Who will handle that?

Fred

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by buy_online

Yea - decide for yourself...it can be viewed,

HERE

I'm a meta whiz, get it?

Plug -" cb750 valve adjustment "- into google and you'll see just how good my meta work is.

I deposited a Linkshare / Lands' End check on 4/11. It hasn't bounced yet, but I'm thinking I should keep enough in that account to cover the check and a bounced item fee.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Thumbs down Something smells funky.....
    I get a minimum of 10 to 20 linkshare checks a week...and all our good, never had a problem.....talking years here.

Your story just doesnt make any sense...I am sorry...

I have plenty of issues with Linkshare, but payment is not one of them

M

Out of curiosity are Lands' End checks issued by Linkshare or directly by Lands' End? - I always wondered.
    M Diddy wrote
    ...but payment is not one of them
    I totally agree. I'll bet money on Linkshare checks any time, they have always been rock solid.
    marcelle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast