spyware and Adware is giving me a hard time with ABW and Any site.
    Wanted to let you know that I'v been having major issues on my computer today, and it's even effecting my ABW presence. Please ignore my last thread in this forum (the purpose of business) it's been effecting my sig and internet not abws fault. Also (Haiko I didn't read the RULES, my mistake) Anyway adware and spyware is really starting to effect alot of people. My family, friends have called me about problems. and it's getting to the point of having trouble even finding the culprits. I have tried over 4 programs and the only program that can find anything is: the Spyware X terminator (from parasiteware.com) and it seems to be finding the following programs, Livewire,KAZZA, Xupitor, and many more. How did this get on my computer. I thought I removed them with my other programs (sneaky bastards). Also Thanks Kelly for your PM's. Also Kelly since your the parasiteware expert, what service do you suggest to remove the above programs effectly?

ABW Ambassador
    cancel

hmm
    I made a mistake in my sig had an extra [/url] should be fixed now and should go to a webpage. Trustno1? which program do you use for removing spyware/adware?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    First go to www.trendmicro.com and run their online virus scanner ...Housecall. Then Look for the links to the best anti-spyware/adware programs at my site www.ecomcity.com/news.htm If you have Win2000 or XP then download Microsoft's Anti-Spyware program. Ad-aware and SpyBot S&D are freeware good products. You'll find it's not a one step process to get rid of all the buggers. Once done go to www.zonelabs.com and get their free version "Zonealarm" firewall and use the defaults to alert you to internet activity into -or out of your PC.

Average time to infection on a brand new system without these defences in place is about 2-4 minutes once thta braoadband connection is active. The crapware bots troll those broadband ISP connections like hungry hawks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Absolutely install a firewall! Zone Alarm is great! I had had my entire system reconfigured and upgraded this past December. The very first thing I did when I got it home was download Zone Alarm. Since then, according to my reports, "21814 intrusions have been blocked since install."

Once you install it, leave "Alerts" on for a little while. After you have to close the box every few minutes you'll get an idea of how bad things are out there. I used to leave Alerts on and would only get a notice three to five times a day. But now, if I turn it on, it's like every few minutes.

A firewall is an absolute MUST for anybody on the Internet these days.

Thanks everyone for the help
    Thanks everyone for the help. I already have the programs that Ecomcity listed. I will try the www.trendmicro.com and get a firewall from zone alarm. Also am scanning my computer with Spyware X terminator and will let it finish if I don't have problems with it freezing on me.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jc101
    what service do you suggest to remove the above programs effectly?
    Dumping Internet Exploder and replacing it with something designed by people who consider security to be something more than an afterthought.

My personal favorite is Firefox:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread