Question Vintage Tub and Bath ???
    Does anyone here have any experience with this company?
    I am looking for a merchant in this category.

I signed up with them and noticed something strange.
    First of all I got their datafeed. In the description of every product there was a CALL 1-800-###-#### for making Phone Orders.

I contacted the merchant and got a quick reply saying:
    "They were working on finding a way to track phone orders."

This wasn't good BUT - I was still considering working with them.

When I investigated a little further I found myself on a page on their site with a lot of CJ Affiliate links up leading to other cj merchants supplying this type of merchandise.
    AND It wasn't MY CODE in those links..

It wasn't like other merchants on CJ that have more than one site.
    My affiliate code did not transfer - in fact it was a datafeed link with someone elses code.

So whats up with that? Any Ideas??

Doesn't sound too reputable to me.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They've never made a single sale for me. Granted, that section never did attain proper SE ranks, but with these hurdles they have, it seems that there isn't much point in flogging those pages! I did know about the 800# in the feed, but I had just deleted it--when I remembered about it. For the last couple of weeks, though, I had forgotten all about that clinker.

When I investigated a little further I found myself on a page on their site with a lot of CJ Affiliate links up leading to other cj merchants supplying this type of merchandise.
    AND It wasn't MY CODE in those links..
    And now that I see THAT, it lets me know why I still didn't get sales even when I censored their 800 number. This one will be handled with the Expire Program key! Then I won't have to care what's in their feed one way or the other.

Usually I wouldn't sign up for a cheap 5% program at all. Their unique product line had messed with my judgement. But it turns out that my old adage is still true after all: The cheapskates would rather not have to pay AT ALL! It's even worse with the ones who are cheaper than 5%, from the complaints I see posted, but at least I have remained steadfast in my refusal to sign up for those.

That page of aff links they have may point to some good replacements, though...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader - I also deleted their 1800 number from the feed. BUT that raised some red flags for me. So I never actually put up any links for them at all.. GLAD I investigated though.
    They do have an original product line.. it seems I can't find those any where else.

Maybe I will sign-up with CJ and pay for the service.. OFFER a 25% commission and then PUT UP ALL MY OTHER CJ LINKS - and not pay anyone anything at all..
    Just get the traffic... PROBABLY be less expensive in the long run than any GOOGLE ADWORDS CAMPAIGN...

I just cannot believe this.. CJ allows this to happen.. OH YEA IT IS = CJ SO anything is possible.

I did e-mail them back and ask about the AFFILIATE links.. no reply yet..
    BUT if they do reply - I will post it here...

Vintage Tub and Bath - UPDATE
    Here is the response I got..

Hello,
    Before Christmas we set up the links as a courtesy to our customers, thinking that they might be interested in bathroom accents to complement our hardware. We found that this is not the case as we have had one conversion since Nov. We are revamping our site in the near future and the page will come down at that time.
    Thank You!

At least they responded!

Needless to say their links will never see my domains.

With a few stray links, a few sales came through over the last few months with an average order value of around $1000+ which was enough to hit their incentive tiers. The do generate sales on occassion and some of those bath tubs are pretty expensive. Till they track phone orders, wouldn't put to much effort into promoting them.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread