No time for forums (fori? forae?) RiverStyx's Avatar
    Spring Hill Nursery on CJ did NOT track
    test purchase did not track

These could be one of the problems, or you could try contacting them directly to report the problem. Many times networks don't know a link is down and reporting the issue helps them correct the problem right away, and in some cases, they will credit you the lead for the inconvenience.

"Question
    I'm sure I have sales. Why aren't my transactions showing up?

Answer
    If you run a transaction report and your transactions do not appear in the results, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
    - There is a system delay.
    Under normal circumstances sales and leads will appear in transaction reports as close to real time as possible, however, if the Commission Junction system is experiencing heavier than normal traffic, the posting of transactions into accounts may be slowed.
    - Consumer has their cookie setting turned off.
    If the consumer has this setting turned off Commission Junction cannot track their sales and leads.
    - Batch transactions.
    Advertisers have the option to process their sales and leads in batches at a time specified by them. For example, an advertiser may send their transactions into Commission Junction each Friday for processing.
    - Invalid tracking code.
    It is often the case that the code a publisher places on their site is incorrect. When using an HTML editor or importing text rather than copying and pasting, our code is often altered. Verifying the code beforehand is the best way to prevent this from occuring.

If the advertiser has inadvertently installed their tracking code incorrectly, sales and leads will not be tracked. Once this is discovered by the publisher, Commission Junction can assist them in correcting the problem. This is a rare case.

If none of the reasons above seem to apply, contact Commission Junction and we will investigate. "

Hope this Helps!
    Regards,
    Yvette Winn
    Affiliate Manager
    http://www.maxbounty.com
    yvette@maxbounty.com

Credited
    Spring Hill manager credited my account for the commission.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wow is this some BS.... "Consumer has their cookie setting turned off.
    If the consumer has this setting turned off Commission Junction cannot track their sales and leads.

No cookie activation -no sale- for the merchant as their cart won't operate since it can't even create a shopping session.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Well... regardless
    There's no excuse if it was my own test purchase -- all cookies enabled. I am new to affiliate marketing, and it looks like I will be leaving the 'free advertising' business soon. It seems to be nothing more than an opportunity for merchants to get free traffic to their sites IMHO.

RS

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread