Uploading to Auction Sites
    I like the look of this package as I have a database of 1800+ products which I would like to create web pages for. I can see that this will be very simple to do with this program.
    I also do some selling on auction sites such as eBay and eBid. Both of these sites allow users to use HTML in their listings so obviously I would like to create myself some nice auction templates to upload. Both of these sites allow you to put your HTML into a text style box. My question is this:
    Given that all the pages will be living on my own server is it possible to enter the URL for the page into the box and have the HTML page pulled for display from my own server? What code would I need to insert in the box? All of it? Does it need something before the code to tell the viewers browser where to go and what to do?

Sorry if I sound a little stupid but I am new to this and I am sure there is a better way to do things than copying and pasting 1800 seprate items of code! Just how can I automate this process.

thanks for any help offered.

ABW Ambassador
    Webmerge and Auction Sites...
    I don't think there is a way for you to accomplish what you are trying to do without some serious server-side custom coding that would allow you to parse your own static content and serve it up via JavaScipt. It's not so much a limitation of WebMerge (which I discover new uses for everyday!) but a limitation imposed by the Auction site about what content is accepted and how it is displayed. Static HTML and JavaScript being about the only two things that I know of that can be included in most Auction listings....

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread