Angry Are your LS checks made payable to you?
    My LS checks used to always be made payable to both my company (website), and me personally. Suddenly, I receive a check in the mail from LS, and it only has my website name - bank won't take it when I try to deposit into my personal account.

So what happened? I went to the new interface at LS, and sure enough, my name is gone, and my website is what is listed as the "Make checks payable to." That's odd my name "Fred Xxxx..." is what used to be in the box. My tax status is individual (always has been).

Why did it magically get changed? - (I didn't change it!) Perhaps my name was stripped out in the database when everything got changed over to the new and improved reporting system? I don't know.

If you are expecting a check from LS, you should check and see who the payee is, in the LS interface.

Now I have to get busy, and see if I can get this check replaced.

Fred

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    When you did the Legal Entity Registration update you most likely put your website name in the business name spot, and your name in the your name spot.

I noticed while filling it out, that when I did that, it made it appear to me that the check would be made out to the website name and not my name, so I just put my name in the business name and the my name spot.

Every check I have received since the legal entity change have been made out to me, which is correct.

You will either need to change the information at Linkshare, or go file a DBA for your business and take the DBA to the bank to add onto your account.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

It would be a good Idea to verify the payee field after completing the Legal Entity Registration, just in case there was an error in completing the Legal Entity Registration.

marcelle

I remember filling out the form actually. I remember leaving the company field blank, and the script came back and insisted I fill out the company name. I filled in the company name with my website.

While it sounds like there was a way to do it correctly, it would have been nice to have better instructions.

I wonder how many people will receive checks made out to their website name? I know the checks I received up to 4/5 were correct, so the new payee checks should start to appear at everyone's doorstep.

Just an FYI. I will deal with my own situation.

Fred

In case one types by mistake the name of the Web site in place of one's own name in the company name and payee field, is there a way to change it after the Legal Entity registration is completed?

It seems to me that the "company name" field cannot be edited using the normal edit functions.

marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    the problem, as i encountered it, was that LS prefilled the payee box with the company name. if you don't change that entry, then that will be the one submitted.

this mistake would have been easy to miss. i could have missed it myself too if i wasn't aware that there was an ongoing problem. so i looked hard at that box when i came to it, and there it is.

Hurray to those who fiured it out during the registration process! Good for you Waytogo! Nevertheless affiliates should be able to access and modify the legal reg. after the registration is completed just in case they made an error that they only noticed after the registration was completed.

marcelle

UPDATE
    Logged in again last night, only to find out my payee field (whose name goes on the checks) has magically changed back again to my main web-site name. So I've changed it back (again) to my name.

Who or what changed it (again), I do not know, but everyone here would be very wise, if they would check their own records at Linkshare to make sure they are correct.

Fred

UPDATE
    Logged in again last night, only to find out my payee field (whose name goes on the checks) has magically changed back again to my main web-site name. So I've changed it back (again) to my name.

Who or what changed it (again), I do not know, but everyone here would be very wise, if they would check their own records at Linkshare to make sure they are correct.

Fred
    Fred, I had exactly the same problem, but I haven't as yet found a way to change the info. What did you do to be able to change the info?

marcelle

STOP THE PRESSES!

I just logged back in to get the procedure for you, and... my information has changed back to the web-site name!

Worse yet, I cannot edit that field any more! It looks like they've made the change permanent!

In the "Legal Entity" Section, I can no longer edit the Company Name, and in the "Payment Information" section, I can no longer edit the "Payable to" field.

Now what am I supposed to do??

Fred

I am in the same boat like you! I was pleasantly surprised when you said that you had found a way to edit the info because I don't seem to be able to edit this info. The link entitled "edit legal entity" does not seem to available. The LS system placed myWeb site name as he payee instead of the company name all by itself!

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Having the same problem. Trying to get a hold of Linkshare to find out how to fix this. Will report back.
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Any luck in fixing your names ?

Okay I got a hold of Linkshare Support through their Online Chat (which by the way is only working via the HTML mode). When the Athena account system was put online we all had to create the name of our legal entity. Most of us probably put our site name in that field. That field was then locked and recently it was made the default "Payable to" field, which is also now locked. I've told Linkshare that this is a big problem since a lot of us don't have checking accounts with our business name on them. According to them, they've requested that their programming department reconfigure Athena so users can either change the Legal Entity and/or change the "Payable to" name. Hopefully they do this before the first batch of consolidated payment checks are released. Otherwise I guess we're all going to have to open business checking accounts!

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Thank you very much Todd ! I was not able to get the chat to work, and have never received responses to my email questions.

The other bad news here is that I already have one check made payable to the WRONG entity...

Fred

Hey Fred,

No problem. I actually had a bunch of checks come through last month made out to Alex's Coupons. Luckily I was able to convince my bank to cash them, but they told me it was a one time thing. I don't think they'll let me do it again, especially with a big consolidated payment check.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

I had the same exact problem with my January payments. The bank didn't agree to deposit them into my checking account. If it was a small amount they said it would be no problem but the two checks were both in the order of few thousands. I called Linkshare support, they said I should send the check back and they will reissue new ones with the correct info. I sent them with certified mail. It's been almost two months since I sent them they reissued one of the checks few weeks ago. I am still waiting for the other to be reissued. This is a very frustrating situation... I am going crazy. I am now almost sure that Linkshare is not being honest with us and using our money. I can't find any other explanation why they are holding my check for two months. They have a business model that sucks. They'll probably go bankrupt in the next few years.

I have direct contacts with some of the merchants and I once in a while convey my frustration with linkshare to them. Hopefully they'll hear us and once their contract ends they'll switch to CJ or performics.

I just noticed that my Payment field is incorrect too. I can't seem to change it either. I certainly hope LS doesn't send a check until I change it!! I can't even imagine the nightmare I'll have to go through to get LS to cut me a new check with my real name. I'm currently living outside of the country so filing a DBA and dealing with my bank won't be an easy matter.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Cripes! Same here! Not as if I am expecting any check form LS, but it is distressing.If they don't fix this I will just pull any LS links and write them off as a potential source of merchants.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I got a check today with my website name only. Payable to field is empty in my profile and un-updateable. Since the bank won't cash my check, I am gonna go find my old typewriter and just put my name next to my website on the check. Hopefully, problem solved.

I'm in the same boat here. Got a check from Dell and it only has my website name on it, not my personal name. This is the first check i've ever had with this issue. I cannot find a way to change this information in the LS interface.

I warned everyone about this. Steve Messer did finally explain in a post yesterday that the problem will be fixed - In a few weeks!

My response was the he better be prepared to fix many such checks.

I think we need to make this a VERY visable situation, if any of us hope to receive proper checks in the near future.

Fred

Just watch, the problem will grow worse, as LS will have so many problems with consolidated payments, that they will go back to issuing checks - bad checks...

Just wait...

Fred

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread