Question What alternative do I have?
    Hello All,

I've been a clickbank affiliate for about 9 months and have always been paid on time and have been happy with clickbank.

Now I'm just about ready to launch an affiliate program for my website which is a subscription website with an annual payment.

What I like about Clickbank is that they handle all of the details and pay the affiliates from the proceeds of the sale and then forward me what is left. I've been on the affiliate side and soon will be on the marketer side.

But... and there always is a "but" isn't there?

Are there alternatives to Clickbank for a purely intellectual product that is *better* in your experience? Have I not done due diligence and am merely going with what I know?

Wesley

Hi wordlink,

Unfortunately, if you are setting up a subscription site, ClickBank won't cut it. They don't do subscriptions, only one time payments. Now, you could set it up manually, and email the members to renew through a clickbank link, and if they don't, suspend their membership. But that is the only way you'll make ClickBank work with a subscription site.

The alternative is to get set up with your own Affiliate Program and go with a payment gateway that supports subscription payments. I'd suggest 2Checkout.com.

Regards...

I've been doing more studying on it, and I think that having my own indie program is going to be the answer.

Now I just have to think about THAT for awhile!

Wesley

I really like 1shoppingcart.com 's backend for merchants. It should take care of all your needs and its farely cheap in price. Good Luck!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ryan Fellman
    Affiliate Manager
    WeGiveCash.com
    Cash-in-1-hour.com
    and coming soon.......LEADFLASH.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You could also go with a subscription site CMS such as Membergate, Memberstar or Memberscript.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Thumbs up clickbank now accept paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziffgone
    Hi wordlink,

Unfortunately, if you are setting up a subscription site, ClickBank won't cut it. They don't do subscriptions, only one time payments. Now, you could set it up manually, and email the members to renew through a clickbank link, and if they don't, suspend their membership. But that is the only way you'll make ClickBank work with a subscription site.

The alternative is to get set up with your own Affiliate Program and go with a payment gateway that supports subscription payments. I'd suggest 2Checkout.com.

Regards...
    You can send paypal subcription payment link to your subcriber now which can notify your subcriber when their subcription is end and automatic send them an invoice.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread