I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Affiliate arrested
    THE CASE OF THE HIRED HACKER
    Entrepreneur and Hacker Arrested for Online Sabotage

04/18/05

Our "Entrepreneur" was still living at home with his parents when he launched two online sports apparel businesses specializing in “retro” or “throwback” sports jerseys. These jerseys are a booming, multi-billion dollar industry, crowded with competitors, and in the early going he was selling only a couple shirts a day—at $200 to $300 a pop.

Then he allegedly came up with a plan to jumpstart sales. Did it involve expanding his inventory? Overhauling his web sites? Launching a marketing blitz? Nope. Our Entrepreneur took another tack entirely. He went out and hired a hacker.

read the rest at http://www.fbi.gov/page2/april05/hiredhacker041805.htm

The walls are closing in slowly on hackers and scammers..!

BUT
    You gotta hand it to the "16" year old kid with abilities like that..
    To bad he was using his skills for evil..

yeh give him a few months till he gets hired by some gov department or large IT corporate, and his 'jail' term or whatever will be waived

15 years and counting
    First, let him pay back the $2.5 million in damage.

Bring back hanging or the electric chair for scum like this.

As an added aside why waste tax payers money with a trial?
    The guy was caught red handed where is the nearest tree?

The more the merrier, leave plenty of room for the lawyers to swing and jiggle a lot though LOL
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Affiliate arrested
    Where's it say it was an affiliate who did this? It looks to me like it was some lame merchant wannabe!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Thats just insane.....

What sucks is the ones that are out there who dont get caught
    and are sabotaging the hell outta hard working marketers....

Cheaters suck.

M

Gordon…

Are you really Ted Nugent on the other side of that keyboard?
    if so I’d really like to get your autograph dude…

Ted Nugent to fellow NRAers...

Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

"To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Although I used to live in the UK and I now live in Canada neither country would allow me to carry a gun indeed I don't think I would like to carry one anyway even if it were allowed I must say I totaly agree with this Ted Nugent guy (I had never heard of him prior to your post Bob).

There is far too much of our good taxpayers money spent giving these assoles a better education or better standard of living than I can/could afford to give my own kids both of which have led honest and ethical lives.
    I cannot afford to go to a gym on a daily basis, I cannot afford to go to sports centers to play games, I cannot afford to buy myself all the latest computer games, holy shoot sometimes I cannot even afford to eat three good meals a day so why the F%#& should I help to keep these b*st*rds living a better lifestyle than I can live myself?

I have said before I'll say it again "The next lot of people people that need putting down imediately after the criminals are the do gooders, these *ssoles want to give the criminals such an easy life whilst the poor victims mostly struggle to keep their heads above water or struggle to lose the fears that the criminals have given them."

Kill the bloody lot of em hang em as high as you can reach and leave em to rot.

Vote for me as President I'll save you some tax dollars.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

That's one cheesed-off penguin. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I got one of those DdoS attacks that had my site offline for 3 days. Me and the hosting company got the Feds on that one ASAP. Even sent docs to Google and yahoo to make sure I wasn't penalized. The hosting company has had several of these type hackers bring them to their knees and even got some Poison DNS trajans planted with entire site redirects to some scumbags in the far east and a Aussie Wank.

A criminal complaint filed in federal court on March 11 and unsealed today charges Jason Salah Arabo, 18, of Southfield, Michigan, with conspiracy to cause the transmission of a program, information, code and command, and as a result of such conduct, intentionally cause damage without authorization, to a protected computer.

Arabo was arrested this morning by the FBI in Detroit. Arabo was expected to appear before a U.S. Magistrate Judge in Detroit at 1 p.m. The New Jersey juvenile was arrested today by the New Jersey State Police and is being charged as a juvenile and prosecuted under state statutes.

The complaint alleges that the attacks caused widespread harm and disruption to Internet and computer services far beyond the online businesses that Arabo targeted. According to the complaint, the Internet service providers that hosted the targeted websites also provided website hosting and other Internet services to a number of unrelated businesses which as a result were also harmed by the attacks.

From his Michigan home, Arabo ran two web-based companies, www.customleader.com and www.jerseydomain.com, that sold sports apparel, including historic sports uniform reproductions, popularly known as "retro" or "throwback" jerseys. The complaint alleges that Arabo recruited and paid the New Jersey juvenile to conduct computer attacks, known as distributed denial of service, or "DDOS for hire" attacks, on the computer servers supporting the websites and online sales operations of his competitors. According to the complaint, Arabo compensated the juvenile for the attacks with sports apparel, including designer sneakers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Gordon…
    Don’t beat around the bush… just tell me how you really feel…

Ted Nugent is a big time rock star from the 70’s & 80’s…
    Loves hunting and he’s always been big on “the right to bear arms”…

Having been an inner city dweller in my early days...
    I've lost friends and relations to violent street thugs... so...

If you move to the US and decide to run for president...
    You've got my vote buddy…

Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webpartner
    Gordon…
    Don’t beat around the bush… just tell me how you really feel…

Ted Nugent is a big time rock star from the 70’s & 80’s…
    Loves hunting and he’s always been big on “the right to bear arms”…

Having been an inner city dweller in my early days...
    I've lost friends and relations to violent street thugs... so...

If you move to the US and decide to run for president...
    You've got my vote buddy…

Bob

I had the pleasure of meeting Ted about a year and a half ago.

Not only does he have strong opinions and stand for what he believes in, but he is very smart and one of those people you could sit and talk to for hours about ANY topic. He knows a bit about everything and is very nice, not to mention really funny.

He can be a bit radical, but the message behind his opinons are pretty much on target with the cold hard reality of things.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Cut off their hands so they can never know what a computer keyboard feels like again .Opsss I forget about voice activated machines.. my bad..
    [URL=]http://www.intelefone.net/voipvincent[/URL]

If you leave em alive we taxpayers have to feed em, kill the little sh*ts.!!!
    That way they won't do it again

YouTrek

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ( Makes mental note never to tick off affiliates again...or smiley penguins, for that matter )

Nice work! I hope the punishment is severe.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    My apologies - it does appear he was selling items from his own stock rather than an affiliate/merchant relationship.

Lightbulb
    Then he allegedly came up with a plan to jumpstart sales. Did it involve expanding his inventory? Overhauling his web sites? Launching a marketing blitz? Nope. Our Entrepreneur took another tack entirely. He went out and hired a hacker.
    Why? Because he figured that his own sales would take off if he disabled the web sites of his major competitors.
    With the same logic of this crime, FBI should arrest eBates people, too. They, too, thought their "sales would take off" if they "disabled the web sites of their competitors" by overwriting affiliates' code, and they acted on it. Maybe we have been banging the wrong doors of networks, when instead we should have alerted the FBI.

Also, no where in the article does it say the "entrepreneur" was an affiliate. Drewbert probably did it to get more attention.

"As far as I know, it's all going down. So, enjoy it while you can" Brad Pitt

With the same logic of this crime, FBI should arrest eBates people, too.
    Please please please let me flip the switch.

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs up Come To America, Gordon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    Although I used to live in the UK and I now live in Canada neither country would allow me to carry a gun indeed I don't think I would like to carry one anyway even if it were allowed I must say I totaly agree with this Ted Nugent guy (I had never heard of him prior to your post Bob).

There is far too much of our good taxpayers money spent giving these assoles a better education or better standard of living than I can/could afford to give my own kids both of which have led honest and ethical lives.
    I cannot afford to go to a gym on a daily basis, I cannot afford to go to sports centers to play games, I cannot afford to buy myself all the latest computer games, holy shoot sometimes I cannot even afford to eat three good meals a day so why the F%#& should I help to keep these b*st*rds living a better lifestyle than I can live myself?

I have said before I'll say it again "The next lot of people people that need putting down imediately after the criminals are the do gooders, these *ssoles want to give the criminals such an easy life whilst the poor victims mostly struggle to keep their heads above water or struggle to lose the fears that the criminals have given them."

Kill the bloody lot of em hang em as high as you can reach and leave em to rot.

Vote for me as President I'll save you some tax dollars.
    Gordon,

I can tell that you have had an extremely strong dose of how bad the world and some people in it can really be. I've had to deal with many a sorry dishonest S*B, myself. I understand fearing for one's life. I sure know what you mean about not eating three good square meals a day. I've been there myself for many a year here in south Texas, buddy.

You should consider living in Arizona, if you can stand the temperature, where it is legal to openly carry a pistol. You just might like it after you get used to it. It is amazing how much it does for one's confidence in this dangerous dishonest world that we live in. 8>)

Or get some land in Texas. After all, your web site is a portable business.

I've said for many years that Englishmen make the best Americans!

Come to America, Gordon! We need a lot more people like you here. Let those liberal Canadian girlie-men pay high taxes and freeze in the snow.

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com
    Last edited by RadarCat; April 20th, 2005 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Forgot The "Thumbs Up" For Gordon.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread