Question Decrease in Sales?
    Is it just my site or is anyone else experiencing a drop in revenue from cj merchants? Some of my best have faded into Zero.

ABW Ambassador
    The ones that usually perform are still performing, i'm only having problems with 1 right now. Usually i see a little dip around tax time and warmer weather, depends on what type of sites you have, what you're pushing.

I am seeing a drop in sales but not just with CJ - it seems to be across the board.

I think it is for a variety of reasons - tax time, slow economy, time of year when sales have in the past been slow, Google algo changes, etc...

Think positive - give it a little time to pick back up
    Ebudae

My sales, click throughs and impressions have never been so low in the past 3 years. Anyone who thinks the parasites have nothing to do with this is looking through their own *ssoles.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I was talking to a few people at work today and they all had the same basic complaint....instead of spending $8-10 a week for gas they are now spending triple that.

Some who live fairly long distance from work are spending $80+. If they are spending it on gas they can't spend it on anything else.

Just one added reason my sales suck big time!

You are 100% right about gas prices. More in the tank means less in our pockets. It's always been that way and the cycle is just repeating itself. Same thing happened in the mid 70's if anyone here is old enough to remember.

Yes I remember the 70's, but it was 1982 that really screwd me. Interest rates hit 21% and now I fear they will start to rise again. You won't see 22% again but it will be the 8,9 and 10's that will affect us. Gas? Try 89 ents a litre here. Soon I will need to take out a mortgage out to fill my truck. I am now contemplating selling it and buy a horse!

Probably, we should all be selling bicycles!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Or horses

ABW Ambassador
    A definite drop. Sales stopped again. Even the best cj merchants have weeks without a single sale.

Horses. Bicycles. Maybe a lemonade stand would bring in better income than CJ these days. Expensive gas means people walk more, so they would need to drink more right?

My CJ sales are a little cyclical and I'm getting some every few days but mostly for one or two merchants. Can't complain about CJ because my sites just aren't getting the hits they were a year ago.

gonna stick another pin in the Google doll . . .

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by mhutch
    You are 100% right about gas prices. More in the tank means less in our pockets. It's always been that way and the cycle is just repeating itself. Same thing happened in the mid 70's if anyone here is old enough to remember.

I remember it. There were gas lines at all of the gas stations here where I live and sometimes it was hard to even get gas here.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    A definite drop. Sales stopped again. Even the best cj merchants have weeks without a single sale.
    Sure seems strange doesn't it yet CJ says there are no parasites or tracking issues.

Sure seems strange.

Ask CJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Sure seems strange doesn't it yet CJ says there are no parasites or tracking issues.

Sure seems strange.
    Ask CJ about Ebates and other adwhores where is your money!

Action Jackson - King of the World
    CJ is my worst network this month. Never have I seen them this bad.

It's been pretty terrible here too. Was on holiday in Japan for a month, and the times I 'touched base' and checked my CJ stats... well I wished I hadn't. Did some serious AdWords keyword data analysis upon my return last week, cut out a lot of dead wood - nonperforming keywords and adgroups, and added variations of profitable ones. It's brought my EPC up, but things are still tight.

Sorry to hear about your decrease in sales mailman...

My sales have dropped off about 10% from last month and about 20% from the month before that.. I hope this is not a trend.. in four months - I'll be cutting the merchants a monthly pay check...

Hopefully all the "DIVERSIFYING" I have done in the last month or so starts to pay off...

Quote Originally Posted by voloda
    Or horses
    Or bus passes. My transportation cost has only gone up 20% in the last five years when the Transportation Authority raised fairs. The busses here run on liquified natural gas.
    [LEFT]Scott :tartanber [URL=http://www.scotthamilton.net]My Vanity Page[/URL][/LEFT]

my sales have decreased quite a bit also, just overnight. went from an EPC of $14 to $3

I'm considering letting the gf use the computer for a week with an account that has admin rights just to have the computer loaded up with spyware and other parasites, because she always clicks "yes" and "install" every time a dialog comes up. After that i'll see whether sales track or not. I'm just extra concerned because i'm seeing things like "iebar", "FunWebProducts", "MyTotalSearch", "Hotbar", "MyWay" and "HbTools" in the user-agent's of over 60% of requests.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    And when you see those in the useragent, do you offer up a parasite removal tool to them?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Amazing since the very first month I started with CJ, back in 1998, I've received a commission check from them. Now in 2005 their legit domain traffic penality has kept me from being paid twice! I'd rather not get paid then to resort to "tricks for clicks".
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I am noticing a drop just since Thursday, when I couldn't log in.

Same here. I guess we are going to see drop in sales for a couple of days like in February. I bet my April commissions, that someone at CJ is stealing money. I get these ridiculous reports! During the day there is a gap of 6-7 hours and then in the evening the commissions keep coming. These gaps I have not seen before and it really bothers me. Something fishy is going on since ValueClick bought CJ. I run other networks (Small indy and Adsense) and I don't see any gaps there. Can someone explain to me why?
    If I were a network guy at CJ and had access to the XML feed that populates into reports I would just replace someones ID with mine before it gets there. I think an experienced guy is OK with the 2 hours. Does CJ has a system in place that sends a red flag in such case? I don't know and I am not sure if CJ does.

ABW Ambassador
    Voloda,
    Do you see this gap will multiple merchants or just one or two?

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread