Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No reponse from Linkshare / smesser
    Hello,

I had sent in a request for the Linkshare Merchandiser program almost three weeks ago with no official approval etc...Then about two weeks ago sent info to smesser@linkshare.com about an offer he had made on another forum with no response.

This is my plea for help from smesser since I can't PM you cause I have under 50 posts.

He ignores PMs too. I've sent him several and I don't think any of them even got opened.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Linkshare unresponsive? Blasphemy, I say, blasphemy!

I should point out that I have received helpful responses when I've emailed Sarah (abw at linkshare.com).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Linkshare always responded to all my requests as well as my PMs to smesser. They are very responsive.

In fact the truly unresponsive network, without comparison or any close second, is CJ .

Internet Cowboy
    I have to stick up for Messer. The only time I have ever PM'd him I got a reply within a few days.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, same here, no matter the context he has responded.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Kay....The diddy has never talked or attempted to reach Mr Messer, but you gotta cut the guy some slack here....He's running a huge corporation.

I am the first to complain about people (affiliate managers in particular) helping out, but come on now, he is the boss and has boss things to deal with.

Linkshare has people in place to help you.....Call them at 646 654 6000 and ask for affiliate support, and they will connect you with someone right now.

M

I emailed abw @ linkshare today. I will give it a few days.

Thanks

I think you should call...get you quicker results

You should try his sister.. Heidi..

She's a RED HOT SMOKIN' BABE!!

Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

I have to admit, I have actually received one response from Mr. Messer to an email I sent. It was a [not very nice] email about they way the do business (seems you have to really turn some screws to get his attention). I've sent several emails for support to LS that have never been answered (the last one today about their stupid new reporting program).

However, I have to say that Kalia in the Merchandiser program is the in my eyes the best employee LinkShare has. Her prompt and appropriate communication skills would but LinkShare back on my "A" list if she was president. I can't say enough about her and if it was not for this one person showing real interest in us affiliates I would have left LS months ago.

I have been so frustrated with the way LS runs things I refused to join any new programs for over a year. I only recently joined a few that had datafeeds, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts about building sites for them.

And then today...I can't log on to LS. Not once, but dozens of times. Do you think LS would put any kind of message on their main page for us to know that they know there is a problem? Never. Commission Junction is two years ahead of LS in affiliate public relations.

Yeah, every network has problems, but LS just simply ignores the problems and ignores us too.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I remember a trusted OPM saying ... "Yeah, we haven't tracked for a week, we'll fix it" and members saying thank you for being honest and nothing else.

Funny how the truth works ... PR wise I mean, could mean truth, could mean BS and could mean .... I think I can honestly extrapolate, after almost four years, the truth always wins.

Funny how that works, NO?

PS. Might wanna try it.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

[Edited Post - after it was mailed to the right people]
    Lets see ***YOU*** take accountability for your merchants, Messer.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I'm in no position to speak for Stephen, but I believe he has been travelling for the last 2 weeks and so that is likely why you have not received a response.

As far as a login problem, see the other threads. We are aware of problem reports but have not been able to verify any problems.

Do you work for linkshare??

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I didn't want to start a new thread... but I just got a letter from the BBB in New York... and it fits this thread to a "T":

A sale didn't track, back in November. Sent numerous emails to Linkshare.

Finally filed a formal complaint with the BBB asking if they could help me get something as simple as -a response - from Linkshare.

Arrived today.

Answered by their attorney, who is the same person who mailed me a penny in response to another BBB complaint,

and the same person who responded with "Linkshare employees don't have to answer emails" for another BBB complaint where I had asked "I sent emails to 14 LS employees and didn't get a response".

The BBB's "Final Closing Letter":

The Better Business Bureau has presented your complaint to LinkShare in an attempt to resolve this matter to your mutual satisfaction. Unfortunately, despite our efforts, this matter appears to remain unresolved... The information that you have provided will be considered in the preparation and monitoring of our report on this firm. Your complaint will be recorded in this firmís complaint record with the BBB for a period of 36 months.
    (MY take: LS doesn't respond to affiliates - and also could care less about responding to the BBB)

Mr. [attorney's name] states that they would prefer that Mr. Knobloch use LinkShare's standarad procedures and give them the opportunity to try to address his concerns before he involves the BBB.
    Duh!!! All the unanswered emails were included in the complaint (of which a half dozen LS employees get a CC)!!!

Plus, according to his previous response, Linkshare's "standard procedure" means I should get NO response!!!

What a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Affiliate Network Rep
    been gone
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in any response but I have been on the road and away from email for two weeks. Since I have over 400 emails to review can you PM me here and I will get back to you sooner.

Steve

Okay, Steve, what excuse do your support people have for not responding quickly to our requests? Did they go away for two weeks also?

Come On Linkshare!!! Get your act together. And fix your reporting system. I don't have time to wade through screens and screens and still not find what I'm looking for.

[Of note, I finally did get an answer to the the support question (from the Manager of Affliliate Support herself, no less). Maybe they all were gone with Mr. Messer. At least I got a response this time.]
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Come on Ron, give the guy some slack, he is the CEO and without him, we technically wouldnt have anything to ***** about, right?

Absolutely....Let me ask you this

How much revenue do you push through Linkshare for their merchants?

Honestly....10k a month....25k a month.....100k plus a month?

Let me know...as it leads to something else

Diddy

I don't divulge my sales, commissions or web site information publicly so I can't help you with your questions Diddy.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I understand ...... everything is so so so top secret

My whole train of thought was going to what tier of affiliate you are, small, medium, large etc...and how to guage the differences between them to know if I personally or should I say the company I represent has any reason to complain....as I am disapointed in them as well (the company) not the Person...

Diddy

Billy Kay,

LS's attorney mailed you a penny in response to another BBB complaint? What was that all about?

Your points are well taken and I can understand your frustration and ultimate reason for going to the BBB. I recently went to the BBB about a CJ merchant who left and all of my sales back to Jan. 1 were reversed. Just the threat of going to their local BBB, after weeks of not getting anywhere with the mechant's staff by email and phone, was enough to get a quick response back from the president himself and a check is on it's way. It's the constant ignoring of our emails and lack of proper communication from LS that leads us to take such actions as you have.

I congratulate you for your efforts in pushing this all to another level. Sadly, it looks like LS is treating this like everything else lately.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

WOW....this is gonna get jolly rancher intense today....

Gonna call my assistant to get me some

Grrr it is passover....no

Oy vay

Diddy

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    It's the constant ignoring of our emails and lack of proper communication from LS that leads us to take such actions as you have.
    worth repeating - again and again and again

90% off there problems wouldn't be there if they communicated - they choose not to

So... I email
    then I email again

If they don't respond, I forward to BBB in NYC and wait for the spin several months later.

I keep expecting the BBB to say "You've reached you limit of Linkshare complaints for the year", but they don't. And if that's what I have to do to get a response, so be it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast