Now there's not a surprise
    Solestruck's Step Above Sales Contest Winners Are.......

Solestruck would like to announce, Drum roll please!, the winners of our Step Above Sales Contest for the month of March. These affiliates used our eye-catching promotional banners and our text links to take there profits to new heights.

1st Place Winner - edepot.com
    2nd Place Winner - Ebates.com
    3rd Place Winner - ShopAtHomeSelect.com

Internet Cowboy
    LOL
    No surprise @ all there.
    I have never heard of this program. Where is it? Not that I would consider joining.

and who are those masked folk?

Solestruck.com are a shoe merchant I joined ages ago and then found out that they were parasite riddled before I put any links up to them. I received the above email today - they might even chuck me out of the programme now.

So....this means you had to be a parasite in order to compete in the "Step Above Sales Contest"? I wonder if it's possible for parasites to overwrite each others cookies?

Don't mind me, I'm just a noob...
    [LEFT]Scott :tartanber [URL=http://www.scotthamilton.net]My Vanity Page[/URL][/LEFT]

But here is a surprise
    Received today, things are looking up!

Dear Partners,

It has recently come to our attention that we may have inadvertently accepted some parasitic partners into our program. Solestruck is committed to a parasite free program and we take concerns over parasites very seriously.

We are currently working with LinkShare to evaluate these concerns and we will be continuing to update all of you this week and we hope to have this solved by early next week.

We appreciate all of our partners and feel the most important thing we can do is over communicate. We believe in long-term commitments with our partners, because we know we can't be successful if you're not successful.

If you have a specific concern or anything to add please let us know. In addition to LinkShare we will be contacting several other program managers from other LinkShare merchants to get their input.

Again, we appreciate your support during our time of review and we will try to continue to keep you updated on any further developments as they come in. In the mean time we have our partner support line at 800-234-2058 or you can email us at partnersupport@solestruck.com.

If Samantha or I are not available our 24-hour contact center will take a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your support and patience in this matter.

Sincerely,

Shaun Clark
    Solestruck Partnership Management
    partnersupport@solestruck.com
    1-800-234-2058

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Solestruck response to rewarding parasites...
    Received this in my email...

Dear Partners,

It has recently come to our attention that we may have inadvertently accepted some parasitic partners into our program. Solestruck is committed to a parasite free program and we take concerns over parasites very seriously.

We are currently working with LinkShare to evaluate these concerns and we will be continuing to update all of you this week and we hope to have this solved by early next week.

We appreciate all of our partners and feel the most important thing we can do is over communicate. We believe in long-term commitments with our partners, because we know we can't be successful if you're not successful.

If you have a specific concern or anything to add please let us know. In addition to LinkShare we will be contacting several other program managers from other LinkShare merchants to get their input.

Again, we appreciate your support during our time of review and we will try to continue to keep you updated on any further developments as they come in. In the mean time we have our partner support line at 800-234-2058 or you can email us at partnersupport@solestruck.com.

If Samantha or I are not available our 24-hour contact center will take a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your support and patience in this matter.

Sincerely,

Shaun Clark
    Solestruck Partnership Management
    partnersupport@solestruck.com
    1-800-234-2058

---------

Wonder if they are going to redo it and give it to affiliates who really deserve it?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

15 years and counting
    Solestruck is committed to a parasite free program and we take concerns over parasites very seriously.

We are currently working with LinkShare to evaluate these concerns.
    If they rely on LinkShare to be a parasite free program... no wonder why they are rewarding parasites.

Nothing like a good public pillorying to make an AM wake up and see the infection.
    [LEFT]Scott :tartanber [URL=http://www.scotthamilton.net]My Vanity Page[/URL][/LEFT]

Merged the two threads and moved it into Linkshare.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Okay.....Instead of playing along and being a yes man, I am gonna come out and admit that I have no idea what a parasite is.....and have the balls to admit it.

Give me the 411 guys

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey M_Diddy,

A parasite is an affilate that "feeds" off of someone else's traffic. Someone else being:

1. Affiliates
    2. Direct type ins
    3. PPC campaigns

and so on. Some people also put "cookie stuffers" in this category.

You can read a lot about it here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks,

Michael

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    Okay.....Instead of playing along and being a yes man, I am gonna come out and admit that I have no idea what a parasite is.....and have the balls to admit it.

Give me the 411 guys

I sure hope you are a guy then and not a gal.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    yuppers....I pee standing...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy

Give me the 411 guys
    I'd suggest going to www.screensavers.com (new CJ merchant) and install on of those kwell free 3D screensavers. This will give you a mild mannored education into parasites.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread