Buy.com April conversion
    I am getting dismal conversion rates for buy.com this month. Anybody seeing a similar pattern?

Outsourced Program Manager
    I am not an affiliate of theres, but do you think it has anything to do with the yub thing?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I have had nothing there this month. And I did ok for them last month

I've recently been testing a number of spyware apps, and I've found an awfully big parasite app -- not widely discussed here -- that's intensively targeting Buy.com among a handful of others (~20). Silent redirection of type-ins and other affiliates' traffic back through this affiliate's link. Spyware vendor's software gets installed through security holes, as well as numerous misleading bundles, ActiveX popups, and other such methods. This is surely having at least some negative effect on your conversion rates at buy.com (and the other targeted merchants), though it's hard to know how much of your problem to attribute to this specific bad actor.

If anyone has a good relationship with Buy.com's affilaite program manager, perhaps put me in touch. I'd be happy to provide video and packet log proof, as well as examination and analysis of relevant sections of the program's data files. http://www.benedelman.org/mail

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Can we safely assume only the elite tricksters, professional e-mailers & Dupers have a inside track to Buy.com's affiliate manager. BHO's are on auto-approval and need no conversation. A few times when worried someone refuting to be the AM posted here over the years. Guess that AM is employed by Linkshare like most majors.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Hi Bedelman,

I am the marketing manager at Buy.com, you can contact myself or our affiliate team anytime M-F at affiliates@buy.com or call me directly at 949-389-2431! I look forward to hearing what you've learned. Now that we are with Commission Junction starting 6/1, they have a network QA team that I have personally seen in their office where their sole function is to find these type of websites and give them warnings for compliance. If they don't reply or comply, they get terminated from the network. This is one of the many reasons we value our new partnership with CJ.

Thanks for your feedback,

Melissa

Melissa D. Salas | Marketing Manager
    85 Enterprise Ste 100 |Aliso Viejo | Ca. | 92656
    P/F: 949-389-2431 E: affiliates@buy.com
    www.buy.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread