Question Reverse Affiliate Software?
    I am looking for the following software.
    Scenario - I will have a web portal with many items from various merchants. When someone clicks on any of the items they are directed to the merchants web site where the sale is closed. I will be charging the merchants only for any sales that my web portal leads to them and I need a software system that will track the sale from my portal through to the closing of the sale.
    I don't want to use a third party like commission junction for this as I want to retain control over the process.
    Does anyone know of any software like this?

I don't think it's possible to do what you ask.

Once a customer leaves your site and is on another's,
    and then they decide to make a purchase...

How will you know it? The order will go to the merchant's
    secure server. There can be no knowledge by you,
    because it's a *secure* server.

Only the merchant, having received an order, can
    inform you via the software they use to report
    sales to affiliates.

So...no... I don't think it can be done.

Wesley

But I stand corrected!

In another thread ecomcity posted a link to a concept they have that sounds like what you're asking for.
    http://www.ecomcity.com/safehaven-network.htm

Lightbulb
    Thanks for the info. I read the article, but I didn't get the sense that it actually exists and seems kind of different than my goals. However, I emailed Mike about it and hope to hear his opinion. Alot of people just say it can't be done, but I'm still researching the best way. If I come up with a viable solution I will post it. In the meantime, if there are any more ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Anything can be done with the right amount of money ...
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Merging the working Safe Haven multi-merchant/single checkout ecatalog/cart concept, with a tracking solution that does radar all clickstream data from click to sale from normal HTML linking is possible. The how-to info sure can't be shared with the general affiliate public. Rest assured their will be no redirecting or product checkout to a merchants outside web site as that would open it up to merchant diversion and non-reporting issues.

Your senerio is full of security holes as no merchant should allow a feed affiliate access to their secure order admin area to verify orders. You may use the single license Miva Mall package to populate products from multiple merchants and custom HTML script code the "add to cart button" link to pass through the product sale info with your affiliate code attached to the merchants outside cart one product at a time. LOL...no consolidated checkouts so it's a cluge. Then have each merchant embed a parsing tracking code into their checkout page. Many Phishing sites do just populate the ecatalog and steal/sell off the CC info without attempting to deliver the product.

The Safe Haven model is just that...a safe haven for merchants, affiliates and especially customers... all devised in one secure environment. Sure be nice to be able to finalize a SHN investor/management team to put the final pieces together, including a kick ass twist on sales reporting for the merchant that includes fraud prevention and click to sale datamining.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread