Internet Cowboy
    Doubleclick being sold, then parted out piece by piece
    The last two or three paragraphs are very interesting.
    The full story

I would guess that Valueclick or Experian would be interested in acquiring Performics at some point.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Valueclick has to figure out what to do with BeFree now it's a totally dead dog for domain bound affiliates. Look for a BHO to buy Performics using some shell company.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I heard a rumor a few months ago that VC was gonna buy Performics.. we shall see.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Recieved this from Performics today....

Dear Valued Partner,

As you may be aware, several months ago Performics' parent company, DoubleClick, began exploring strategic options to maximize shareholder value. Today we are pleased to announce that the Company has entered into a definitive agreement in which Hellman & Friedman LLC will acquire DoubleClick in an all cash merger. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter.

Based in San Francisco, Hellman & Friedman is a leading private equity firm that has raised and managed over $8 billion and invested in approximately 50 companies during its 20+ year history. Hellman & Friedman shares DoubleClick's vision and understands our industry. Hellman & Friedman has a significant focus on the marketing services and software industries, and has previously invested in companies such as Digitas, Inc. (DTAS), and Young & Rubicam.

The new ownership structure will be a very positive development for partners and employees. In essence, the new structure will separate DoubleClick into two units, online marketing and catalog data. Performics is a part of the online marketing unit. Hellman & Friedman appreciates the potential of our industry and is committed to ensuring that each business unit has the necessary tools and resources to be successful.

It has been an exciting year. Everyone at Performics appreciates your continued support during our recent corporate transitions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Performics representative.

Sincerely,

Stuart Frankel
    Sr. Vice President, DoubleClick and
    General Manager, Performics
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Look for a BHO to buy Performics using some shell company.
    I think something like this has to happen pretty soon.

If not it's performics I suspect one of the major parasites will be aquiring some Network to help them peddle their filth to unsuspecting joe public.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You can bet some Adwhores are donning life jackets and practicing seductive smiles.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread