Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry BabyUniverse.com (BF) not tracking sales for months?
    {Firstly, I apologize if we're not discussing Befree merchants here? I couldn't figure out what would be a more appropriate place for this...}

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with these guys. Not only has BabyUniverse not tracked any of my sales for three months now, but I sent them a list of 8 sales *I PERSONALLY* made, and know for a fact the cookies were set correctly on. I've also received word from a number of friends who've used Ebates and Fatwallet (okay, some friends!) and Ebates and Fatwallet aren't paying out on BabyUniverse sales because BabyUniverse hasn't been tracking/paying their sales, either. I've emailed BabyUniverse a list of the transactions and they've since stopped emailing me back. I've also emailed Befree to complain, without reply. Where next? I'm owed well over $100 for my own transactions alone, but really it's the principle here that they could continue ripping people off for three months and it still be under radar.

Firstly, is anyone else having problems with this merchant? Also--where do I go with this next? Clearly they've gotten really shady, although I hadn't had any problems (that I know of) with them until this year.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've gotta say, if I had even ONE sale that I made myself, and it didn't track, and on top of that they didn't issue that money--pronto--those links would have been SOOOO GONE that the crook wouldn't know what hit it!

You can try a lawyer... There's also a member of ABW who used to have good luck by writing "sucks" sites. In order to make the "sucks" site disappear, the merchant had to pay up!

One thing this does is confirm my suspicion that some merchants don't care about the cost of parasites because they have no intention of paying anyone...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just a pathetic lack of ethics, honesty and morals. Someone put a fork in Befree as they're done ...kaput and no longer on life support. Only thing it offers is a private labeled affiliate tracking platform for parasitic companies. I expend no effort for ever reviving any BF merchant from the dead like I did for TigerDirect.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Unhappy
    Of course this thread caught my attention as I just put a bunch BU links on my site. Hmmm...just when I thought I found a merchant that provided the types of links I wanted and a large selection! Arghhhhh!

I e-mailed them the other day about a link question and no word.

Someone put a fork in Befree as they're done
    Is there a lot of trouble with Befree? I only see complaints about LS and CJ.

Mel

haha! They just emailed me explaining why cookies don't get set and how to set cookies. I've been doing this for almost four years...thanks, guys. No offer to add my sales manually, no concern that anything was wrong on their end despite this being a problem with other affiliates... The last sale I actually went so far as to open up a browser I never use to make the purchase, on a freshly installed machine. It still didn't track.

Nothing like a genuine lack of concern to make it clear that a company isn't worth promoting.

They just emailed me explaining why cookies don't get set and how to set cookies
    Can you explain it to me or share the e-mail? LOL...i'm serious!

I received my e-mail concering a different subject matter yesterday.

Oh yeah there's nothing super identifying in it..It's an attempt at Cookies 101.

> Dear Affiliate,
    >
    > We escalated this to our technical team and they advised that no user
    > identification was captured on these transactions. Note that if
    > cookiesare disabled or if there is a security setting or software
    > installedthat blocks third-party cookies, transactions placed
    > through your
    > affiliate links will not be tracked. Please be sure that cookies are
    > enabled, that browser security settings are correct and remove any
    > blocking software before completing any transaction.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Baby Universe Affiliate Team

LOL

Have you decided to ditch them? Has anyone else made a test purchase? I will check it out myself and let you know how it goes.

Mel

Using this kind of excuse gives them carte-blanche to refuse to pay on any sales that are made full stop. LOL Do yourself a favor and kick em into touch.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Lately I have been hearing a lot of BS from certain merchants, but this is one of the worst.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    wow

The powers that be... are forcing a migration of the larger merchants
    from befree to CJ... pretty soon there won’t be a single merchant left
    at BF worth using… that’ll put them right down there with perfomics…

Bet‘cha a buck and a quarter that we’ll soon see a special news release...

“Douche Bag Enterprises is pleased to announce that they have agreed
    to a deal whereby they will acquire the befree network to enhance their
    presence in the ever growing affiliate industry…” yada… yada… yada…
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

ABW Ambassador
    I went to check my BF baby merchants, BabyAge, Babycenter, BabyUniverse and BabyUniverse is doing the best for me. Only 650 clicks for the year and made $210. Also was checking Fatwallet and they are still pushing BabyUniverse for some reason but i noticed they don't have BabyCenter up. But i will do a test purchase anyway to check them out for myself, their AM's seem kinda clueless.

>>>pretty soon there won’t be a single merchant left
    at BF worth using… that’ll put them right down there with perfomics… <<<

oh, I can think of several networks that are worse than performics . . .
    for lack of merchant quality.

Exclamation
    I spent a considerable amount of time and effort after the .com bomb implosion showing how Befree could be a trusted network IF the merchant/AM took complete responsibility to verify all link and sales tracking was working properly on a weekly basis by test purchasing. I took one merchant, who by their own private ommission said tracking was sporatic, payments late, test purchasing a real hit and miss situation depending upon creative types, causing existing affiliate to exit the program. BeFree's Scott J. assisted the honest motivated AM Andy Rodreguez on finding and fixing all the sales tracking holes between the TigerDirect site and BF's reporting system.

This was the first real merchant test to come to ABW and give us all daily updates and better creative landing pages making every click count for all domain affiliates using network generated creatives. The rest was history as an Honest AM in the cut throat computer products marketplace buried all his higher profile competitors with a high earning pool of value-added reseller affiliates. He accepted the merchant's responsibility to close the targeted traffic sent from his affiliates by even reporting TD's networkwide conversion ratios and PAYING ontime -everytime. BeFree secretly was elated as they earned back the trusted network status because of Andy and ABW.

When TD's management seeking ways to decrease their commission exposure to the high conversion ratio of the value-add base of affiliate conflicted with Andy's long term steady growth plans, by sneaking diversion, cookie dilution and data mining reporting link destructive forces into the mix, he quit. Without this anchor the BF boat drifted in the stormy sea enraged by cross currents of BHO's, cookie stuffers, e-mail spammers meeting head on with devious merchants seeking free quality traffic. Problem was the only way the BF merchants could keep a respectable affiliate expense ROI in this senerio was to dip into the only vulnerable affiliate enity available. The honest affiliate directing traffic with network generated links from their own value-add pages became the scapegoat, as the sleezebag affiliates were not to be controlled due to the networks cut on double-dipping and non-physical click cookie setting tricksters.

Sad but there is no BF merchant any longer willing to take up TD's sword to pressure for meaningful changes protecting domain bound affiliates in the "me too network" called BeFree. Earning potentials by honest affiliate promotional efforts will never grow in today's Befree management mindset. Therefore their viable reporting, creative link feed platform, will be used for nefarious gorrilla marketing enities hell bent on cookieing every way into a BF merchant's website....and those victim merchants defensive reactions.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Baby Universe was a huge earner for me. Now I get pennies every few weeks. Damn!

AFter reading this I am takking down Baby Universe, and others. Are there any merchnats still paying at Befree?!

Good question. I replaced almost all TigerDirect links with Computer Geeks product, category text, DRMs and custom made and standard banners when TD booted me Jan 11th. 2005

Same traffic levels and same page views on my computer, electronics and digital camera pages. The Geeks some how have cookie setting and click totalling problems...

Transaction Summary by Merchant Report Description Export Report Data PDF | CSV | XML

Date Range(USD) Merchant Name Impressions Click- throughs Items Ordered Ordered Sales Items Shipped Shipped Sales Generated Leads Paid Clicks Returns & Cancellations Base Commissions
    01/01/2005- 05/19/2005 Computer Geeks 478,534 clicks=5,693 0 $0.00 sales=14 $2,288.13 0 0 0 commission=$68.64

Tiger direct stats for same period 2004....

Transaction Summary by Merchant Report Description Export Report Data PDF | CSV | XML

Date Range(USD) Merchant Name Impressions Click- throughs Items Ordered Ordered Sales Items Shipped Shipped Sales Generated Leads Paid Clicks Returns & Cancellations Base Commissions
    01/01/2004- 05/19/2004 TigerDirect.com 918,313 clicks=12,114 279 $34,486.98 sales=279 $34,486.98 0 0 returns=5 commission=$882.84

Amazing on some old obsolete TD links buried on my pages somewhere...

01/01/2005- 05/19/2005 TigerDirect.com 141,760 clicks=2,405 sales=24 $3,308.76 24 $3,308.76 0 0 2 $55.98

I'm no longer on TD's Hitbox radar and the few clicks turned in almost the same commissions I earned from The Geeks....go figure.

Baby Univ some more
    for this month i show 16,783 impressions for baby u and 1,248 clicks and 3 items ordered. how do these numbers compute, can u please tell me?

That's a 1/419 conversion ratio. The merchant in baby items can't survive on that ratio. Their Adwords keyword campaigns alone would cost them 80.00+ to get that one sale.

For Baby U I have:
    Imp 3,509 Clicks 311 Sales 0

Mel

how Do I Set Cookies?
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckEE
    Note that if
    > cookies are disabled or if there is a security setting or software
    > installedthat blocks third-party cookies, transactions placed
    > through your
    > affiliate links will not be tracked. Please be sure that cookies are
    > enabled, that browser security settings are correct and remove any
    > blocking software before completing any transaction.
    Do I have to set it at "accept all cookies" in order for purchases to be tracked?

Thanks

Nature

Please Answer!!
    Thanks!

Nature-
    They are talking about the purchaser. I use IE...so i have to make sure my cookies are enabled etc. before I make a test purchase. Tools-Internet Options- There are a few options in there regarding Privacy and Security.
    mel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast