Advertising Budget
    I am planning on advertising Ebay on the Major PPC engines. I am targetting the registrations.

Do you think spending $7 dollars to get $20 dollars is justified? or it is way too much advertising. This is just an assumption that I will get an active registration by spending $7.

Thank you for your opinions.

I'll take it!! That means if you spend $700 you'll earned $2,000. Sounds like a great return in my opinion.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Where can you invest $7 and get $20 back legally?

Think about it!

m_diddy
    Hi,

So you're saying it is not feasible to get $20 by spending $7?

What do you think is a better option.

1. Make a google adwords campaign that links directly to Ebay landing pages
    or

2. Make a google adwords campaign that point to my website and just put
    Ebay editor kits/links on my website.

Same amount of advertising dollars.

Which is better?

Thank you.

You're smoking crack if you think every $7 click you pay for will result in a registration. If you figure out how to make that happen, please let all of us know...

Why not just make the $20

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    You're smoking crack if you think every $7 click you pay for will result in a registration. If you figure out how to make that happen, please let all of us know...
    I don't think that was the point of the discussion. Somebody can spend $7 on 100 clicks if the bidding is done right. If just one or two of those people register, it would be more than worth it.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

this is basic ppc stuff... like Snib said, spend $7 on 100 clicks, and depending on how targetted they are, you can possibly convert 10% of them and make $100.

mdaisy: spending a total of $7 (in clicks or whatever) which results in $20 earnings is very good. You've almost trippled your money. In my books that's good return on investment (ROI).

As for your 2 questions about 'which is better':

This you'll have to figure out for yourself, see what you're better at. Some people make loads of money through PPC that sends users directly to the merchant and some make loads of money by making their own website and then sending visitors.

mdaisy...you are talking a near 3:1 ROI that is fine. Think of it as a "money machine" - every time you feed it a dollar you get three back. By spending more, you may even achieve an even better ROI. But, as many here can tell you, spending more doesn't guarantee that ROI holds forever, at some point it will diminish.
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm assuming you've found a merchant who can guarantee your 100 clicks for $7 will turn into 20.00 in commissions. Please let me know the merchant and I'll take that guaranteed cash flow.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    The trick w/ eBay is getting the registrations to stick... If you find a way around the reversals, you're ahead of everyone else
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Are you really asking a 185.71% return on PPC advertising is good?

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile
    The trick w/ eBay is getting the registrations to stick... If you find a way around the reversals, you're ahead of everyone else
    That is what I was going to say. Make sure you budget for reversals. Reversals seem to be abundant with eBay. I do not promote them but have seen many people here complaining about reversals with them.

Are you talking about promoting eBay itself or items that are sold on eBay?

(1) If you are talking about promoting eBay through PPC, be careful. There are several threads on eBay's affiliate forum at their site where people have been kicked out of the eBay affiliate program for using "eBay" in their PPC advertising.

(2) If you are talking about promoting specific items sold at eBay, I doubt it is worth it. I promote my own individual pages through PPC for specific products that land the person on that product page at my site with the eBay Editor Kit listings. However, there are other items on the pages besides the eBay listings. I've been doing this for about two months, and haven't seen any significant increase is registrations, so you may end up spending $7 for a few ten cent bids/BINs.

Taking the original question at face value, assuming you can get a $20 commission for every $7 you spend then yes that is a good deal. Just look at it in the context of a house. If you bought your house for $70,000 and were able to sell it for $200,000 you would be happy right. ( by the way, that is very possible these days in Orlando )

Now the question for you to answer is: Can you get a $20 commission every time you spend $7 with eBay as your merchant of choice?

I think that the other answers above say that might not be the case, but if everybody always listened to others and did exactly what they said, we would still be riding around on horses and lighting our houses with candles. So take their input under advisement and give it a go yourself. You might have the knack that nobody else came up with.

Chris
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

Number of Clicks
    To all,

In your situation how many clicks on average you got before you had an ACRU? In your sites or PPC campaigns how many clicks on your ebay links you get every day?

Thank you for all the inputs.

For me, I've averaged about 19 bids and 1 active new registration for every 250 clicks.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread