Need legal help
    I bought a domain and have ALL the notorized paper work but for some reason I have never been able to get Network Solutions to give me the domain even though I have paid the registration fees and no one else is even making claim to the domain.

Problem is the original owner has disappeared and I do not have his password.

Talking to Internet Solutions is the bigest excercize in futility in the world.

The site is down because the old host no longer wants to do it and without the cooperation of Network Solutions, I can't put it up on a new host.

All the lawyers around here don't want to know nothin' 'bout no internet!

I think a simple letter from a lawyer should help resolve the issue. If anyone else has any ideas, please help!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Did you go to Network Solutions (Net Sol) and see if you are actually the domain owner? (you can go to WHO IS at the top of the page) see if you are the owner, or someone else. And the hosting company.. You might be better off following the domain host rather than Net Sol.

They (the previous host) may be able to work with your hosting co. and get it moved.

I can check with a web host I use, see if he has any recommendations.

Cheers
    Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Network Solutions Domain Name Dispute Policy

http://www.networksolutions.com/en_U...e-policy.jhtml

Thank you for the information but I still need a lawyer. This is one too many for me. Do you know one?

They have someone else listed as the owner but I have all the paper work to prove I am the actual owner. And, no one else is even claiming to be the owner but they won't change it so I can't even change hosts because I do not have the past owner's password and he has disappeared from the face of the earth.

I have submitted the paperwork to Network Solutions several times but they ignore it or brush it off. It is all notorized and everything.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    If it's the previous owner's responsibility to transfer ownership, then your beef would be w/ the previous owner, correct? It may be covered in Network Solutions terms of service, so regardless of what your paperwork says, they may not have to do squat until the former owner steps up. How well did you know the person you bought it from? Sounds fishy to me....
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Did you check to see if the absent previous owner happened to leave the domain unlocked?

Leaving the domain name unlocked wont do much help if you don't have the admin email in your name. Netsol is one of the worst about hijacked domain names and straight out stolen domain names. Remember the sex.com? Netsol was the reason why, you can pretty much call up and request the user name and password etc.. and they will hand it over to you.

I would recommend legal advice from a "Domain Lawyer" yes you can get any lawyer to look at it, but if they dont' have a clue how the system works they wont understand and you are just wasting your money. We own over 2k domain names and never had any issues but I know a fwe that have.

The lawyers name is John Berryhill from PA he has won some top notch cases at WIPO etc..

I would say this is his email address john@johnberryhill.com

But if you make your way over to domainstate.com and search for jberryhill you will not be suprised, also you might get a better response over there on what else you can do.

Best of luck on getting your names back if you need anything from me please let me know via pm

Regards

Internet Cowboy
    Whatever happened to the days when you faxed them a letter stating you were the rightful owner, maybe on lettehead, and this was done. I have been in your same predicament Ssanf, but it was years back and was easily resolved.
    Good luck.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    They thankfully stopped that once sex.com was stolen.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread