Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    Two minutes from the beach...
    Are 120-Day Cookies Adequate?
    As a merchant, one of the frustrations of using CJ is that we can't set cookies beyond 120 days. I know that 95% of transactions are supposed to occur well within that period, but what about the other 5%?

Does it bother you that you missing out on 5% of your income? It bothers me. I think we should be able to offer lifetime commissions, and I can't see any logical reason for a 120-day maximum.
    Rob Palmer

Now going crazy on affiliate makes over $3000.00 per day. Taking the CB Marketplace by storm. <a href="" target="_blank" title="Going Crazy on Clickbank">Click here to get your share of the huge profits...</a>

New York, NY

FYI, for accuracy's sake...I believe the figure to be more like 98% of affiliate-referred transactions occur within 72 hours, and then within a week another 2%.

But those are network averages, and programs will vary. If you were selling a high-consideration item, then naturally you would expect that cycle to extend and you ought to include your partners in that consideration-purchase time-frame.

No need to guess, I would suggest checking out your site reporting package for the exact numbers and then base your program's cookie on that. For my situation, we use Omniture and I can see that for all my stores, 99%+ of transactions take place within a week of first visit.

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread