So when are we getting paid this month?
    I've been noticting that the march earnings were not even calculated, at least not when I log in? Is there somewhere else I need to be looking for this info now or is the user interface broke again?

dak

Thumbs down
    I'd love to know the answer to this as well. Apparently the Affiliate Payment Report is no longer going to be active. They're replacing it with their clunky SynergyAnalytics software. Here's a response I received from LinkShare:

We apologize for the delay in answering your inquiry.

As part of the new payment system project, March and future Payment Reports have been taken down. Affiliates will be able to obtain comparable reports going forward, via a report to be provided by Linkshare Synergy Analytics reporting. You should receive information on this shortly.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well it sure would be nice if some key LS merchnat's like Overstock would verify they've paid in on their voucher and a estimate on the check cutting dates. The 1st consolidated payment silence sure is deafening. So are the merchant's in the dark too??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Who on earth does a system cutover where they basically go offline on critical functions for a whole month (or more?)?

Sigh. :-(
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I spoke to one of my top LS merchants last week and they had no idea what was going on (and were frustrated because they could not log on and check there own stats).

The problem with LS is they don't even communicate properly with their merchants. It's no wonder so many of them are saying they want to leave (but sadly they don't want to upset their affiliates by changing links, feeds, etc.)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

(but sadly they don't want to upset their affiliates by changing links, feeds, etc.)
    upset me it beats
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

It gets old. And I have this bad check from them, that I have to try and get replaced. Part of the problem, is that they don't treat affiliates like they are businesses.

I'll also be the 373rd person this week to say they really need to communicate better with their affiliates and merchants.

Fred

Starting with March, they are no longer posting the Payments in the "Payment Report" section of LS. To find out what they've collected so that you can be paid, you have to use the SynergyAnalytics BETA link in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. This report seems to tell the story:

(1) Click on NETWORK TRANSACTION ANALYSIS tab
    (2) Select PARTNER PAYMENT DISTRIBUTION
    (3) Select BEGIN DATE (I always select 1/1/2005)
    (4) Select END DATE (3/31/2005)

You should see three columns. One for Jan-05, Feb-05 and Mar-05.

My report for March is discouraging. So far they've collected $2.96 from an older merchant I'm not promoting any more. None of the larger commissions I earned in March seem to have been paid by the merchant yet.

I'm just guessing, but I think this is where we can find out what's been collected. I'm assuming we don't get paid until they get paid, as always.

when I do that. It just gives me the option for 2004 not 2005

Tracy,
    thanks for the info but you are assuming everyone can log in to their blasted synergyanalytics system.
    and no, they ARE NOT ANSWERING SUPPORT QUESTIONS FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T!!!
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

15 years and counting
    Thanks Tracy. It's a full day job to check everything.
    Fancy stuff with Commission Rank but I'm still obliged to add up everything myself, there's no total and no date for payment sent.

Tracy wrote:
    what they've collected so that you can be paid, you have to use the SynergyAnalytics BETA link in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. This report seems to tell the story:

(1) Click on NETWORK TRANSACTION ANALYSIS tab
    (2) Select PARTNER PAYMENT DISTRIBUTION
    (3) Select BEGIN DATE (I always select 1/1/2005)
    (4) Select END DATE (3/31/2005)
    In my case, the latest END DATE that I can choose is 2/28/2005...I can't choose March 2005.

marcelle

definitely not ready for Prime Time

Same for me, which is why I contacted LS support. I cannot check anything after 2/28/05.

So, we are all left to guess what our checks should be and hope they were sent out, right?

It just amazes me when a big company like this takes one step forward, then four steps back. Mr. Messer better stop going out of town and pay more attention to what is going on (like little or no support, little or no reports) and to the folks that are helping him earn the money to take those trips. It's not just the merchants, Mr. Messer, it's all of us affiliates that make the formula complete and functional!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I can't even log in to this clunky new software. I get an invalid login and password error every time. Time to send another support email. They're obviously ignoring this problem in their sticky thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=430114

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

So when are we getting paid this month?

People please, remember that we're still on Passover week, so don't expect to get pay until next Monday. (May 1st.) or wait a minute...... May 1st. is another holiday day, so for sure you all will get pay by next Tuesday.

Count on it!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by buy_online
    It gets old. And I have this bad check from them, that I have to try and get replaced. Part of the problem, is that they don't treat affiliates like they are businesses.

I'll also be the 373rd person this week to say they really need to communicate better with their affiliates and merchants.

Fred
    I believe they posted the email addy contact at linkshare.com for situations like that.

Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I believe they posted the email addy contact at linkshare.com for situations like that.
    They did, but it isn't going to be easy. I won't get back the bank fees. In an after-the-fact email, the merchant basically insulted their affiliates, inferring that affiliates that cashed the checkes were not honest.

If someone gives you a check that is returned by your bank for either insufficient funds, or stop payment, is that simply not a big deal anymore? If it isn't a big deal anymore, then I'll stop whining and go write some bad checks myself.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I can't even log in to this clunky new software. I get an invalid login and password error every time. Time to send another support email. They're obviously ignoring this problem in their sticky thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=430114

- Scott
    I'm having the same blasted problem. "Live Chat" said they would let tech know and email me soon. That was days ago. At the same time they said we would have information within a few days about aggregating accounts. LS should maybe define the words, "soon" and "few" for us.

Merchant Payment History missing too.
    Hello,

In order of priority I am finding the following problems with linkshare this month to trouble me the most:

1) Not getting paid.
    2) Not knowing when I am getting paid.
    3) Not know if the merchants have paid linkshare.

From an affiliates perspective thier is very little that linkshare offers that others don't seem to do better. One thing I did really like though was being able to see the payment history of vendors that I don't use but might consider using in the future. Being able to see , the merchants payment history helped me avoid merchants who have a history of not being timely. To the best of my knowledge this won't information won't be available in the new synergyanalytics system. Bummer.

Regards,

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    I am sick of Matzah....I want Cash

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread