15 years and counting
    Airbus A380 first flight
    European aircraft maker Airbus's A380, the world's largest passenger plane, has taken off on its maiden flight. Just on time 10:30 AM in Toulouse, France.

2 pilots and 4 engineers on board all wearing s. I will pass thank you. They still cant figure out how an airbus 300 broke apart in mid air and set my neighborhood on fire.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

all wearing s
    I saw it on the news today, but I wonder how they would be able to use those s in case of an emergency.

With the weight of that animal alone and with no EJECT exit, how can those six people jump out of the airliner in time?

And they say that the Airbus A380 can carry 800 plus passengers?

I think I rather take the boat for now.

15 years and counting
    nyfalcon - They still cant figure out how an airbus 300 broke apart
    Are you sure?
    "WASHINGTON - A pilot's side-to-side maneuvering of American Airlines Flight 587 was "unnecessary and excessive" and tore the jet apart in midair before it slammed into a neighborhood in Queens, N.Y., in 2001, the National Transportation Safety Board concluded. NTSB blames pilot error for Flight 587 crash. Flight 587's co-pilot, Sten Molin, used the rudder in an overly aggressive manner as he reacted to turbulence from the wake of a larger jet that had taken off earlier. Investigators concluded that Molin was predisposed to act aggressively in such situations."

Wearing s for a first test flight is a FAA standard procedure. You have to wear them even at Boeing or Lockheed.
    MrSal - How they would be able to use those s in case of an emergency.
    There's an escape door under the cockpit like for most commercial airliners.

Internet Cowboy
    As cool as this Airbus 380 might be, it will require a rebuild of 90% of the airports wordwide to accomodate the 700+ foot wingspan. I don't think it will catch on and become the standard for this reason. It might become popular for international flights but will still require a huge amount of work at most airports.
    Boeing is working on a new plane to compete with it that will fit in existing airports. I'd put my money on Boeing in this one.

15 years and counting
    Time will tell.

they may know what caused the crash in queens but AIRBUS refuses to accept that conclusion.

The NTSB is full of it and wont say who is to blame. The NTSB did not talk to over 300 witnesses that saw the plane break apart. There is even a full video that they wont release on the matter. (taken from the Marine parkway bridge toll) There have been 3 incidents since this happened are all the pilots being agressive I think not.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread