An entrepreneur in the making...
    I homeschool my kids and lots of times when we are in the classroom I work on my laptop while my kids do their schoolwork.

My 11 year old son has just started getting interested in what I do and one day he asked how much I made. His eyes just about bugged out that *Mom* could make that much money typing into that laptop a couple of hours a day.

So he decided that he wants to build websites. Ahh...my little prodigy. So I installed FrontPage on his computer, showed him how to use it and he is building his first affiliate site. He is building a site on American Wars *shudder* because that is what he is interested in. I told him that when he has 10 solid pages written I will buy him a wireless card and hook his computer into the network. He is plugging away.

I thought I'd add adsense to his pages - any other ideas of what he can add to complement that? I didn't want to discourage him - he loves military stuff - but I have no idea what affiliate programs he could use. (Does anyone really visit 11 year old's sites anyway??)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Cool
    the affiliate accounts must be in your name (or an adult's) so you may want to add SID tracking to the links where it is available.

by the way, amazon.com is loaded with books on military history.

[size=2]Amanda Moralis
    The Eastwood Company
    [email="affiliates@eastwood.com"]affiliates AT eastwood.com[/email]
    [url="http://www.eastwood.com/jump.jsp?itemID=34&itemType=CONTENT"]Sign-up Link[/url]
    [/size]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Maybe he can trade links with my 13 year old's, when he finishes his up....

I belive FunToCollect has some Vanmark soldiers. They're like mini statues commemorating wars. Only reason I thought of it is because I sold one back during the holiday season.

Best of luck to your son!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

lurk
    If only I started affiliate marketing when I was 11... I would have had enough time to be ready for the internet boom, got rich, then go bankrupt hehe.

I recall when I first got into the internet I was looking at CMP advertisers that were paying 2 cents per impression... geez. By the time my website had a nice flow of traffic (about 8 months later) I calculated what I would make and like it so I went back and it was down to about .002 cents per impression.

I was pist. hah.

Best of luck to your son!

check out Mcfarlane's soldiers:

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=294

If only the internet was around when I was 11. Life would have been much different

Use Amazon for war movies and books
    Lots of Wartime posters and War movie posters out there
    Fun to Collect's Vanmark series has a lot of nice things
    Maybe look for model war planes and battleships
    War games at Amazon

Look for military caps, rings, badges, etc...

I always wanted my boys to do something but they weren't interested. lol, but I am teaching my future daughter-in-law.

I can give him a link if he needs it from a related content site - PM me if interested. There are also lots of places that will link to this kind of site - military, battle, unit and patriotic related - just Google the keywords.

Tell him I said good luck!!

Ebudae

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    (Does anyone really visit 11 year old's sites anyway??)
    How would anyone know if they had or not? Most people don't put their age on their sites. Either a site is good (or at least SEO'd right) or it isn't...

BTW Military history is a BIG deal. The US Civil War alone is an industry! Try to find a Civil War sword place and one for uniforms (try for replicas so he can hit all the non-rich people); there's a lot of people into doing C.W. battle re-enactments and fairs. WWII is another war with lots of history buffs attached. For some odd reason WW One seems to have been pretty much skipped in the war commercialization zone.

Tell him not to forget to glom onto the Iraq war. All those military vehicles and associated hardware should be available as models! And of course there's the uniform replicas and modern military action figures. Capitalize, capitalize, capitalize! Without being "insensitive" of course. Also stay away from any doom 'n gloom stuff or newsfeeds. Don't remind the viewers of the grisly realities--let the military buffs go ahead and dream of glorious, clean, game-like victories and feed their habit with STUFF

The only problem I can see with American wars, specifically, is that it leaves out so many other ones!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

What an awesome idea. It's good to encourage him, and would be sweet if he earns a couple of bucks on the side too.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Wow - thanks for the ideas. I need to get out of my box more often - there's a whole world out here!

How would anyone know if they had or not? Most people don't put their age on their sites. Either a site is good (or at least SEO'd right) or it isn't...
    Well...I am pretty amazed by what he knows - he certainly has an interest in this and it shows in his writing, but he still writes like an 11 year old! I'll need to fine tune it a bit but I want it to be his baby. He is cranking out some good pages though.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    "My 11 year old son"

"So he decided that he wants to build websites. Ahh...my little prodigy. So I installed FrontPage on his computer, showed him how to use it and he is building his first affiliate site. "

That's great. See people don't believe me when i say i'm 11. They don't think we have the skills. It's 2005, kids can do anything nowadays.

Affiliate Marketing is so simple. You can make 30k your first month in business if you put your mind to it. Run several campains thru Google Adwords and your there. You'll be home with your kids for ever. I know I am.

There are tons of good choices: Military books, military magazines, patriotic posters, movies (Band of Brothers comes to mind), etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I think there is a millitary surplus store on CJ too .. dunno if it's still up...
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateBuddha
    I think there is a millitary surplus store on CJ too .. dunno if it's still up...
    cheaperthandirt is one on CJ, but they carry guns/ammo as well as the good camping/survival stuff which may be beyond what is wanted.

I've had them on my sites for a while, but don't think they've converted for me yet.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Same here!!

Jesse's 11 too.

And his $5 weekly allowance doesn't seem to cover his Pokeman needs!

He can't shovel snow like I did as a kid - no snow here.

He can't mow lawns like I did as a kid - no grass here.

He can't deliver newspapers with his bike like I did - seems to require a pickup truck and driver's license nowdays!

So - as of last Thursday he has a site.

I made the 1st 10 pages - then basically said "Change every mention on this page of Ford to BMW. Then save it as BMW.htm. Then change every mention of BMW to Lexus, and save it as Lexus.htm. Etc."

If it makes him any money, I'll (proudly) post the url.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread