Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Thumbs up Affiliate Manager Certification Class I - Miami July 29, 2005 Sold Out
    Hello team,

We are conducting a weekend Affiliate Manager trainning class in Miami on the weekend of July 29 - July 31.

If you are:
    • An active Affiliate Manager currently in the industry
    • A merchant that wants to know more about affiliate programs
    • A merchant that wants to improve and grow their current program
    • An affiliate that wants to get into Affiliate Management
    Then you need to make plans to be in Miami for the first ARC Affiliate Manager Training Seminar on July 29th.

More details to follow soon, we are working with the hotel and workng on numbers but the dates are firm. If you are interested in attending or need more info, send an email to: am101@andyrodriguez.com

There will be 25 seats available, first come first served. There will be nothing held back, we will discuss the good, the bad and the ugly of affiliate marketing. You will leave Miami with a thourough knowledge and understanding on how to develop, grow and manage a successful affiliate program based on trust, truth and respect for your affiliate partners.

More details soon....
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; May 24th, 2005 at 03:32 PM.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Andy:

What an exciting, progressive step!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyburbs
    Andy:

What an exciting, progressive step!
    Karl,

Been thinking about this one for a while. We don't want to run anymore programs than we are staffed for and definitely don't want to expand the "work" week....

That last merchant that "overwrote' their affiliate's cookies with their own house cookie while "testing" the software really pushed me into finally doing this.

We need a class to set the standard. The right, honest and ethical way to run a program. Not knowing what a cookie overwrite will do is no excuse and no AM should be running any program that doesn't have a clear understanding of the basic procedures, testing and program functions.

We will be covering everything from the day to day report monitoring to the effects of cookies and "technology partners" have on a program.

Anyone that gets certified will have a firm grasp of how to effectively run an affiliate program. Let's bring up the bar and make sure everyone has the basic understanding. One can run an ethical, honest program while honoring the trust and relationships with the affiliate partners.

We are hoping to turn out 25 AM's that can be trusted, have a complete understanding of the industry and can make their programs rock....

This will benefit the industry as a whole as well...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Your certainly qualified to point out the good-bad & ugly practices of running a clean affiliate ship. Nice to see someone willing to take the Adwhore interns off the street corners and teach them a long term trade.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Andy,

Good idea! This is a benefit the industry and those that can attend will appreciate for sure, specially certified by you.

Any seats left?...sign me up!

You know Ill be there for sure, and to help you with setting up, etc.

Jorge

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Can affiliates come to tell their side of the story?

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Speaking of affiliates since all of you are managers?

How can you tell how you are doing in the big picture?

Diddy

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    Can affiliates come to tell their side of the story?
    The affiliate story is one that I know very well. Second month at TD I became an affiliate so as to walk the talk and to learn how to turn that program around. I was hearing all types of issues and challenges that frankly I didn't understand. On the advice of a few good people, I became an affiliate so that I could get a good feel and experience the sort of issues many of my current partners were feeling at the time. That was the best thing I ever did for TD at the time. It allowed me to get an understanding that few in the industry have. Many AM's today run programs without understanding "affiliates side of the story" as you say...

I personally placed many test orders at TD at that time and expereinced the problems that many complained about first hand. That was 3 years ago and the results of the growth and turn around of the TD program are well documented in the history of the web and ABW.

Anyone that is an AM, considering to get into affiliate program management or any merchant is invited to attend. There are now 20 seats available, 5 have been spoken for and tentatively reserved as of this morning.

I am getting a final cofirmation on the hotel today and will post the cost to attend.

Hello team,

I am pleased to announce that Kellie, a.k.a. Ms B will be a guest speaker in the Miami seminar and will be presenting. Kellie as many of you know is by far an expert in her field, she will be discussing how technology partners affect merchants and their affiliate marketing channel.

Merchants will have a chance to ask program specific questions and will be able to see the effects these types of affiliates have on their current program.

I want to thank Kellie in advance for her time and her dedication to our industry.

Kellie, a.k.a. Ms B will be a guest speaker in the Miami seminar
    dedication to our industry
    And she does it again!

Wow. Andy and Kelli (Ms.B) on the podudium show AM's and affiliates how to make legit money, while protecting their their masters Ad budgets from fraudsters should pack the place. Basically a no spin zone for those wanting to build a lasting relationships with those who will survive the EyeBall & Cookie wars.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Andy, can you tell us what pre-requsites you feel are necessary to become an AM? What skills, knowledge and prior experience are needed? If you were looking for someone to do this, what would you want to see on their resume?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Andy, can you tell us what pre-requsites you feel are necessary to become an AM? What skills, knowledge and prior experience are needed? If you were looking for someone to do this, what would you want to see on their resume?
    Was wondering that myself. I was just downsized from my daytime j*b and was considering a change.

Successful AM= Someone willing to wear a Sales Managers hat and take responsibility for generating sales through an outside 1099 sales force. The merchant empowers him/her to make decessions for the company based upon meeting sales projections.

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Sandra, great question....

The AM job is a unique one in the sense that (a) it's still not mainstream, which is good for us and (b) you need a set of skills that can only be aquired through experience and time. In other words, you can't go to a school and become an AM, at least not a good one.

Having said that, this is what IMO I feel is needed for someone to become a great AM:
    • experience as an affiliate - AM needs to know "the how and why" affiliates do what they do in order to help them do it better and help lower and mid tier partners.
    • management experience - some experience at managing a group of people through encoragement, mutual trust and respect.
    • technolgy used in the industry - methods of tracking web traffic, cookies, ability to research and track down traffic sources, basic understanding of affiliate software, ability to read reports and see the big picture
    • SEM expereince - you need to understand how search engines work and be able to communicate to others.
    • people skills - you will lead a large amount of people and knowing how to effectively communicate, delegate and motivate will get you a long way.
    There are many other "SKILLS" you can pick up along the way, surprisingly enough, I'm amazed that many affiliates haven't taken that AM route. It is a natural step in the food chain and most successful affilaites have one of the best qualifications, they know the industry.

Listen, the AM job is not one that anyone can fill and i'm sure you know, less that .5% of the people around us actuallt know what we do and how we do it. Companies have a hell of a time recruiting and actually hiring a good AM these days.

Why do you think the OPM's are doing so well? We are a rare breed, it's not easy to find an AM, much less an OPM that will run a program well.

I know it was asked in another thread, so I will chime in here as well. A good AM for a decent sized company will pull in over $100K a year with base and commissions.

Good, expereinced OPM's can charge an average of $3K per month with additional performance bonuses on top. A healthy program can generate $50K a year for an OPM. Multiply the numbers and you get an idea and you have a very lucrative career.

Why am I disclosing this stuff ? It's no secret, most of us have our rates posted on our sites and truth be told, there is so much need out there for good management that it would be great if many of you decided to explore this avenue. I know for a fact many on this board that would be an excellent AM to alot of merchants.

We are running 8 programs, we don't want to take on more accounts yet we get an average of 3 calls or emails per week for management. There is a great demand out there and for the benefit of the industry, many of you would be able to play a key role.

If you are seriously considering, get to Miami on July 29th and I guarantee you will leave with a great set of tools that will get you on your way...

Quote Originally Posted by xandman
    Was wondering that myself. I was just downsized from my daytime j*b and was considering a change.
    X, you would be a natural my friend...

Good, expereinced OPM's can charge an average of $3K per month with additional
    Why am I disclosing this stuff
    there is so much need out there for good management that it would be great if many of you decided to explore this avenue.
    Andy, too much info being given away here. LOL

Actually I am glad you are finally doing this to help others as we share the same views for helping merchants and affiliates. It would be you to pave the way for the first ever Affiliate Manager Training Seminar. It was time and greatly needed by all of us.

The truth has always been shared by many of us as fees, and our continued support for all AM's and If anyone researches back I have said many times that some affiliates should help merchants even if it means starting an OPM. There are great affiliates here that can help this industry in general as each one has direct contact with their own merchant partners.

As some of you know, I started OPM after I met Andy (It's a long story of the events) but after seeing his success and many posting here on ABW in 2003 I called him as I was Marketing Director for a local merchant, lucky for me Andy was an OPM right here a few miles away and could drive to meet us. After finding an ethical friend within him willing to share his ideas, views and follow my instincts and support my own views even if it meant loosing a client proves that Andy IS someone to learn from and support him in return.

I don't know how many seats are left by now, but I encourage all those viewing and replying to visit Andy in Miami. I know some will say they really do not need to learn anything, but just to visit and learn the truth from a person that will support you know matter what, is worth the trip.

That last merchant that "overwrote' their affiliate's cookies with their own house cookie while "testing" the software really pushed me into finally doing this.
    Just this first part alone, either an AM, affiliate, or merchant, should help you decide to visit and learn more to then educate others.

To learn just the basics of AM even if you stay as an affiliate too will be well worth the knowledge gained.

Jorge

As an admitted management geek, I have long maintained that good training can make or break an organization (even if that organization is one person!). That's why this is such a great move!

Quote Originally Posted by jrami
    Andy, too much info being given away here. LOL
    Jorge
    All the info will be out in the open come July 29th weekend. There is so much that goes on with merchants, affiliates and networks it isn't even funny.

This will be a tell all, let's work together to make it better weekend. Cards out on the table, merchant secrets revealed and discussing ways where everyone makes the most money without greed and screwing anyone around. The industry is a money maker that will only get better...no need to be greedy and screw anyone over to make tons of money...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I truly believe that there are viable solutions for the issues facing us which are grounded in long-term profitability and stability of the AM channel. Those solutions will be found and acted upon through true understanding and knowledge.

Thank-you Andy for allowing me to participate in your event and I look forward to hopefully being a part of the education.

Hello all,

I'm still working on the rooms with the hotel but the seminar space has been reserved and we are locked and loaded.

The seminar fee will be $1,300.00 if booked before June 30th, after June 30th it will be $1,500.00 to attend. The increase is due to my commitment with catering and the number of seats I have reserved.

The seminar can be booked with a 50% non-refundable deposit and the balance can be paid up until June 30th, 30 days before the seminar date of July 29th.

The seminar fee will include:
    • Seminar registration.
    • Training materials and course manual.
    • Friday night networking and Q+A reception with cocktails.
    • Saturday training seminar - 9 AM to 6 PM, including hotel catered hot breakfast and lunch.
    • Sunday training seminar, Q+A and conference wrap up 9 AM to 2 PM, hot breakfast included.
    • Access to 60 days of consulting from ARC by phone, email or IM to help with your program or answer any questions that may come up.
    • Certificate of course completion and Affiliate Manager Certification.
    I will announce the rest of the speakers and the seminar outline next week.

The hotel room information is coming soon, i am working on some special deals for those attending at the venue hotel.

Do you have plans to offer this training on some sort of regular basis?

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    Do you have plans to offer this training on some sort of regular basis?

Joe
    Joe, this will be the first one we are conducting. We are planing on having these on a yearly basis if not sooner. It will all depend on the turnout and level of interest. I haven't started promoting it yet outside of ABW yet, kinda wanted to give our ABW family a chance at attending first.

We have 6 seats reserved and a few others pending, so far attendance looks very promising.

I am working with Mike at ECT and he is setting up some incredible deals on air and hotel.....

Andy, count me in. I thought about being an AM for some time and this announcement came at a most opportune time for me. If I can get half the respect of affiliates as you have and can accomplish a fraction of what you have in contributing to clean up affiliate marketing, then I will feel successful. It will be an honor to learn from the best.

Learning how to avoid the bad PR and legal defense fees by running a clean program would be well worth the entry fees and travel fees.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast