More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Dot5Hosting?
    Anybody promote Dot5Hosting? I just got a domain/hosting through them and they seem to be one of the cheapest to be found at $5 per month including a free domain.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Question
    curious: what about the free domain? dot-whatever of your choice? free to keep and transfer someday?

always wondered about these.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    That would be free registration of the domain, limited to .com, .net, and a few others. You need to sign up (and pay) for 1 or 2 years to get the free registration.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

but do you own the domain name or do they?

FYI, dot5hosting is a reseller of iPowerweb/Startlogic that may or may not have been acquired by iPower at some point (they deny being acquired, but more than one AM from other hosting companies have told me this). In any case, it is iPower under the hood.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread