lurk
    Affiliate Marketer Salaries
    Hello,

I was curious, what the median would be for an affiliate marketers salary... what do some of you make (if you dont mind).

I just got hired as Director of Internet Marketing for a new company and am very pleased. I finally get to leave the crap job I have now paying 18 an hour

Thanks,

Jason

Exclamation
    This could be interesting.

Varies wildly depending on your company, experience, education, industry...

Check out salary.com to get a rough idea of the salary range.
    [size=2]Amanda Moralis
    The Eastwood Company
    [email="affiliates@eastwood.com"]affiliates AT eastwood.com[/email]
    [url="http://www.eastwood.com/jump.jsp?itemID=34&itemType=CONTENT"]Sign-up Link[/url]
    [/size]

But use our co-branded version of Salary.com. We could use the page views there!

phillyBurbs + Salary.com!

ABW Ambassador
    Define "affiliate marketer":

Is it

A) The independent contractor in PJs cranking out pages at 3am

or

B) The person sending encouraging news to the independent contractors

?

Karl.

I went to your site on the salary wizard pages and I noticed the banner ad just below the navigation bar "News Sports Money Entertainment Channels Interact Search ? Shopping" is screwing it up. The drop down links goes behind the banner ad below it thus rendering it it useless. Just thought I'd let you know.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Exclamation krchrdsn55
    Hey fellas anybody could offer me some timesaving advice would be much appreciated. I'm new in this field and can use all the help I cha get Also 1 ? I have anyone have suggestion on spyware removal to keep sales from being stolen off browser as this has happened before and is very frustrating [FONT=System][SIZE=2][CENTER][CODE][HTML]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Weisinator said.

Your use of the word "salary" indicates that you are referring to a position of empl*yment by a particular company.

Affiliates are NOT (except in really oddball instances which are a gross perversion of the trade) "employed." We are INDEPENDENT businesspeople. We join affiliate programs, not as employees who can be bossed around, but as independent contractors with only a limited framework (the "Terms of Service" aka the "TOS") of rules. This is strikingly different from empl*yment, which usually has a straitjacket of nitpicky, petty rules for every little thing--rather than the affiliate's normally loose contractual framework which can pretty much be summed up as "keep it legal--and don't sully our trademarks!") !

Incomes of Affiliates can range from under $10/mo all the way to over $100,000/mo. I wouldn't attempt to guess an average.

Affiliate Managers (aka AMs), on the other hand, generally ARE employed. They are employed to oversee the affiliate programs of specific companies. Duties include getting more affiliates to sign up, making sure creatives are there and working, spotting fraud, and PR related to the affiliate program--and other related stuff too numerous to type in.

There are independent AMs, too, but they have lots of employee-like junk to put up with like having to meet performance goals, dealing with yo-yo owners who keep shooting themselves in the foot and then blaming the AM, and other distasteful j*bbish aspects.

I've read that $50k, $60k+ (per client) is in the ballpark for AMs, but I'm sure that varies a lot by company. A little affiliate program with 50 active affiliates is not very likely to be able to pay the same thing as a huge, established program that has 5,000 active affiliates...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader is right on in my experience - then also there is a great deal of regional variation as well.

Shawn Collins has a salary survey available, but from what I have seen the salaries seem to be overly inflated to me.

Also, really few "pure" affiliate managers left on the merchant side - most folks who do have responsibility for these programs are also seeing some aspect of analytics, reporting, seo, busdev...and the list goes on.

Then of course you have differing compensation schema - anyplace I have worked since my CDnow days has been a set salary. Personally, I would not advocate a bonus or commission structure for a merchant-based affiliate manager.
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

ABW Ambassador
    >A little affiliate program with 50 active affiliates is not very likely to be able to pay the same thing as a huge, established program that has 5,000 active affiliates...

I beg to differ!

50 affiliates is all you need to drive targeted traffic that CONVERTS and a "reasonable" % for the AM can reach BIG BUCKS

imho

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    I think everyone should work on commish...keeps ya focused

there are affiliates that make 100k a month....wow

what are they promoting....

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    I think everyone should work on commish...keeps ya focused

there are affiliates that make 100k a month....wow

what are they promoting....
    The better question is, what are they not promoting?
    [LEFT]Scott :tartanber [URL=http://www.scotthamilton.net]My Vanity Page[/URL][/LEFT]

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    LOL....everything under the sun?

I just wish there was someway to gauge how you are doing

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    LOL....everything under the sun?

I just wish there was someway to gauge how you are doing
    When your work's dress code is "clothing optional", you're doing just fine.
    [LEFT]Scott :tartanber [URL=http://www.scotthamilton.net]My Vanity Page[/URL][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    >A little affiliate program with 50 active affiliates is not very likely to be able to pay the same thing as a huge, established program that has 5,000 active affiliates...

I beg to differ!

50 affiliates is all you need to drive targeted traffic that CONVERTS and a "reasonable" % for the AM can reach BIG BUCKS

imho

I agree!!!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread