Jump in or not?
    I'm looking for some computer merchants, and was referred to Performics.

But after reading some of the threads below, particulary the one about Performics being "parasite-riddden"; I'm inclined to be very leery about dealing with Performics.

The fact that a Performics representative hasn't made an appearance doesn't bode well. Todd, for all his shortcomings, at least TRIES.

If I look elsewhere, I won't have the ABestWeb comrades to keep me informed of possible problems, and that in itself is scary.

So what's the scoop? Go with Performics? Or look outside for an independent in-house affiliate program?

There's an old saying here in Texas, it's better deal with a devil you know than one you don't.

If Performics is indeed "parasite-ridden" where can I go to find out what merchants are infested?

Thanks,
    Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

ABW Ambassador
    All major networks have parasites. All networks have merchants with and without them in their program. I have an overall 4% conversion with all the Performics merchants combined and every test purchase i've done has gone thru. So i would go ahead and try and see how the computer merchants work for you, trying is the only way of knowing.

Thanks, Trust!!
    I'll sure give it a shot. (Haiko, need a icon W/ a cowboy hat for us Texans!)

Is there a list of known merchants that are in bed with the parasites that I can refer to?

Thanks again, Trust. You've been very helpful. If I can ever return the favor....
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

Talking
    However - there is something that you need to be prepared for.

It has always taken me 3 to 4 months to get paid by them.

That's how far behind Performics always is in paying the affiliates the money that is owed to them.

The last time I was paid was in March of 2005 and it was for November and December of 2004.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm pretty sure they send checks out twice a month, Performics has consolidated payments. Some merchants are better than others in getting their money to Performics. Actually just got a payment notice today, they tell you right before they send out a check.

Here ya' go Texas...

This one's for when you're feeling friendly...
    This one's for everything else...

They're on the smilie page...

Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread