Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can any LS merchant tell us what is going on?
    Since LS is ignoring all of us affilaites, do any of the LS merchants out there know when we will get paid for March?

Hopefully they are sending you the emails that they don't send us telling you what is going on and when things are going to happen.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Network Rep
    7-days,

No one at LinkShare is ignoring you or the boards. We had sent out and posted on this board that March payments will be payed in May which is the normal time frame. Please see the postings that we have made or the email we sent out explaining what we are doing.

Hope that helps,
    Steve

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by smesser
    7-days,

No one at LinkShare is ignoring you or the boards. We had sent out and posted on this board that March payments will be payed in May which is the normal time frame. Please see the postings that we have made or the email we sent out explaining what we are doing.

Hope that helps,
    Steve
    May is *not* the normal time frame for many of your merchants. Overstock.com, Sierra Trading Post, Mondera, and NetMagazines (among others) always pay the month after commissions are due. Normally, I would have all four of those checks (for March) in my hands by now.

Maybe Mr. Messer would like to help me out on my house payment this month.

Michael

I should not have to go back to find and read old posts or find old emails! LS should be updating us on a regular basis by email! I want to know what is going on right now. Why I can't see my reports, why my merchants don't know when I will be paid, etc. Not all of your affiliates know or use ABW and there are sometimes I don't come here for a week. My time is as valuable as yours.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Furthermore, I just went back through all my emails since Feb. 1 and could not find anywhere that you refered to this. I found stuff about Project Athena, that said I would be getting further information which I did not get by email.

Please tell me what email date I should be looking for to find the information you say you sent us.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Angry
    Please see the postings that we have made or the email we sent out explaining what we are doing.
    What email? I haven't received an email since the introduction email for SynergyAnalytics that was sent on January 19th. I looked it over again to see if there was anything I missed and there was no mention that our March payments will be several weeks late. May is unacceptable as I too should have received my LS checks by now. If I had an employer tell me my paycheck will be a couple weeks late, I'd quit!!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Can't LS at least bring back the Merchant Payment Report so we all don't have to guess what payments will be for the month? This was one of the more useful reports and now you take it away.
    "Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Quote Originally Posted by Clicks4Nut'n
    Can't LS at least bring back the Merchant Payment Report so we all don't have to guess what payments will be for the month? This was one of the more useful reports and now you take it away.
    I second that! I just want to know how much to expect. I've got some important plans to make and they're pending depending on how much I'll be paid.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I think we have the right to validate what our sales are. Right now we will be blindly getting checks (if they ever come, that is) without a way to validate if the amounts are correct because we can't log on and check. Let's bring back the old system until you have all the bugs worked out of your new system and have it working. In simple terms, don't shut off the good working parts of LS until you have the new, equally good parts, installed.

Did any other affiliates out there get the email that Mr. Messer is refering to? If so, when did you get it and what was the subject line. I really want to see this email and read it for myself.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I got an envelope stuffed with LS checks yesterday...

and I said "Could it be???"

Yes, there's no mention of payments from Linkshare... but did they suprise me??

Nah!

They said 12/01/2004!!

Sales I made last November.

Remind me again why I put up with them!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ever wonder what the BHO's and the sleezy cookie stuffing and/or PPCSE arbritrage playas are doing about the March consolidate payment issue?? Page views from ABW lurkers must be at a all time high....ROLMAO.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Oy Vay....It is still Passover and I am sick of Matzah

I cant wait to have bread again....Only a couple of days to go....

Alright my fellow jews......lets keep it together till the bagel brigade comes to town...

Shlomo

I see Mr. Messer is logged back on. Hopefully we can get an answer regarding this email that was sent out.

(Mr. Messer, do you remember our conversation several months ago about an email I received after the fact because your email server could not handle all the emails at one time? Could it be this is still occuring and some of us are simply not getting your emails or is it LS just never sent it? I'd really like to know.)
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Ya know what Billy

I feel kinda down lately....I went to the mailbox and no checks

I remember a twilight zone I saw with something like this...

wow....All this passover food is kinda getting to me

Maybe it is the lack of checks, we are talking from 100 plus checks a month
    to like......none

WOW

diddy aka Shlomo aka Sammy Davis Jr

7-days,

Hope that helps,
    Steve

Mr. Messer, please understand I am NOT trying to bait you by coming here. I am simply coming here to say I never got the email you reffered to above and am simply asking you to tell me when this email was sent out. Again, since no one else seems to have recieved this email, could this be another problem with your email system like we discussed before?

This is not a hard question, Mr. Messer, simply ask one of your staff (like the one who was responsible for sending it) to give you the information and provide it here. If you come here telling me to read an email you sent me, please let me know which one it is? Better yet, send it to me again. How hard is this to do?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey Ron,

I have had some affiliates ask me this already, this is the response that I got:

"Commissions earned by affiliates March 2005

First consolidated payment disbursement from May 2005
    LS to affiliates"

I also received an email on April 6th that stated that payments will be sent "Mid to late May (Please note: First payment may be slightly later than will be typical due to rigorous quality assurance process at launch) " for March.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Special Liaison
    Dear 7-Days:

This is the email that went out on April 5th to the email address registered in affiliate accounts:

Subject:
    LinkShare Launch Announcement - Consolidated Payments for Affiliates
    Date:
    Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:10:22 UT
    LinkShare Corporation <newsletter@linkshare.com>

Dear Valued LinkShare Partner:

We are thrilled to be able to announce the launch of consolidated payments for
    affiliates.

Consolidated Payment Service - What is it?
    Affiliates will receive one consolidated payment from LinkShare that includes all
    commissions earned from all merchant partners during the applicable time
    period. Merchants continue to remit one payment to LinkShare for all
    commissions owed for that time period. LinkShare will then disburse these
    Consolidated Payments to commission-earning affiliates.

Consolidated Payments - Merchant Benefits

Increased affiliate satisfaction due to timely and predictable commission
    disbursements
    Increased core affiliate participation due to timely, predictable commission
    disbursements and a uniform, aggregate payment threshold
    Opportunity to reduce check disbursement costs

Consolidated Payments - Affiliate Benefits

Faster and more regular payments
    Cash flow predictability
    Easy management and tracking of monies earned from multiple
    partnerships
    Choice of payment method - physical check or direct deposit*

Timing
    The first consolidated payments to affiliates will be disbursed in May 2005 and will
    include commissions due to affiliates per the March 2005 Statement of Account.
    The below table outlines the planned timing for the initial roll-out of consolidated
    payments to affiliates:

Action Item Timing
    Commissions earned by affiliates March 2005

March '05 statement of account for
    commissions owed available to merchants Week of April 4, 2005

Merchants begin remitting March '05 Beginning the week of April 4,
    commission monies due to LinkShare from 2005 on a rolling basis
    merchants

First consolidated payment disbursement
    from LinkShare to affiliates May 2005

Please note that the timing is approximate. Please also note that the first and
    subsequent consolidated payment disbursements will include only commission
    monies earned from merchants who have in turn remitted the monies to
    LinkShare.

How to Participate - Merchants
    As a merchant, if LinkShare currently disburses checks for you, you don't need to
    do anything except to continue remitting your payment for commissions earned
    by your affiliate partners to LinkShare on time or early.

As a merchant, if LinkShare does not currently disburse checks for you, and you
    would like to begin to participate in LinkShare's Consolidated Payment program,
    please contact your LinkShare Account Manager at your earliest convenience.

How to Participate - Affiliates
    As an affiliate, you will only have to take one very minor step in order to begin
    receiving Consolidated Payments in May 2005. Once we implement the next
    phase of our new affiliate registration process, Athena, you'll need to confirm
    and/or update your registration and payment information. We'll let you know
    shortly when the next phase of Athena is scheduled to launch. You will continue to
    receive checks separately from non-participating merchants according to their
    regular check disbursement schedules.

Again, all of us at LinkShare are thrilled to be announcing the launch of
    Consolidated Payments. As always, thank you for your valued partnership and for
    the opportunity to serve you. If you have questions about Consolidated Payments
    or any other LinkShare services, please do not hesitate to reach out to
    contact@linkshare.com, 1-888-742-7389, or to your dedicated Account Manager.

Best Regards,
    Stephen Messer
    Chairman and CEO, LinkShare Corporation

* Direct deposit will be available to domestic affiliates of the LinkShare NetworkTM
    (US dollars) and LinkShare Canada (Canadian dollars) once they are in receipt of
    at least one physical consolidated commission check for commissions earned with
    LinkShare merchant partners.

Regards,

Gloria

Now, was that so hard????

Okay, now Gloria or whoever is responsible for affiliate support, how about you guys starting reading and responding to the dozens (if not hundreds) of unanswered support emails that affiliates are saying you are not answering. Let's raise the bar at LS just a tad and see just how much it improves affiliate/network relations.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Okay, I went through my email folder, even trash which I have not deleted all year, and I DID NOT recieve this email. Maybe others did, like the merchant above, but I never got it. Again, perhaps this is an issue with your mail server like the one that occured before and I did not get an email from you until after the event that was noted in the email. Perhaps this time your server could not handle the load and the email never made it to me.

Did any other affiliates receive this email and if so, what date did it come to you? If there is indeed a problem with the email server, perhaps some response here can prove this so LS can address the problem and correct it. Or goal here, after all, is to improve LS communications and if not getting emails is happening it is a very serious problem.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    I did not receive this email. I'm getting all their junk emails but NOT this important one.
    Something is wrong with your network. Mr. Messer. Don't spend your time on trips. Either check what your employees are doing or step down. I'm fed up with this permanent BS. WHEN are we going to get back our March report and get paid.

Okay, that's at least one other person who did not get the email. Any other affiliates not get this email?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    I've a suggestion for the LinkShare team.
    Such important information regarding the "Legal Entity Registration" and "Consolidated Payment" should have been sent by SNAIL MAIL, too.
    Don't tell me it costs too much. For years, I received hundred of enveloppes a month with just one check inside, and a few for less than 50 cents. Can't you afford a stamp to communicate with your affiliates?
    I'm 100% sure some affiliates are not aware of the new registration and they don't know they are not going to be paid in April.

ABW Ambassador
    I remember getting it but maybe they should also have a link or info when you login. I see some space between the SynergyAnalytics banner and the Bada Bing Bada Boom LS Club Banner. Promote the consolidated payments. Make it easy to see.

edited to add

If someone from LS is reading, another question that's not getting answered. What is the deal with consolidating accounts? I did it the first day and nothing ever happened. I got the few in my second on over to the first so i'm good to go. But others might be having problems with this.

ABW Ambassador
    Time to unlurk. Add me to the group that never received this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid
    Consolidated Payments - Affiliate Benefits

Faster and more regular payments
    Cash flow predictability
    I have two merchants (Overstock.com and Sierra Trading Post) who pay very early and on time. In a normal month, I would have had their checks by now. That is *not* "faster and more regular payments". Also, I do quite well with cash flow predictability, but currently have no idea when my next check is coming.

Timing

The first consolidated payments to affiliates will be disbursed in May 2005 and will include commissions due to affiliates per the March 2005 Statement of Account.
    Can you be any more specific? At Commission Junction, I know when to expect payment to a window of about 2 days. Will we be paid on May 15? May 10? May 20? When exactly should be expect these checks to be paid? If not until the end of May, my Overstock.com and Sierra Trading Posts checks will be a full month late.

Please also note that the first and subsequent consolidated payment disbursements will include only commission monies earned from merchants who have in turn remitted the monies to LinkShare.
    What does this mean? To me, it sounds like we'll only get our March payment in May if any given company actually pays on time. Shouldn't this be a requirement of your merchants? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this. Please help me understand. And it sounds like this isn't the case just for the first month, but every month!

As a merchant, if LinkShare does not currently disburse checks for you, and you would like to begin to participate in LinkShare's Consolidated Payment program, please contact your LinkShare Account Manager at your earliest convenience.
    I would encourage Overstock.com, Sierra Trading Post, Mondera, NetMagazines.com, and all of the other fast-paying merchants to start processing checks in-house so we can receive them when we're currently receiving them. I'll be e-mailing the affiliate managers with these programs, and encourage everybody else to do likewise if you wish.

Thanks for your time.

Michael

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I did not receive that email either.

I have no junk mail filter on that account, I double checked my trash and all my folders, and nada, nothing zip.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast