Thread: Complaints

Complaints
    I used the Q2 feed. By accident I noticed the prices from the Rubbermaid sheds were all wrong (from the new feed). Mabelle promised me a new feed, but I am still waiting. Don't bother, I solved it myself by copying the prices from BM site.

Once again BM decided to change the headings from the feed. I think this is done every new feed. This is very frustating when using auto tools and templates.

But the worst is, NONE of the links from the Q1 feed are working anymore. All 30,000 links are leading to a general page. When BM started with datafeeds, I have told BM one cannot change buyurls. Every product has to be on the same url if still avialable. Now every product has a new buy url and the old url's are withdrawn. The easiest way would be to put the SKU into the buyurl and not the database number from BM.

ABW Ambassador
    I took BettyMills off of my site because of all the problems I had every time they
    came out with a new datafeed.

Arrow
    Let me respond to this one:

Uphill,

The issue you are referring to was from a very long time ago, at a time when our initial datafeed URL's pointed to 'rows' in our database, versus item numbers. We corrected that problem long ago so all of our URL's point directly into item numbers, not row numbers. That issue is long behind us.

That's not the problem in this case.

The reason why items will point to the general BettyMills homepage is because if you are using an old datafeed, and we clean that datafeed from our system, you will get a redirect to the BettyMills homepage.

We normally as a courtesy maintain our datafeeds one or two quarters back, but not much longer. It is the affiliates responsibility to update their feeds each quarter to the latest datafeed.

Why don't we keep old datafeeds in our system forever?

The main reason is that it is unfair for customers to be browsing through obsolete information. Using an old datafeed causes many problems, not the least of which is a situation that arises when a customer sees an old price that might be more attractive from an old datafeed, and expects to get that price- and calls our customer service department to lodge a complaint and fights for that old price with a club-in-hand.

The reason it is imperative to update your feeds in a timely fashion each quarter is because with 34,000 items, there are thousands of price changes, item adds/drops, picture changes, description changes. Manufacturer mergers occur often in this industry, and therefore manufacturer names change, as well as many other variables. There are many moving parts. The good news is that generally, you only need to update once per quarter as most changes are reflected in the big switch-over at each new quarter.

Rubbermaid shed prices increased just days after the feed was released. There are only a handful of parts that for now might be easier for you to update using our website prices. We will update the feed as soon as possible, but for now please grab the new price from our website pages.

As far as your Q1 feed not working, it should be working fine, as we have not removed that feed from our system yet. We were getting many orders from sites that were using the Q1 feed after we launched into Q2.

Send me a link to your site, or check to ensure you are using the Q1 feed and not an earlier version which we may have already removed from our system.

There is a instant upside for any affiliate who updates their feed. I will mention one particular case this week, where one of our affiliates was sending us thousands of clicks a month, but using an obsolete datafeed so clicks were going into the homepage instead of the product page. After they updated their website to the new feed, orders started rolling in immediately.

As far as headers changing - that's an area we take full responsibility for.

The backend system we use to generate the feeds is a third party solution and we did not realize til too late that a few columns positions had changed, which has happened a few times since we introduced datafeeds into our affiliate program a couple years back. For that, we are truly sorry.

The things that have slipped by us in the past have been column name changes, and column position changes. We are going to do our best to make sure that these stay constant, but for some reason, we have had a challenge with some of the consistency along the way- and again our apologies for the frustration.

I'm never happy to hear that our feed was dropped by any of our partners for any reason, and I'd like to help you get back on track if that's the case.

Please post any comments you may have, or If you have any specific questions you can call me directly at 800-BettyMills X302 and lets talk.

Aside from that, our datafeed is our largest revenue producing affiliate medium, and a significant amount of affiliates use it with great success.
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Victor you are wrong. It was the Q1 2005 feed. Downloaded at Januari 15 2005
    Just send you a PM with my url

Uphill,

Try it now. Somehow that particular feed which was on your site was from an earlier rev, and was in an inactive state.

Not sure exactly why yet, but I'll look into it further.

Thanks for the heads up
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Problem solved. Thanks.

Maybe you should start thinking of redirecting only non-existing products at BM to a general page. This instead of changing all url's every quarter. It is very easy to setup. 404 > shop.htm

Speaking of prices, why do the prices on the arrow sheds in the psc use the retail price and not the price they will actually pay? If it is going to show the retail price on my page, it should atleast include the price they will actually be paying.

Based on your post, I have a funny feeling the provider we have for the PSC used the wrong field on the update, using retail price instead of selling price.

We are almost ready to upload the Q3 feed, so I don't know if it makes sense at this point to update the PSC for a few days time.

I'll have to go to the PSC to double check that is in fact the problem.

Regards,
    Victor
    Home Page BettyMills.com

9. Newsletter Signup