Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    spyware killing affiliate program needed
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some spyware killing software with an affiliate prgram that will allow me to link directly to their download file.
    Does anyone know of such a site/program?

thanks

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzilla
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some spyware killing software with an affiliate prgram that will allow me to link directly to their download file.

thanks
    I'm hoping that in the event Microsoft decides to charge for their anti-spyware product, they'll have the sense to enlist the aid of affiliates also.

ABW Ambassador
    Clickbank has a lot of these type of programs, the only problem is, many of these
    anti-spyware programs come with spyware themselves. Here is an excellent product
    which I have read and highly recommend, this is not an affiliate link, but they do have an affiliate program:
    http://www.spyware-secrets.com

Quote Originally Posted by gerzilla
    Hi,

thanks
    Hi G.

Yes, our SpywareHound campaign (listed on MaxBounty.com at $12.50 per sale) does support tracking that'll allow you to link directly to the download file.

If you're interested, and need help implementing it, please contact support AT maxbounty.com.

Thanks
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Internet Cowboy
    I say it is best for the industry as a whole if everyone puts up links to the FREE MS product.
    This product does a GREAT job of removing BHOs and it DOES NOT target affiliate cookies.
    It also adds value to your web site. When the customer sees that you are offering something that will help them and it is absolutely FREE, you have made a friend.
    I don't say this to step on the toes of anyone who sells antispyware apps. I say this only because this is the largest problem in our industry and if every affiliate put a link to the MS product on their site, that would take a large step toward eradicating spyware all together.
    Last edited by UncleScooter; April 29th, 2005 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Just thought I'd add that SpywareHound does not target affiliate cookies.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.2-spyware.com/soft-spywarehound.html

The stripes never change do they JP?

Chet

ABW Ambassador

Thanks for the additional info, chetf. Think I'll go with UncleScooter's idea and link to the FREE MS product. My spyware check page gets lots of hits each month, and my visitors will probably benefit more from that link.

ABW Ambassador
    I think linking to the free MS product is a very good idea, but I think people need
    to understand what is happening also, just having the free MS product is a big
    step in the right direction but is not enough. We need to educate people with
    how spyware works. And I think the ebook I listed in my first post is a good way
    to do that, in addition to linking to the free MS product, and make a little
    extra commissions in our effort doing so.

ABW Ambassador
    Waybar, are you seriously thinking people should spend $29.97 for an ebook to learn about spyware?!?!? Besides looking like an MLM scam, that "ebook" offers nothing on how it will help you remove items nor what if any software it gives you - past a bunch of scare tactics and MLM style highlighting. Let me guess it tells you where to download free software?

That is the exact kind of thing i would steer someone away from. It makes the people fighting spyware look as sleazy as the spyware, sorry if that is your site, but that is a bunch of BS.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Chet,

Have you read the ebook? I have, and it offers a lot of good information. It
    recommends some free programs to use in removing spyware, with the free
    Microsoft Anti-spyware program at the top of the list. It is not an MLM scam, I don't
    know where you get MLM from this at all. Could you point to the section for me
    that makes this sound like MLM. But it also gives a lot of very good information on
    how to avoid getting this spyware on your computer in the first place.
    People are selling all kinds of ebooks for this price or more, and to tell you the truth,
    most of the ebooks I've purchased are crap and not worth the price at all. But this
    ebook is definitely worth the price. The person that created this ebook is very well
    known and does not produce crap, and is not involved in MLM as far as I know.
    This is not my site, I am signed up as an affiliate, but I did not give my affiliate
    link on this forum. I am just as interested in stopping spyware as anyone else here,
    and I see nothing wrong with promoting an ebook that gives a LOT of very good
    information on how to keep it from getting on your computer.

I would much rather promote this ebook than some of the questionable
    anti-spyware products that sell for this much or more.

With that, I will not make any further posts in this thread. My purpose here
    was not to get into arguments with others about this, but to offer another
    alternative in addition to offering the free MS product. If you are not interested, then that is fine.

This ebook does not just point to free products, but offers a lot of very
    good useful information. I thought I knew quite a bit about how to stop
    spyware, but I even learned a lot from it.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Wayne thanks for clarifying that, yes that ebook is a piece of crap. I was guessing before, now i can say that for sure.

Making people pay $25 for information that exists for free and point them to free software? That is a helpful service? Are you kidding me? That is going to help educate? No that is going to ripoff someone and capitalize on spyware, not help the issue.

And I said the look is that of an MLM scam. It is. One long page, wacky bolding and highlighting. But i can see why it goes with that look... Your page?

Chet

Stompsoft on CJ
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Internet Cowboy
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by waybar
    With that, I will not make any further posts in this thread.
    Because you have nothing else to say. You are no different than the slimeballs who push this crap on kids. Where do you advertise this ebook? Metrics Direct? What a piece of work!

And JP Suave pushing his own parasite dressed up as antispyware. I have one word to say. GARBAGE. I'll be sure to get right over to MaxBounty.com and sign up. Can I market viruses too?? Oh boy I'm gonna be rich!

I learned something today about people I thought were on the up and up.

ABW Ambassador
    Uncle Scooter,
    What are you talking about? I hate Metrics Direct just as much as you do, I've
    been testing their software and turning in affiliates that advertise with them. Just
    turned another one in today to Kowabunga. I want to stop this spyware crap just
    as much as anyone else. If you don't want to promote the ebook, fine, I don't
    really care, it was just a product that I had checked out and I thought it had some
    very good information in it. But a lot of people are promoting spyware removal
    products for money, and most of them are crap. I feel much better promoting
    something like this than most of the questionable spyware removal products around.
    I've done more to fight spyware with Clickbank than anyone, you can ask on the
    Clickbank Success forum about it if you don't believe me. If people would take the
    steps recommended in this ebook, chances are they would never get any spyware
    crap on their computer in the first place, and they wouldn't have to be taking their
    computers in to the repair shop to get fixed. Ask any computer repair person, they
    will tell you the biggest problem people have with computer problems is spyware.
    The price of this ebook is much less than you would have to pay to take your
    computer in to the repair shop. But if you people think it is that bad, just forget that
    I even said anything about it. Recommend the free MSN product to your visitors, I
    believe it is one of the best spyware removal products available, and it is free, and
    think all affiliates should be recommending this product to their visitors. I have
    recommended Microsofts product many times to others, but that doesn't mean if I
    find a product that I think provides very good information, that I can't add that to my
    list of products that I promote. We are all in this affiliate business to make money, and
    I prefer to go with reputable products instead of shady ones. Many people promote
    products without even checking them out, how can you recommend a product if you
    don't even know what it is? Just had to get this off my chest, you can think whatever
    you want.
    You can email Jeff at Kowabunga and ask him if I turned in a merchant today
    working with parasites, if you don't believe I am in this fight also.

Wayne

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I say it is best for the industry as a whole if everyone puts up links to the FREE MS product.
    This product does a GREAT job of removing BHOs and it DOES NOT target affiliate cookies.
    It also adds value to your web site. When the customer sees that you are offering something that will help them and it is absolutely FREE, you have made a friend.
    I don't say this to step on the toes of anyone who sells antispyware apps. I say this only because this is the largest problem in our industry and if every affiliate put a link to the MS product on their site, that would take a large step toward eradicating spyware all together.
    I saw screw all the corruptable alternatives to MS -AntiSpyware which wash network cookies and refused to listen to our pleas to revamp them. No longer can any consumer trust the alternatives and faux programs outnumer the legit alternatives. I say we just back $$$ Bill and get this over with and just enjoy the screams of the networks, sleezy affiliates and parasite friendly merchnats. Watching the VC players take it in the shorts again as un-installs outnumber infestations crumbling their chances to put perfume on the commission pigs.

I made this one for All ABWers to put on their sites and link to the free beta.

Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike,
    I saw on one of your sites a link to a spam script that sent e-mail harvesters in circles...would like to include that on my sites.
    I can't remember the name of it, or I would look for it myself.
    Can I get the url for it?
    Thanks,
    Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by waybar
    ...if you don't believe I am in this fight also.
    • Promote the e-book and put a dollar in your pocket today.

• Promote the FREE MS product and put a dollar in your pocket for years to come.

• Try to sell the e-book, only to have customers feel gyped when they realize it is information that is FREELY AVAILABLE.

• Offer customers a FREE and VIABLE solution to their problem and make a friend or even better, a repeat customer to your affiliate site.
    We are all here to make money, but sometimes we just have to suck it up and do what is best for our long-term outlook, even if that means sacrificing a few dollars in potential revenue. Besides that, it is the right thing to do.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree that we should promote the FREE MS product to all of our visitors, I have
    done this many times. But I also believe, like the sales letter says, that using
    anti-spyware software is only half the battle, it's the knowledge that makes the
    real difference. I do not believe that people are going to feel gyped from purchasing
    this ebook. I've been fighting spyware for a long time now, thought I knew almost
    everything there is to know about it, and I even learned things I never knew before.
    Most people have no idea what spyware is or where it came from. I'll bet there are
    a lot of affiliates on this forum that promote some kind of information product. Maybe
    even you. I prefer to check out the products and only deal with products that I
    feel are of high quality. I do recommend the FREE microsoft anti-spyware product
    every chance I get, but that doesn't mean I can't promote other high quality products
    that are not free in this fight also.

ABW Ambassador
    People are more likely to try something that is free and good (MS) which in the long run would make your more money than trying to get commissions pushing something people have to pay for that's not as good as the MS product. That's the best thing going right now, push that.

Rick K.,

I have a page at my site where people can run the free spyware check. I used the script from http://www.doxdesk.com/software/js/parasite.html and link to the site telling people to go there to learn more about spyware.

ABW Ambassador
    I have never said the MS product is not good. I think it is a very good product, and
    I do recommend it every chance I get. I do not understand what the problem is. I
    am not pushing this other product on anyone, but if someone wants it I have it
    available for them. How does anyone here know if this product is any good or not,
    when you have not read it? I do recommend pushing the Microsoft product first and
    foremost, but what is the problem with making this other product available to people
    if they want it. Knowledge goes a long way in helping to stop spyware before it even
    has a chance to do damage, and keep your computer working the way it should.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K.
    Mike,
    I saw on one of your sites a link to a spam script that sent e-mail harvesters in circles...would like to include that on my sites.
    I can't remember the name of it, or I would look for it myself.
    Can I get the url for it?
    Thanks,
    Rick K.
    Tower of Babel link at bottom of www.ecomcity.com uses the great honey pot trap for corrupting the e-mail scrappers scripts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Tracy...
    Looks impressive!
    So if a customer enters one of my sites, and they are infested with parasites, it'll detect it and alert them?

Just looking at the script, how does it scan and determine that a browser is infected?
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast