Let's create affiliate union.
    We should create affiliate union. I would not have a problem giving 1% of my income to some lawyers protecting my interest...
    There are about 200000 affiliates in CJ program. (Please correct me if I am wrong).
    Is there a $amount of how much did affiliate make in 2004 all together?
    I am sure some lawyers will be glad to take this opportunity after they see the numbers.
    Last edited by voloda; April 29th, 2005 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Ading content

ABW Ambassador
    What would you have this union do for you? Why in the CJ forum, you want an Affiliate CJ Union?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    What would you have this union do for you? Why in the CJ forum, you want an Affiliate CJ Union?
    Lawyers will have access to information we will never get... And they will fight our interest. Propose new rules, laws, fight parasites or adware companies like Ebates, Screensavers etc. What Union does... Protect your interest.

Outsourced Program Manager
    If you're finding you need someone to help you fight your network, then you're clearly in the wrong network (or shouldn't be in one at all).

Instead of looking for lawyers, you should be looking for programs with quality affiliate managers.

The relationship between a merchant and an affiliate should be a long lasting win-win situation where both parties are equally invested in eachothers success.

I've been an affiliate for almost 5 years now and recently moved over to the the management side. Having experience on both sides greatly increases my performance both as an affiliate and a manager.

I've made some good contacts within the industry over the years. These are people who know how to run their programs well and who I feel confident working with. Feel free to PM me or email eder[at]nettraction[dot]com with any questions.

Thanks,

Eder

P.S. If you still want lawyers, I can point you in the direction there too.

Well, not exactly. A few affiliates would become members of the affiliate union, and the rest of the affiliates would enjoy the, possible, benefits of the union without ever joining it. Affiliates are not exactly "company employees". This would be a pretty ... different union.
    What we all need here is a more robust CJ system that would not, practically, collapse "under great pressure" and create tremendous delays and anxiety among the hard working CJ-affiliates.
    Right now, our last lead was

11:28 PDT April 28.

It was reported about 19 hours later at

6:42 PDT April 29.

Nothing else has been recorded/reported by CJ.

A more robust sytem...

huhu

Oscar Wilde

they will dump us faster then wallmart their employees

Quote Originally Posted by eder
    The relationship between a merchant and an affiliate should be a long lasting win-win situation where both parties are equally invested in eachothers success.
    I could not agree with you more. However the issue lies between CJ and affiliates not affiliates and merchants. I am sure merchants (at least most of them) are treating affiliates fairly. Union will protect affiliates from third parties like CJ.
    Look what CJ is doing lately. Ebates, Screensavers and other adwhores that we have no idea off are being added to their network. Why should we affiliates accept this? If you are OK with that then I think YOU are in the wrong network!
    What about these mysterious upgrades? Why there are soo many complains? Why my EPC is $13 in the last 4 days compare to an average of $65. How much money I am not going to see because of these "UP Fuu***grades"?
    In February we had the same problem. Don't you see that this is becoming a habit now? How many upgrades are we going to go through this year. I guarantee you there will be a BIG ONE just before X-Mas!
    If you think I am in the wrong Network then you are wrong. I know exactly what am I doing. I have been in the Network for 5 years and I have seen a lot. One thing is true and most of the affiliates will agree that since CJ was acquired by Value Click it is not the same CJ anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by voloda
    I could not agree with you more. However the issue lies between CJ and affiliates not affiliates and merchants. I am sure merchants (at least most of them) are treating affiliates fairly. Union will protect affiliates from third parties like CJ.
    If you need to be protected from your 3rd party solution, you should ask yourself, are they really a solution?

The point I was making is that the relationship should remain between the merchant and the affiliate.

Merchant <-> Affiliate =
    Merchant ->CJ<-Affiliate =

The first relationship is possible through a true solution provider.

Solution Provider
    Merchant <-^-> Affiliate =

In this relationship the affiliate and merchant are working with eachother, it's a true partnership. The solution provider represents the affiliate on the behalf of the merchant and visa-versa.

Look what CJ is doing lately. Ebates, Screensavers and other adwhores that we have no idea off are being added to their network. Why should we affiliates accept this?
    You don't have to. In a true partnership both parties have equal leverage.

If you are OK with that then I think YOU are in the wrong network!
    What about these mysterious upgrades? Why there are soo many complains? Why my EPC is $13 in the last 4 days compare to an average of $65. How much money I am not going to see because of these "UP Fuu***grades"?
    In February we had the same problem. Don't you see that this is becoming a habit now? How many upgrades are we going to go through this year. I guarantee you there will be a BIG ONE just before X-Mas!
    If you think I am in the wrong Network then you are wrong. I know exactly what am I doing. I have been in the Network for 5 years and I have seen a lot.
    First of all, I'm not in a network. Second, after 5 years of BS, I'm wondering why you still are.

All I have to say is good luck my good friend.

- Eder

The point I was making is that the relationship should remain between the merchant and the affiliate.

Merchant <-> Affiliate =
    Merchant ->CJ<-Affiliate =

The first relationship is possible through a true solution provider.

Solution Provider
    Merchant <-^-> Affiliate =
    Sorry eder but this doesn't make sense...
    I have no idea what you are trying to say.

It was a poor attempt at making a flow chart using punctuation.

Use your imagination.

- Eder

Affiliate Manager
    If you're finding you need someone to help you fight your network, then you're clearly in the wrong network (or shouldn't be in one at all).

Instead of looking for lawyers, you should be looking for programs with quality affiliate managers.

Well said. While unions can be useful in many circumstances, I believe the solution here is simpler: when an affiliate program goes sour, just letting the folks here know about it will gut their affiliate base in no time.

As for laws and such, if you're not writing your elected representatives monthly you're overlooking an opportunity. I have no illusions that any one of us will make much of a difference, but as long as we all write we will collectively raise awareness of the issues that are important to us.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    i strongly disagree with a union concept.

if you're not satisfied with a network, go to another. the same goes to the merchants. ultimately, the more desirable network or company will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    if you're not satisfied with a network, go to another.
    Can we set that in stone somewhere? That always seemed obvious to me, but I usually pick up on the obvious.

But then if everyone followed that advice the overall post count at ABW would suffer. No one would have anything to continually post about.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    I'd rather use my weight on my own.....we all arent building cars here on an assembly line.

Plus my needs are much different then yours...

I think it is a bad idea

Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    i don't know about you guys but i'm about to buy a second house courtesy of affiliate earnings only. and many here have also benefitted.

we may have different reasons why we're here, but ultimately, the objective is to earn money, not necessarily to stump your weight around. some affiliate managers too have fallen into this pitfall. that's when they try to insist their own taste and wants with complete disregard of what works and what doesn't. the successful ones are those who are eager to react and adapt to developing trends.

you gotta move. you cannot simply sit and insist what you think should work and what should not.

Dont get me wrong....I love the money aspect of what I do...

But the much more fulfilling part is creating the bridge between the merchants and the consumers and building relationships

At the same time...affiliate marketing is only one small aspect of my business.

Although I invest big money in making big money....my needs are much different than that of an affiliate that is working in his/her basement and mean no disrespect by my comments..just all affiliates are different

Unions are usually for a group of common employees all extremely similiar.

Anyway....I am in for making affiliate marketing easier, safer for all of us

Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    i invest almost nothing at all in making big money. so when sales happen to be not what they used to be, i'm not alarmed.

you just gotta squeeze dry what's currently working. when you can't squeeze anymore juice, it's time to move on. works fine too in my other investments.

... I'm sure someone will post in this thread ... In due time.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

what do ya mean?

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread