Getting Pounded w/Returned Email
    Hi All,

It looks like someone is using my site addy to send out a bunch of spam or whatever. Anyways I am getting a ton of returned email. Hundreds in the past half hour when it started. Probably nothing I can do is there> I did make a post on that site that the email isn't being sent from me. If I temporarily pull the domain would that help at all? Probably to late to do anything by now? The links they are sending in the emails are all differnt named sites but all have .baba-rajni. something. Don't want to post it in case it's a drive by site.

Join the club. I've been pounded for the last two months. It has only been the last few days that it has let up. Maybe they switched from my site to yours.

One thing I did do is send the headers/content to SpamCop because it contains the info about the person/company that actually generated the email, but I don't know if it did any good.

If anybody knows how to block people from doing this I sure would like to know.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    In your Cpanel there is an option to send emails to a "blackhole" just have all the emails sent there.

Only thing is you'll lose access to email addresses you use.

no you wont lose access to your normal email if you set it up right... you can set up your email so that everything that isnt a real email is sent to a blackhole, using catchalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Join the club. I've been pounded for the last two months. It has only been the last few days that it has let up. Maybe they switched from my site to yours.

One thing I did do is send the headers/content to SpamCop because it contains the info about the person/company that actually generated the email, but I don't know if it did any good.

If anybody knows how to block people from doing this I sure would like to know.
    I've had enough now Tracy, time to send them back to you gotta be close to a couple of thousand now. I'll look into the cpanel to see if I can figure it out. Thanks!

DFL, Dice party at my house tonight if your interested give me a call. You can be here in 15 minutes

Oh wow, it was never that bad for me. Maybe 100 per day max. Whoever is doing it must be using some really bad lists, or a lot of spam blockers are kicking them back to you.

Maybe after New York goes after the Spyware/Adware companies, they can go after the people who fraudulently use other people's url as return mail addresses.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Packy,

Dice, nah. Now if you said hold'em, I'd be over in less than 15

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Oh wow, it was never that bad for me. Maybe 100 per day max. Whoever is doing it must be using some really bad lists, or a lot of spam blockers are kicking them back to you.

Maybe after New York goes after the Spyware/Adware companies, they can go after the people who fraudulently use other people's url as return mail addresses.
    Down to about 200 today Tracy It's been a mix of both spam blockers and dead email returns with a few nasty emails telling me to stop spamming, lmao. With all the returns probably over 1 million were sent out. I'd like to see Spitzer take them all on also

DFL, we play dice a bit different. Ya missed a Great time. Your wife would of had fun too. You'll have to give it a try next time

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread