Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My sales are not showing up
    My sales are gone, without a trace. No proof, no chance of recovery. I know many of you are pleased at how your sales have been catching up. I have had 2 sales in 3 days. I average 6-8 per day. I wish I could display the trend graph of mine from CJ. This upgrade and the last up grade look virtually identical. The 26th through today are the worse days of the whole month of April.

Whatever CJ............ Whatever........

no more whining ......... You win!! I can't prove crap!! Besides, when I showed you all the numbers as a result of the last upgrade, you told me everything looked normal to you... What a joke..

Again, for those of you that have recovered or are still recovering. I am sincerely supportive, and pleased to know that not everyone got shafted.

Have a nice day....

Unhappy
    Speaking for myself - my catchup seems to have stopped during the night - and a big fat zero so far today right across the board - traffic is still steady but transactions are nonexistent. Hard to get a grip on what's happening given the SE's brutalizing us and the "upgrades" taking place.

Air
    I have the same problem, my sales since the new Upgrade are only 15% of what I normally get. When I told CJ about my low EPC and slow sales they said the same: "Everything looks normal on our end". Well I guess there is nothing we can do.
    There are some interesting articles about parasites and adware programs.
    Check it out here: It looks promissing...
    http://www.benedelman.org/

ABW Ambassador
    Things are still not right, even tho the message is gone from the page. I had a lot of sales showing up yesterday except for a major 8 hour gap, i don't have 8 hour sale gaps. Also today it's 3 in the afternoon and i have made $2 so far. I'm just going to take a wild guess and say they took the weekend off like the networks usually do and Monday you will see another message when you login notifying of some sort of problem.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Things are still not right, even tho the message is gone from the page. I had a lot of sales showing up yesterday except for a major 8 hour gap, i don't have 8 hour sale gaps. Also today it's 3 in the afternoon and i have made $2 so far. I'm just going to take a wild guess and say they took the weekend off like the networks usually do and Monday you will see another message when you login notifying of some sort of problem.
    Well, I had 40 sales how up yesterday and so far today I have only had one. Sorry Impossible.

Internet Cowboy
    I have had 4 today. The last one being
    30-Apr-2005 07:00 PDT 30-Apr-2005 08:14 PDT
    Something is surely WRONG. On any given Saturday by this time I have 15 to 20 transactions showing.
    This sure does get old!!

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, Monday it'll start all over again. Reporting is delayed.... tracking is funtional...... we'll keep you up to date...... Maybe they all passed out, spun themselves dizzy.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Yep, Monday it'll start all over again. Reporting is delayed.... tracking is funtional...... we'll keep you up to date...... Maybe they all passed out, spun themselves dizzy.
    Yes I agree and all the "lost transactions" from the weekend will not be recovered, like last weekend.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, had a couple sales pop up with about a 4 1/2 hour delay.

08:04 PDT 30-Apr-2005 12:37 PDT
    08:09 PDT 30-Apr-2005 12:39 PDT

My first sale of the day was an event date of 1 in the morning and that one was only an hour delay. Think i'll just take the weekend off, might do a little Indy Hunting.

Down to a 3 hour delay here... it sounds like they don't even know what's wrong. Just hoping sales are in fact tracking this weekend as things were screwed up last weekend.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah it's going good now, sales are coming in, delay is getting shorter too. Hopefully it sticks this time.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Ok all....

Here is what you do...a lil trick

Go to Run reports....

Run the report for 50 best performing links for today only!

It will show you what you really sold today

Cheers

diddy

One more thing....

Just because you got 10 sales yesterday does not mean you are gonna get 10 today

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    Ok all....

Here is what you do...a lil trick

Go to Run reports....

Run the report for 50 best performing links for today only!

It will show you what you really sold today

Cheers

diddy

Why not just run the straight "web site performance" report? That actually totals the sales so you don't have to add them up. And some people on here have 50 sales a day, and when it drops to 10, there is something wrong indeed.

oops my bad.....I must be a lightweight

so sorry

New to CJ -- Should my sales be showing up?
    From the recent posts, it appears that my timing is less than perfect.

I joined CJ and 1 merchant affiliate program yesterday (Friday, April 29). My site (also quite new) was updated to include the CJ-generated link by mid-morning PDT yesterday.

My belief, based on looking at Overture and Wordtracker, was that the traffic to my site (natural type-ins) was HIGHLY targeted to that merchant. Looking at the CJ performance reports for yesterday and today, the number of clicks (several hundred) and the CTR (today it is approx 90%) support my belief.

HOWEVER, I am showing ZERO sales, even on the "Website Performance" and "50 Best Performing Links" Reports -- the clicks and impressions show up and look accurate.

So, I'm wondering if this is due to 1) my being a very new CJ publisher, i.e. "start up" delays, or 2) the CJ "update" probs others have been discussing here, or 3) my merchant's not reporting until shipment or such (the CJ info on the merchant says it does not batch), or 4) a combo of the above or 5) none of the traffic I'm sending is buying (this seems to be unlikely since my research and, now, the CTR point to HIGHLY targeted traffic).

I would appreciate the opinions of others who have more experience with CJ and affiliate marketing than I.

Thanks in advance.

K.B.

Possibly 1), 3), or 5).... give it some time and you'll know for sure. I always recommend a test purchase to see if the merchant is behaving as well (yes, Voloda, they are effective), especially if you've seen hundreds of clicks and no sales. But, then there are those merchants where people just love to browse and rarely purchase. Could be as simple as that, but the problems we've experienced in the last 9 days aren't due to CJ not tracking all sales... it seems that they've had reporting gaps where sales normally appear, or lots of sales where they normally don't appear. In other words, things haven't been working 100% for 100% of us. The last 2 days look to be okay for me, but things have stalled since about 6pm today (and performance reports are once again showing more sales than transaction reports).

Hi Kaybee,

(1) I don't think being new enters into the mix. If somebody makes a purchase, you should see the sale post, where you've been a member for a day or for years as long as you have properly entered the tracking code on your site.

(2) There are many here who believe that the problems with the upgrade have eaten their sales. Of course, CJ says tracking has not been affected. So you have to decide for yourself who you want to believe.

(3) If your merchant does not batch, then any sales should post between 30 minutes and 2 hours after it happens. Of course, this weekend there were major delays of up to 15 hours, but it looks like it has caught up now.

(4) A combination of the above? ...

(5) Highly targeted traffic should convert. One way to tell for sure is to click on your link and make a purchase yourself. If it doesn't show up in your sales, then you should start worrying.

ABW Ambassador
    Had 19 sales post from 12:35 to 17:13 and zero since, not even the 2 test purchases i made are showing up. Hopefully when i wake up i'll see them in my account.

Good Morning All.

New member here.

I joined the forum because I just recently started having some success with CJ and then it tanked last week. Having worked with other ecommerce sites, the messages on the CJ home page set off my BS alarm so I went looking for a forum where affiliates with more experience could provide an indication of whether tracking was working properly. "Intermittent" delays didn't appear to be intermittent at all and conversions were/are falling.

The main site being promoted is by PPC so a drop in conversion rate can mean the difference between profit & loss. Yesterday the site had more visitors than ever before yet the lowest conversion rate to date. (I have been as high as .72 and as low as .12 (yesterday)). The difference is dramatic for highly targeted affiliates.

I know I could email CJ - but I don't expect much to come of it as they maintain that tracking is unaffected. Would anyone suggest emailing the affiliate directly?

It would appear I am not alone in suspecting that tracking is not accurate - but like most - not sure what to do about it.

Regards,
    CBE

In any business relationship, when 1 side holds all the cards. And the other side has to do all the 'trusting'.........nevermind....

ABW Ambassador
    eh, woke up to one sale with a 7 hour delay and my 2 test purchases not showing. Nice upgrade

15 years and counting
    That's becoming completely erratic.

2 Sales
    Thanks, ticketguyz and Tracy for the replies.

With a cumulative (mid-Friday thru now) CTR of 73% and 300+ clicks, CJ shows 2 sales.

I've not done a test buy. Guess I'll just wait and see how things go.

This forum is great, especially for newbies like me.

Thanks again.

K.B.

Unhappy
    I just checked again - no clicks at all for 2 days. This is really getting ridiculous!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast