Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    google is absolutely mad
    I tried a search for a specific keyword an guess what? The first 600 results are from 1 website with hundreds of subdomains. Bye bye google.

roland

Do you think other engines are better ? I doubt it. All of them have problems, but google is still the best imo.

Yahoo is still the best for me. But they are all starting to display SPONSORED sites.

Quote Originally Posted by bbb
    Do you think other engines are better ? I doubt it. All of them have problems, but google is still the best imo.
    You gota be kidding! The Internet was created for the FREE exchange of information. Google has such a strangle hold on searchs they are killing this concept. There search results are not designed to help web surfers find what they are looking for but to force them to sites that pay Google Money. I amnot saying Google does not have the rite to make money (I use adwords) but there regular search results are so convaluted as to make them almost worthless. IMHO Overture powered searchs are far superior.

IMO the really huge sites w/ tons of pages and original content are still doing well. And the really spammy sites done by expert spammers are doing well.
    And everyone else is getting slowly squeezed out...

ABW Ambassador
    "Google has such a strangle hold on searchs they are killing this concept. There search results are not designed to help web surfers find what they are looking for but to force them to sites that pay Google Money."

They're still #1 for a reason. Apparently people feel they're still getting relevant results or they would use another search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    Yahoo is still the best for me. But they are all starting to display SPONSORED sites.

I noticed this too!!!

So other people are noticing the nasty mess of relevancy that Google is pulling up now.. Look at the PR on all of the top 3 placements 1-3 also see all of the non content sites pulling up?

Junk junk... Guess they want everyone buying PPC...

I remember::::::::> http://www.realseo.com/archives/000661.html

oh yeah and this::::::: > http://news-01.rankforsales.com/news...dec-02-04.html

ABW Ambassador
    And i heard they're going to start eliminating affiliate sites starting May 1. So the only way to get traffic via Google is PPC.

I find MSN search to be more relevant than google as of lat

Quote Originally Posted by Robert484848
    You gota be kidding! The Internet was created for the FREE exchange of information. Google has such a strangle hold on searchs they are killing this concept. There search results are not designed to help web surfers find what they are looking for but to force them to sites that pay Google Money. I amnot saying Google does not have the rite to make money (I use adwords) but there regular search results are so convaluted as to make them almost worthless. IMHO Overture powered searchs are far superior.
    No, im not kiding. I didnt say google is perfect, but its better than others. Obviously you dont think so, no problem, thats your opinon.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by bbb
    No, im not kiding. I didnt say google is perfect, but its better than others. Obviously you dont think so, no problem, thats your opinon.

Are you sure that you don't work for Garble and are lurking here as someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    And i heard they're going to start eliminating affiliate sites starting May 1. So the only way to get traffic via Google is PPC.
    What defines an affiliate site? This seems a little far fetched considering there are many affiliate sites that are legitimate and useful, such as Pricegrabber, Bizrate, Dealcatcher, etc.

In any event, I think they've already successfully removed all the newer affiliate sites.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I uploaded a brand new site on April 3, with about 150 pages. The only outbound links on it are to amazon and google adense (on each page). G has slurped up the index page and has ranked it #4 for its main keyword. (made a little bit of $ from adsense even.)

Wish it would slurp up the rest of the site, so I could get a better handle on it.

I've noticed in my niche that there is one very large affiliate site, that still does quite well in the serps.

I didn't know that tomorrow, I can expect more carnage. I check on this large aff site tomorrow on certain keywords that I've been watching.

Jazz T.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm kidding, relax.

Heheh, thought there was something fishy about that statement

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Trust,

You should throw out conspiracy theories like that once a month or so. Scare all the newbies away, hahaha!

Google is going down the tubes. They've screwed around with their algorithm so much they've rendered it useless. I was doing some research for one of my clients unrelated to buying products or affiliate marketing. Every time I searched Google, I couldn't find what I was looking for. Nothing but irrelevant junk came up. When I went to MSN, the first listing was exactly what I needed for all four searches.

Got me Trust,

I thought tomorrow was May 1st, not April 1st.

Jazz T.

Trust,

A Ten-year old kidding??? http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=57609

I, for one, thought it was the Gospel truth. Straight from the horse's mouth.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

ABW Ambassador
    Google News is cool, though !!

I find better results from the AllTheWeb, AltaVista, Eniro, MSN, Teoma and Yahoo search engines, but I am in a technical field and do better with search engines that like on-page content, not "popularity".

"Link Popularity". How high-school . . .

I don't think that the link-crazed Google is of much use to me, generally.

Did Google sell Wall Street a bill of goods or what?

Google News is cool, though !!

Yahoo seems to be the best, most days.

Best,
    RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Once Google fully integrates their new "Trustrank" into their algo, we're going to start seeing some major changes in the serps.

If you don;t have a site linked to from an "authority" site on your topis (to incude dmoz), you could be in trouble...

I think any change in the results will be an improvement. Even with multiple authority links, I'm still in the sandbox. I hope to see a change soon!

- Scott

ABW Ambassador

Action Jackson - King of the World
    The Trustwatch rumor has been around forever. I wouldn't worry too much.

I completely aggree with you. What's the point in trying to optimize your site for a better natural raking if the Monster known as google is turning basically into a huge ad agency. But them and yahoo pretty much control most of the pay per click ads out there so I guess we have no choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast