ABW Ambassador
    Merchants - Start Moving Towards Options
    Some already have options. Options referring to ways affiliates can partner with you. You can have your program at a network but it would be nice if you also had your own inhouse program for those that don't want to work with you thru a network, for those that want to work direct. I understand the benefits of working thru the network. For merchants, reach to thousands of affiliates, someone else to handle the tracking, payments, other things. For affiliates, consolidated payments, less places to login, many more benefits to both merchant and affiliates. But at least have the option of working with your direct on the table. I admire merchants who can handle their business on their own, take some control. Affiliate marketing existed before networks even came on the scene and can exist without them. Their selling point at the time was "Trusted Third Party" (I won't even get into that) because at the time there were some problems, still with some indys. But at least think about putting that option out there.

Internet Cowboy
    All you have to do is take a look at the CJ or LS forum to see the boatloads of problems with the major networks these days. If you are getting paid, you aren't getting reports. If you are getting reports, you aren't getting paid. If you are getting reports and getting paid, you are losing sales because the networks don't police their own rules.
    I agree with Trust in that you need to consider that very soon the networks are going to lose all credibility and affilites will be abandoning them like a sinking ship. Many are doing so right now.

All you have to do is take a look at the CJ or LS forum to see the boatloads of problems with the major networks these days.
    I hate to post this (because of the competition) but, I can't lie.

I joined ShareAsale last year and..........

Guess what!...........

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    And ShareASale
    * has consolidated payments
    * does not even allow parasites join their network, so they are a truly parasite free network

ABW Ambassador
    Using the MYAP software to run your own program would be a good option. That way people can work with your directly, they can go to the merchant site to login and check stats and the way it's set up now if you have a lot merchants using the MYAP software you can login at one place, at Kolimbo, to see how they're all doing. That solves the problem of having to login a bunch of different places to see how all your indys are doing.

I don't know if Shareasale allows merchants to run their independent programs. I am certain that they do not allow us to use other network/s simultaneously. I am curious now, may be I will post this on the SAS thread and get a feedback from Brian and other merchants.

How good is MYAP software? Besides MYAP are there any other good tracking software out there? We are a small business and would like to start out with something that doesn't cost us a fortune but also does an effective job in managing our affiliate program? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    You're on SAS, so you're in good shape. I need to get some links up. There are some other networks where i wish the merchants had options. MYAP is good. I have quite a few indy merchants using it and they work fine for me. If you're more interested i would talk to some other merchants currently using it.

EXACTLY

OPTIONS!!
    GIVE US OPTIONS!!

Give us the opportunity to cut the NETWORKS OUT if we want...!
    It may create a situation where the networks have to wake up and smell the BS!!

If any network has a problem with YOU running YOUR business the way YOU see fit..
    Why would you want to be affiliated with them at all..!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    www.ecomcity.com/safehaven-network.htm and I'm looking into a complete fraud clickstream tracking system to keep the playing field level.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Bump...

but remember . . .
    once upon a time (I understand) quite a few indies decided to corrode their relationships with affiliates to the point where some of the networks were born. In fact, one network is proud to remind us of that.

too bad that now there is a risk factor with both choices. but then, that's life I guess . . .

I don't mind going indie, especially if the merchant seems established, seems to know what they are doing, and is more communicative on places like ABW than the network reps are.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread